The Milestone Hotel and Residences
US$222
US$185
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$73
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$177
US$157
galahotels.com
US$211
US$196
2,105 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streetthe general managerhyde parkwonderful hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelthe ritz
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here in December for husbands 50th birthday. He had no idea where we where going, everything had been booked and arranged in secret, and i am pleased to say, we both had a fantastic time.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful, nice touch to be called by your name, and also remembering what you had to drink the night before when ordering a drink the next evening. The staff we found, are about when required, and very helpful and friendly, not constantly hounding you!

Suite was beautiful, well equipped, romantic turndown was beautiful, and all the other little touches left in the room both nights.

Food was good, breakfast was beautiful, did have to wait for a table on the sunday morning, but not for long, maybe only 5 mins, so not a problem at all, nice chance to read and look at all the information/history about the hotel.

All in all, a great place to stay, would recomment to anybody, and we are currently saving up for our next trip to London to stay here, more birthdays coming up, wedding anniversary, really special place to celebrate.

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking Kensington Park, no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alyson67
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review complimenting The Milestone Hotel.

I was delighted that you decided to join us for your 50th birthday celebrations, our team do work endlessly to ensure The Milestone make every occasion a memorable one. I am happy you mentioned our service as we do pay particular attention to striking the right balance between being engaged yet unobtrusive. Our restaurant does get particularly busy over the weekend however I invite you to enjoy the complimentary Room Service Breakfast we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests with breakfast inclusive packages.

I noted that you are looking to return for another special occasion and am looking forward to delivering another memorable experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had the pleasure of having afternoon tea with my fiance' and parents before going to Royal Albert Hall for a Christmas concert. The Milestone had won the the Top London Tea Place awards of 2011, so I was curious if it had truly deserved this honour.

The hotel itself was absolutely divine. Interiors of a high quality and very welcoming staff. The room in which the afternoon tea was served was was just the right size and very cozy and warm. The environment was tranquil, peaceful and very civilized. It really is a place to enjoy the comforts of British food culture with good company.

The afternoon tea itself was of a very high quality and the presentation was immaculate. The Milestone truly deserved its win in 2011 and I'm sure will continue to keep its reputation as the place to go to for afternoon tea. I can't wait to find another occasion to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie S

Dear Reviewer

I was delighted that you decided to join us for Afternoon Tea following the tea council awards. Our Park Lounge is such an amazing tranquil venue which is appreciated by all our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed our top quality offering and noted that you will be back again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

On arrival at the Milestone we were greeted by very friendly concierge staff who quickly organised our rooms and luggage. The junior suite had excellent taste and decor. The rooms had everything to make our stay comfitable. What made our stay enjoyable was the personel touches like the turn back of the bed with a book and book light together with chocolates on the pillows.The bathroom was filled with luxurious cosmetics of excellent taste.
We have stayed at several 5* hotels in the city centre for conveniance but in our opinion nothing compares to the service and little extras provided at the Milestaone. My wife felt like a celebrity.
The hotel has an excellent view of Kennington Palace and Hyde Park.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heiske D

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am pleased to read such a glowing review of our Concierge service; the team do aim to make every one of our guests feel extra special. Our in room amenities and bespoke touches is a very unique trait of The Milestone and our team are encouraged to make every one of our guests stays unique and memorable. I am happy that your wife felt like a celebrity whilst staying with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We arrived at The Milestone Hotel on September 10th
From the time we stepped from our cab until we were bid farewell at 7pm on September 13th,
The service we received from your professional ,friendly staff was nothing less than outstanding.

Your hotel was recommended to us by our Travel Agent- James Irving of MTA Travel -Robina Queensland Australia
James has been handling our travel arrangements for over 20 years and is very aware of our needs.
The Milestone certainly measured up to our expectations and more.
The staff, from the Door ,Reception, Bar,Restaurants,Service to room are all to be congratulated for their excellent service.
A family member surprised us by booking into your hotel for 2 nights.
We knew we had a very good package deal organised by James.
I approached the reception explaining the family member was a sister I hadn't seen for 2 years and if possible an upgrade of some description would be a pleasant surprise for her and her partner.
Your reception organised an upgrade .
This upgrade was far beyond what I had expected.
My sister and her partner had never experienced this type of accommodation before
It was delightful to see their excitement, a once in a lifetime experience for them.
A very impressive Hotel .It is of no wonder you are a member of
The Leading Small Hotels of the World
We will keep The Red Carnation Hotel Group in mind for future travel.
Certainly, The Milestone will be the choice for London
Jenny Coyle

Room Tip: all rooms would be acceptable
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jenny

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your visit in September. I will be sure to send James a thank you note for recommending you to us. Our team were very happy to read your comments about their excellent service; they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. I am also very happy that your sister had such a memorable stay and happy that we made their once in a lifetime experience so special.

Thank you for keeping us in mind for your future travel endeavours and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed at The Milestone in early October and very much enjoyed the whole experience. The public rooms are so beautiful and we were treated to a tour of the building after enjoying a welcome glass of champagne on arrival. We enjoyed a pre-theatre dinner in the restaurant (which we had to ourselves) and it was really excellent. Our room was a little on the small side but exquisitely furnished with a beautiful bathroom. Unfortunately a carpenter was working on the conservatory roof outside our room in the afternoon when we wanted to take a short nap but we understand that maintenance has to be done at some time! That was certainly the only negative. The service was superb and all the staff bent over backwards to make sure we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMR56

Thank you for your complimentary review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your visit in October. I happy to read that our butlers took such good care of you on your arrival and that you managed to join us for a glass of Champagne. In order to maintain our beautiful property we have to perform routine maintenance from time to time, and as you mentioned do try and schedule this to cause minimal disturbance. Our team are delighted that you enjoyed their service regardless of the inconvenience you experienced.

I hope that you will be back again soon and I look forward to meeting you upon your return.