2,184 results
All reviews kensington palace afternoon tea stables bar red carnation welcome drink the entire staff rose petals turn down service little touches favorite hotel kensington high street hyde park wonderful hotel home away from home every member of staff small hotel the ritz
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed at Hotel 41 for four days before a cruise out of Southampton. On the return, we stayed three nights at The Milestone including New Year's Eve. We were so spoiled at Hotel 41 that we thought there was no way The Milestone could compare. Well it did nicely. We did not have that one on one feeling with staff like Hotel 41 but the staff at The Milestone was excellent. The concierge spent time with us arranging a trip to Paris. He took his time, booked the train tickets and printed them. Whenever we needed to make or change a dinner reservation he did it with total class. The bell staff was also very polite and they all seemed to know our name. Our room at The Milestone was magnificent!! Probably the nicest hotel room I have ever experienced. Think it was the Tudor Suite. The suite featured a large main room with a huge bed and large seating area with a fireplace. The second room also had a fireplace and was perfect for our daughter. She had her own little house all to her own. The bathroom was large and we did use the large tub to take relaxing bubble baths. Words cannot describe the room. You need to see the photos. My daughter liked the fact that there were two or three large jars of candy in the room at all times. Jelly Beans and caramel chews I recall. Each night snacks and water were left bedside. My girls loved the apples with caramel and requested them again the next night. We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed the food and service. Loved the Tea Lounge and small bar. My wife picked up a book in the bar and could not stop reading it. She asked the front desk if she could take it home and return it when finished. The clerk said "sure". My wife finished the book and it is on its way back to london with some chocolate macadamia nuts from Hawaii. We loved the location of the hotel. We walked out the front entrance and found restaurants and shops a block away. The Palace is directly across the street and there is a beautiful park to walk in. Beyond the park we found a great district with dozens of ethnic restaurants and shopping. Great location for a family vacation. This was a great stay. Once again my hat is off to the entire Red Carnation family. Love your hotels and people.

Room Tip: You will love the Tudor Suite. Amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank drewomite
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our service and facilities from one of our RCH regular guests; it’s always great to know how we measure up against our sister hotels. The Tudor Suite is an amazing room and never fails to amaze our guests who book it. I am very happy that your daughter liked the complimentary sweets in the rooms and that she and your wife enjoyed the complimentary turn down canapés as well. It is wonderful to know that our guests who life in Paradise enjoyed such a lovely holiday here with us in London. We look forward to the Macadamia nuts and Chocolate and to you returning again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at Milestone for five nights at Christmas, from 23 to 28 December, and we had our Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Lunch in Cheneston’s restaurant. This was our second stay at the hotel, and we had a perfect Christmas away from home. We loved every minute of it, and we have already booked our third stay in February 2012.

We have travelled quite a lot all over Europe, and we have visited several five star hotels. Milestone is by far the best of them, with warmth, personal service and a welcoming kindness that we have never found anywhere else. London is our favourite town, and Milestone is our favourite hotel.

We will recommend general manager Andrew Pike and his lovely staff in a wonderful Kensington building.

1  Thank Globetrotters49

Thank you for your very complimentary review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your Christmas with us here at The Milestone. I happy to read that you managed to join us for our very special Christmas lunch and dinner, the team went our of their way to make them both very special events. Our team are delighted that you enjoyed their service and look forward to welcoming you back again in February.

I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Milestone Hotel for nine nights over the Christmas and New Year holiday. I cannot say enough about the management, staff and hotel in general. Without exception, every staff member treated us with the utmost respect and really, really seemed to care about our needs.

We initially had some concerns about staying in a hotel on Christmas Day but the Milestone and its staff made it a wonderful (and very memorable) day. The day started by us finding a Christmas stocking with wrapped presents attached to our hotel room door on Christmas morning...then we had a fabulous full English breakfast in our room followed that evening by an outstanding dinner in Cheneston's Restaurant...finally, we capped off this great day with evening tea in the library (which we experienced every night of our stay). In addition to the hotel itself, the Milestone's Kensington location is perfect...we walked everywhere from the hotel and very much enjoyed our walks in Hyde Park.

I've stayed in many "so called" first class hotels and all too often they've sadly missed the mark but in the case of the Milestone, they’re truly a first class establishment at every level and expertly operated and managed. We guarantee we will return as soon as we can....

8  Thank BCSE
MilestoneGM, Front Office Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear Reviewer

I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Christmas. Christmas is a special time at The Milestone Hotel and all the team here try their hardest to make it, as you said, "a home from home." In fact our aim is to do that all through the year !!

Anyway I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel and I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Kind regards and with renewed thanks

Neil Anderson
Front of House Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here in December for husbands 50th birthday. He had no idea where we where going, everything had been booked and arranged in secret, and i am pleased to say, we both had a fantastic time.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful, nice touch to be called by your name, and also remembering what you had to drink the night before when ordering a drink the next evening. The staff we found, are about when required, and very helpful and friendly, not constantly hounding you!

Suite was beautiful, well equipped, romantic turndown was beautiful, and all the other little touches left in the room both nights.

Food was good, breakfast was beautiful, did have to wait for a table on the sunday morning, but not for long, maybe only 5 mins, so not a problem at all, nice chance to read and look at all the information/history about the hotel.

All in all, a great place to stay, would recomment to anybody, and we are currently saving up for our next trip to London to stay here, more birthdays coming up, wedding anniversary, really special place to celebrate.

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking Kensington Park, no traffic noise at all.
1  Thank Alyson67
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review complimenting The Milestone Hotel.

I was delighted that you decided to join us for your 50th birthday celebrations, our team do work endlessly to ensure The Milestone make every occasion a memorable one. I am happy you mentioned our service as we do pay particular attention to striking the right balance between being engaged yet unobtrusive. Our restaurant does get particularly busy over the weekend however I invite you to enjoy the complimentary Room Service Breakfast we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests with breakfast inclusive packages.

I noted that you are looking to return for another special occasion and am looking forward to delivering another memorable experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had the pleasure of having afternoon tea with my fiance' and parents before going to Royal Albert Hall for a Christmas concert. The Milestone had won the the Top London Tea Place awards of 2011, so I was curious if it had truly deserved this honour.

The hotel itself was absolutely divine. Interiors of a high quality and very welcoming staff. The room in which the afternoon tea was served was was just the right size and very cozy and warm. The environment was tranquil, peaceful and very civilized. It really is a place to enjoy the comforts of British food culture with good company.

The afternoon tea itself was of a very high quality and the presentation was immaculate. The Milestone truly deserved its win in 2011 and I'm sure will continue to keep its reputation as the place to go to for afternoon tea. I can't wait to find another occasion to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie S

Dear Reviewer

I was delighted that you decided to join us for Afternoon Tea following the tea council awards. Our Park Lounge is such an amazing tranquil venue which is appreciated by all our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed our top quality offering and noted that you will be back again soon.