Strand Palace Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$309
US$150
Orbitz.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$228
US$212
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$109
11,010 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationmask bartrafalgar squaresingle roomcharing cross stationwest endlounge barexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationlarge hotelrooms are smalllondon eyefull english
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Strand palace is a favourite of mine when going to London.
Location is excellent and less than 10 min walk to Piccadilly.
Recently refuirbished the rooms are average but good.
Breakfast is excellent.
Can be expensive but web has deals.

Room Tip: club rooms not worth the extra money
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tMCL
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Me and a friend stayed here about 2 weeks ago as we fancied a good night out. We needed somwehere where we could walk to and from all the major bars/clubs etc. This hotel is fantasically located on the strand directly opposite the Savoy Hotel. Covent Garden is literally a 5minute walk.

We were upgraded to a Superior room as soon as we arrived. This room was huge!! The only 'downside' is that we had 1 tiny window which you could not open which made it feel a little 'cabin' like. Other than that £164.00 between two for such a clean and well located hotel in London - it is fab!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spinx_13
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great location, nearby Covent Gardens and the theater zone.

Rooms are super tiny. Food in the bar was good as well as the friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Two nights at this hotel this weekend. The room was comfortable although the single glazed windows did not shut or latch in my room, which meant that Saturday night was loud. In the winter, I imagine that the room could be cold. Breakfast was typical English, nothing fancy but good enough.
Close to Covent Garden, there are a large number of shops and restaurants close by which makes it convenient for dinner, however, with the Underground being such an amazing subway system, you can get anywhere quickly. Buy a day pass from the concierge service, which was wonderful and also arranged a car service to Heathrow in the morning for me.
The price seemed relatively high, but London is an expensive town and the prime theatre distric location was very convenient.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times while on business in London and each time it seems to get a little worse! When I first started staying here I liked it very much but I am afraid this visit will be my last. As I travel on business, my company pickes up the bill but as with many hotels, they still wanted a swipe of my credit card on check in "for security". I have been bitten like this before with other hotels so I politely refused, stating that my whole bill was going back to the company so there was no need for another card - I was rudely informed by the receptionist that they still needed it incase I did some damage to my room! I am a middle aged woman on business, not a member of a rock band! To prevent any further argument, I agreed to the swipe of my card. I was then given the smallest, hottest room in the hotel. It had a double bed but one side of the bed was against the wall as the room was so small, so it really was a single room. On check out, I was advised that there was a problem with the printer or the computer and so my bill could not be processed at that time. I asked the receptionist what card he would be charging the bill to and he looked confused. I asked him to give me the last four numbers of the card that the bill was going to be charged against and he gave me my own card number. This was exactly what I was afraid of as this has happened before. I asked to see a manager but the receptionist was reluctant to call one and kept saying that it was not necessary. Eventually I left the hotel and our travel agent through whom the booking was made had to telephone them to ensure that the bill was charged to the correct card. I was told by the agent that the hotel had also said sorry for implying that I would damage my room. The customer service at reception left a lot to be desired and is one of the things that has gone down hill recently.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking internal light wells are quieter but the view on the outside front rooms is better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business