3,302 results
All reviewswinter gardenmarylebone stationmirror barafternoon teabeautiful hotelmarylebone high streetfive star hotelregents parkbottle of champagneexecutive roomsitting areafamily roomturn down servicewest endatriumspaconcierge
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We visited for a few relaxed drinks and unfortunately witnessed Theo receive a barrage of abuse from an obnoxious group of customers. He remained calm and collected despite the fact they were extremely patronising towards him and I feel somewhat xenophobic. Nonetheless he and his team continued to provide us with the fantastic service we have came to know at this prestigious establishment. We look forward to our next visit in hopefully more civilised circumstances.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear Adam D,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on our Tripadvisor page.

All our team members pride themselves on the high standards they keep so I will be happy to share your feedback with Theo who will be delighted to hear your lovely words.

I was of course very concerned to read, however, that one of our team members received abusive behaviour from other customers, which I will internally address with the team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at the Landmark Hotel for a few nights the end of August. I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff are all professional and welcoming. I arrived early and expected to have to put my luggage in the storeroom until the check in time but the gentleman at the front desk managed to let me check into my room before the allocated check in time. The Landmark is conveniently located and very accessible to some of London's largest attractions. It is a short walk from Baker Street Underground and Oxford Street. The breakfast buffet had an extensive selection of continental, English and Oriental items to choose from. The buffet displays were very inviting. The room itself was a decent size with all the amenities you could need including a decent size flat screen TV with a wide selection of channels. The bed was large very comfortable with beautiful soft linen. I would highly recommend anyone passing through London to choose the Landmark as their base.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Liz T,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely comment on our TripAdvisor page following your recent visit with us.

Needless to say, I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team, who will be happy to hear you found them all to be professional and welcoming.

We very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Exceptional service - staff went above and beyond!! We were treated so well that we wanted to extend our stay another day. I would definitely come back to the Landmark again and I would highly recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear 385jakip,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our hotel to be excellent, with our team members being helpful and standing out.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Landmark Hotel - Winter Garden

Date of Visit: 16.09.17
Time: 4pm

Review:

A short 7min walk from Baker St station and moments away from Marylebone station the hotel is ideally located with many bus routes and Selfridges and Oxford street a short bus journey away.

As you enter you see the grand courtyard and palms greeting you and transporting you to a new place in time and location. You feel like you have travelled to a new country and ready to start your holiday and culinary journey awaits.

A great feel and the open area is even more impressive if you walk up the staircase and view from the mezzanine level with the live pianist and comfortable seating area.

As you enter the winter garden you are immediately greeted and we were seated not to long after even though we were early.

Menus provided and explained in detail but luckily i also enquired before hand about vegetarian options so was aware this was an option. However when the menu was explained we were again asked about any dietary requirements and given options of no meat, no gelatine and no alcohol but i have a feeling that many other options available and very impressed by this.

You are first served with your selection of tea and you can order other drinks if you wish you just maybe charged. Anytime you wish your tea is served to you and refreshed as you need.

Staff always attentive and you are never kept waiting too long. Always smiling and friendly.

Soon after the sandwich selection arrives without the crust and each one is explained. If you finish your selection more are immediately offered and served up. All great tasting with fresh ingredients and not overpowering, cucumber sandwich was fresh and especially also liked the pepper and cream cheese.

After you have completed your sandwiches your scones are served followed by your dessert selection and again you are offered more scones should you wish and at every stage tea is topped up as needed. Scones again home made and fluffy and you get to select two jams (we had strawberry and apricot) and you also get clotted cream but ample servings provided. I am not a scone person but still loved them.

Lets see if you get space for dessert but amazing little selection provided and such great flavour and each looks like it was meticulously made. Hence it is worth ordering one of each of the afternoon teas as you can then get to taste the various desserts and yes you can take away any you don’t finish in a nice handy take away box which also has some style to it.

You won’t go away hungry.

Booking Process: Booked via email and after chasing once the process was easy and responses forthcoming. You do have to provide your credit card details for booking to be confirmed and there is a cancellation charge.

Location: 222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ

Decor & Lighting: Very large and bright courtyard given you are sitting in the glass atrium so flooded with natural light.

Ambience & Acoustics: You have a live pianist playing but it is very much background music and you can hear any conversation with ease and given the expansive area they have done extremely well with the acoustics.

We had the following:

Drinks: Winter Garden Blend (Tea), English Breakfast (Tea)

Food:

Winter Garden Afternoon Tea (Vegetarian Version)
Chocolate Afternoon Tea (Vegetarian Version)

Sandwiches: Cucumber, Egg Mayonnaise, Buffalo mozzarella with pesto and tomato, mixed pepper with cream cheese.
Scone: Apple and Raisin, Chocolate chip and fruit peel.
Dessert: Pistachio and Raspberry Bakewell, Coconut and chocolate macaroon, Banana, pecan nut and milk chocolate cake, blood orange and white chocolate mousse, Pistachio and chocolate Opera gateau, to name just a few…

Desert: See Above

Bill / Cost: £165.00 for three inc service charge etc (£50-60 per head without the champagne option)

Conclusion: A very pleasant afternoon, we arrived early and had to wait a short time but the hotel did take us earlier as soon as they could accommodate. Every effort made to meet your dietary requirements so i would recommend a visit as even if you don’t like the menu it is worth asking for the other options as you will probably be pleasantly surprised. Even offered and provided a fruit platter for my mother who is diabetic. especially nice place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.0

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear m3jal,

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team, who will be happy to hear you found them to be attentive, smiling and friendly.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

The best hotel I have stayed in, service was fantastic from checking in to the waitress in the winter garden. The little touch birthday cake in my room, flowers and champagne. Also birthday cake at dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Guest Relations Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Elaine S,

Many thanks for posting this lovely comment on our TripAdvisor page following your recent stay with us.

Needless to say, I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday here at the Landmark London, and that the team members at both Reception and Winter Garden were fantastic. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with them.