5,308 results
All reviews london eye embankment tube station trafalgar square river view royal horse guards equus bar heated floors downing street big ben afternoon tea heated towel rack underfloor heating beautiful hotel charing cross star hotel covent garden turn down service
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stayed overnight to accompany an evening performance at the Vaudeville Theatre. The hotel is within 10 minutes walk of this theatre as well as the Adelphi and some others. It is also on the banks of the river Thames and we could see the London Eye from our window. Usefully you can walk along the Thames (cross the river first) all the way to London Bridge and then cross back to Monument to get a tube return to Embankment (the hotel is only a couple of minutes walk from Embankment tube station).

The room which we had was tastefully decorated with a bath and shower, and a dressing area. Papers were provided in the reception area and we enjoyed a free breakfast courtesy of becoming an online member of Guoman.

The staff were friendly and the great location of this hotel made it a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Great view over the Thames if facing the river
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Royal_Horseguards, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank for your marvelous review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed every bit of your stay in our historic Victorian hotel - from our tastefully, stylish decorated bedrooms to our warm and inviting team. Our guest satisfaction is of our highest importance and we are continually improving to ensure our 5 star service exceeds expectations on each occasion.

We are delighted that you made the most of our superb location. Not only is our location central but also extremely convenient. We are only a short charming stroll away from the tourist hotspots of Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden. Or if you fancy a touch of culture, the National Portrait Gallery, Royal Opera House and Tate Modern are minutes aways too!

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future for another fantastic stay.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed only one night but was very nice room good size everything you could want nice clean comfortable . Bath separate walk in shower
Check in very pleasant shown to room Lovely touch
Wish we had longer

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Royal_Horseguards, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us!

I am delighted to know that you found our team courteous, friendly and helpful.We are very proud in the standards of service and facilities we offer ensuring our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I am thrilled to know that we meet your expectations!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We were able to get the waterloo suit at a very reasonable rate with great views across Thames to the London Eye.Very comfortable hotel ane a great location neat to Embankment and walking distance of Trafalgar squ Nat Gallery and theatreland

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bluebird0344

Thank you for your complimentary review!

Yes the Waterloo Suite is indeed an opulent treat. On the top floor of the hotel, the Suite takes full advantage of our riverside location, overlooking the majestic River Thames and The iconic London Eye. It is positively the best view of the London skyline.I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spectacular surroundings.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to the Royal Horseguards for many years so were disappointed to be asked if this was our first visit when we checked in. We always visit in March as a treat for my birthday, does the hotel’s system not recognise repeat guests ? In the past we have received an upgrade, wine or chocolates but not on this occasion. It’s not so much these gestures that matter but being made to feel welcome for coming back.

We were given an inward facing room, the receptionist did say she would ring to see if we liked the room but never did. Good to see complimentary items in the fridge.

Only 2 cups & saucers provided so we asked for more as I suddenly realised having to rinse out cups in the bathroom was not quite what you would expect to be doing at a 5* hotel !

The shower head was fierce & made the bathroom floor very wet, the magnifying mirror kept slipping down.

Breakfast was good but I didn’t like the food encrusted serving spoons for the baked beans & scrambled eggs left on equally dirty plates.

The concierge staff & the doormen were as professional & friendly as ever. As you go in & out of the hotel during your stay you are made to feel as though you belong.

I have a ‘special birthday’ next year, will I be celebrating at The Royal Horseguards ? At the moment I’m undecided which is a shame, we shall see.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meerkat007_9

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We are constantly striving to deliver the highest standards of service so I am very concerned to hear about the numerous shortfalls that you experienced. I have shared all your feedback with the relevant teams, however I understand that this does not make up for the disappointment caused to you, especially over this celebratory stay.

I do hope that you will revisit next year - I assure you that you will be very well looked after!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2018

When we arrived around 10-30 we found our room all ready with an upgrade which was a lovely surprise, the staff could not do enough for us.the room was lovely and clean and very quite. We checked into the restaurant for our evening meal (we done the theatre packaged) well worth the money. The food was great once we had our meal as we had plenty of time before our show the staff came out with a little pastry with happy birthday on the side and they sang as well it made my 50th birthday very special and we will be going back as this was our 3rd trip to the hotel as it's close to every thing with in walking

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Happy Birthday!

Our hotel teams will be so proud knowing that you had a memorable birthday with us. We love hearing about guests experience and I’m delighted to know that we got it right again.

Don’t wait until your next birthday we very much look forward to welcoming you back before for a fantastic fourth visit!

Best regards,