“Convenient, small, staff really helpful”
Review of Oliver Plaza Hotel

Oliver Plaza Hotel
Ranked #683 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

As we usually stay in Earls Court for the convenient location we chose Oliver Plaza for this time in London. The rooms are indeed very small and the bathrooms one of the tiniest I have ever seen but nothing that bad - especially for the price we paid. We also got complimentary breakfast, which was reasonable also. I really think no one is expecting all inclusive treatment for a 5-pounds-breakfast.
A very big thumbs up for the staff - always welcoming, polite and ready to help.
Although is a 3-star hotel the sheets wetre changed daily, and toiletries and towels also.
One above all a pleasurable experience, we would recomend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rocksy25
Mangmt, Front Office Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear rocksy25,

I am delighted to read that you were happy with our convenient location and overall stay with us. I am most pleased of all though that you enjoyed our service which is what we work hardest at. It’s really rewarding for our staff to see they satisfied their guests.

I am however really sorry to hear that you felt not comfortable with the space of the room. We can assure you that we maximised the space available and generally all our guests are happy with it. We have different types of rooms and I’m sure that we will be able to find one that you can enjoy even more on your next stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Oliver Plaza soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here whilst we were on a business trip to Earls Court, the location was great for that but disappointed with the hotel, did not really live up to what is on the website. The rooms are tiny and the bathroom is nothing like the picture, I have never seen anything so small in my whole life, hard to fit in there. Neither is it free Wifi as stated, was told by the evening receptionist that only one hour per room per stay or you had to pay.....
Talking about receptionists, the hotel manager, Suresh who is on during the day is one of the most friendliest helpful people I have ever met, nothing was too much trouble for him and if I did go back there, it would be largely based on the treatment received by him, he does a fantastic job and is a credit to the hotel.
You can order cooked breakfast for 5 pounds which was freshly cooked and very nice.
All in all, ok for what we needed but would probably not book again due to size of rooms and bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the nice bathroom!!! If it exists!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mangmt, Public Relations Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear SouthportLulu,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Oliver Plaza Hotel. You’re right our staff and our location are two of our biggest assets and I am happy to read that you experienced our excellent customer service. It’s really rewarding for our staff to see they satisfied their guests.

I am sorry to read that you were not happy with the size of our rooms. Each and every one of our rooms is individually designed and decorated and vary in size and layout. I am confident we can find you a room that you will be very comfortable with.

Please accept my sincere apologies and we will ensure that we do much better for you in future.

Kashif Imran

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Lovely small hotel. Close to Earls Court exhibition centre and the tube station. Although the room was compact. The room was clean and comfortable. The outstanding point was the reception staff - polite, helpful and very welcoming. Made you feel right at home. So many receptionists look down their noses, these two gentleman were lovely and extremely helpful. Can not wait to visit them again. Breakfast was lovely with an option to have a full english instead. Easy to find. You expect to hear some road noise as it is London, but we found it reasonally quiet. Thank you for a lovely weekend

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ali&Der
Mangmt, Front Office Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Ali & Der,

Thank you very much for such wonderful comments. That’s true, our staff has very individual and warm approach to every guest and they are often appreciated for their exceptional customer service. We are delighted to read that you’d like to visit us again and likewise we can’t wait to welcome you back at the Oliver Plaza. I wish you had tried our cooked traditional English breakfast which comprises of bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and eggs.

I sincerely hope that it won’t be long before we welcome you back at the Oliver Plaza Hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights. Rooms are not massive but clean and comfortable. There was some street noise. Continental breakfast fine. Shower room fine and water right temperature. Free wifi but only in one hour slots.
Very convenient for Earls Court

Room Tip: Ask for a room not over the street
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Mangmt, Front Office Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear RupertSussex_Uk,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at the Oliver Plaza hotel.
I am happy to read that you appreciate our clean, comfortable accommodation and our convenient location which is just in the heart of London. We understand how important this is when you travel and I am happy that we positively contributed to your trip to London.
Thank you again and looking forward to welcome you back at the Oliver Plaza soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were two couples visiting London and we stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is very well located, close to the underground and the buses leading to town center. The rooms were clean and the breakfast simple but sufficent. The major problem was the size of bathrooms and specially of the shower. However if I come back to London I think that I can stay again here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Patmalo,

Thank you very much for your review on the Oliver Plaza Hotel. We aim to provide clean, affordable accommodation and this combined with our fantastic location ensures a very comfortable stay with us. I am happy to note that we seem to have delivered on these points during your time with us.
Regarding bathroom size, as you might have noticed our hotel is a conversion of Historic English building which gives it a unique charm and Heritage. We tried to make our rooms as spacious as possible and have wide range from Standard to Executive, which offers shower and bath.

I do hope you will visit us again and experience the stay in our other room types.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here for 12 nights from 28 FEB, hotel is clean, simple breakfast, the hotel staffs were nice n helpful in providing infomation. The Hotel is very close to the tube n Westfield Mall since Rashid told me this is a good place to shop, took bus C1 n is 10 mins journey.I would definately return to stay again here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Mangmt, Front Office Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Dear Francisboey,

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Oliver Plaza hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do pride themselves on delivering the highest levels of personal service. Many of our guests would agree with you that our hotel is clean and our location is ideal, close to underground, buses and shopping. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Oliver Plaza on your next trip to London.

Suresh David

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I know London is expensive, but so many of the hotels in the budget-to-moderate range are bait & switch. This place sounded too great online, but honestly, it wasn't cheap. We were in the top floor, two people stuffed into a room the size of a bathroom with an awful bed. The room was dirty, and I was concerned about bedbugs. The room faced the street which made it very very noisy, and the elevator was right outside the room which we heard all night long. The shower was super-narrow with poor poor water pressure making showering almost impossible. I always travel budget, so my bar is generally set low, but this was ridiculous. We were expected to leave our key at the front desk when we left for the day, but it really felt unsafe to do that. The wireless was non-existent in our attic room, and sadly, that was one reason I chose it. I would not stay here again.

The location in Earl's Court was wonderful--one block from the Tube, and Earl's Court is in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDMidwife

Dear SDMidwife

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Oliver Plaza on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. Of course I was disappointed to read about your feelings following your stay with us and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your comments.

Whilst I am happy to read that you like our location which is very central, I am sorry that you were not happy about your room. As you might be aware, our hotel is a conversion of a historical English building, our recent refurbishment has maximised the room space and added wide variety of room types to cater to all types of visits, short or long. Normally, our guests find the space of the rooms sufficient and comfortable. Also, I can assure you that all our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and our housekeeping staff does their best to keep the rooms neat and tidy. Unfortunately, the wireless problem occurred during your stay and we have already rectified it. Please accept our deepest apologies that you had to experience this.

It is disappointing for any stay to end on a low note, and even more so to learn that you would not consider returning to Oliver plaza. I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as positive as that of others on this site.

Yours sincerely,