2,180 results
All reviews kensington palace afternoon tea stables bar red carnation welcome drink the entire staff rose petals turn down service little touches favorite hotel kensington high street hyde park wonderful hotel home away from home every member of staff small hotel the ritz
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We'd previously stayed at the Milestone for a show in the Royal Albert Hall in 2010 and when I was looking for a special treat for my wife a few months after the arrival of our baby in November 2011, I knew the Milestone would be the perfect place. It sounds like a cliche but from the very moment you arrive at the entrance, you are made feel completely welcome by everyone in a genuine, warm-hearted manner. The attention from then until the moment you leave is like no other hotel I have ever stayed in without ever being over-bearing. We especially loved the little touches in the room when we returned to it after our dinner. We would come to London especially just to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review of your Milestone experience.

I am delighted that you chose to return to The Milestone to celebrate the birth of your baby; congratulations and we wish you all the best. Our team work endlessly to ensure every one of our guests feels engaged yet aim to always be as unobtrusive as possible. I am also happy to read that The Milestone is your preferred London hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at The Milestone in February for one night, as part of a surprise birthday getaway which my husband organised. We stayed in a deluxe double room (no. 310) which, being on the third floor and on the front of the hotel, had great views over Hyde Park. We weren't aware of any traffic noise at all - very quiet. The room was spacious and clean with a wonderful en-suite bathroom.

Free wi-fi in your room. Fruit platter and welcome drink on arrival plus an informative tour of the hotel. We didn't stay for afternoon tea as we were dashing off to the theatre, but we have had afternoon tea at The Milestone before and I would highly recommend it - a wonderful experience. Nearest tube station is High Street Kensington (just 5 mins walk away), or the hotel will organise taxis for you.

We enjoyed cocktails in the hotel bar, made by the wonderful Markus (Head Mixologist!), before heading out for dinner locally. Many great restaurants in the area, or you can make reservations at the hotel restaurant. We were greeted by every member of staff we met at The Milestone. The team are certainly keen to make their guests feel welcome and valued during their stay. On several occasions, we saw members of the management team taking the time to interact with the hotel guests as they sat for coffee or dinner. Anything you want or need is catered for.

When we returned to our room later in the evening, staff had been in to scatter rose petals around the room and light candles. The 'romantic turndown' as they call it - amazing! Overall, a truly wonderful experience - would definitely visit The Milestone again and highly recommend it to others. For us, it made the special occasion even more special!

Room Tip: Front of the hotel has great views of Hyde Park
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JL_and_DLSouthampton
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your in-depth review of The Milestone Hotel

Reading such a wonderful report of our service and facilities is a real pleasure. I am happy that you made use of the free Wi-Fi this is a great benefit and appreciated by many of our guests. Our team strive to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the management, like to engage with our guests at every opportunity. I am happy that you enjoyed the Romantic Turndown on your special occasion.

I noted that you will be back again and hope to meet you in person.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was looking for a nice and traditional place to have afternoon-tea in London and I found The Milestone on the list of the Top London Tea Place Awards 2011. So I was sure I was going to find something very nice. And The Milestone has by far exceeded my expectations. I had the best afternoon-tea ever! The room where the afternoon-tea takes place is a very beautiful room, with a magnificent decoration. I was seated in the Library where I had the feeling that time had stopped. I had a very nice view on Kensington gardens. The food itself was absolutely fantastic. I am looking forward to go back and I don't want to have afternoon tea somewhere else in London now.

I also had the chance to visit the hotel. The rooms are nicely decorated. Every room is decorated in a different style but always in the most beautiful way. The staff is really welcoming and very friendly. I really fell in love with that hotel and will be staying there for sure in the future.
I warmly recommend it to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Cetti B
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Award winning Afternoon Tea

We are very proud to feature on the Top Afternoon Tea Places for 2012 once again, and even more delighted that this award convinced you to enjoy our Afternoon Tea. Our Park Lounge is truly an amazing venue, this was the original drawing room of the house that was first built in 1883/4, and many of the books in the lounge predate even the building itself. I am happy that you managed to see what the rest of the hotel has to offer as well as our beautiful individually designed rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed at Hotel 41 for four days before a cruise out of Southampton. On the return, we stayed three nights at The Milestone including New Year's Eve. We were so spoiled at Hotel 41 that we thought there was no way The Milestone could compare. Well it did nicely. We did not have that one on one feeling with staff like Hotel 41 but the staff at The Milestone was excellent. The concierge spent time with us arranging a trip to Paris. He took his time, booked the train tickets and printed them. Whenever we needed to make or change a dinner reservation he did it with total class. The bell staff was also very polite and they all seemed to know our name. Our room at The Milestone was magnificent!! Probably the nicest hotel room I have ever experienced. Think it was the Tudor Suite. The suite featured a large main room with a huge bed and large seating area with a fireplace. The second room also had a fireplace and was perfect for our daughter. She had her own little house all to her own. The bathroom was large and we did use the large tub to take relaxing bubble baths. Words cannot describe the room. You need to see the photos. My daughter liked the fact that there were two or three large jars of candy in the room at all times. Jelly Beans and caramel chews I recall. Each night snacks and water were left bedside. My girls loved the apples with caramel and requested them again the next night. We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed the food and service. Loved the Tea Lounge and small bar. My wife picked up a book in the bar and could not stop reading it. She asked the front desk if she could take it home and return it when finished. The clerk said "sure". My wife finished the book and it is on its way back to london with some chocolate macadamia nuts from Hawaii. We loved the location of the hotel. We walked out the front entrance and found restaurants and shops a block away. The Palace is directly across the street and there is a beautiful park to walk in. Beyond the park we found a great district with dozens of ethnic restaurants and shopping. Great location for a family vacation. This was a great stay. Once again my hat is off to the entire Red Carnation family. Love your hotels and people.

Room Tip: You will love the Tudor Suite. Amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank drewomite

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our service and facilities from one of our RCH regular guests; it’s always great to know how we measure up against our sister hotels. The Tudor Suite is an amazing room and never fails to amaze our guests who book it. I am very happy that your daughter liked the complimentary sweets in the rooms and that she and your wife enjoyed the complimentary turn down canapés as well. It is wonderful to know that our guests who life in Paradise enjoyed such a lovely holiday here with us in London. We look forward to the Macadamia nuts and Chocolate and to you returning again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at Milestone for five nights at Christmas, from 23 to 28 December, and we had our Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Lunch in Cheneston’s restaurant. This was our second stay at the hotel, and we had a perfect Christmas away from home. We loved every minute of it, and we have already booked our third stay in February 2012.

We have travelled quite a lot all over Europe, and we have visited several five star hotels. Milestone is by far the best of them, with warmth, personal service and a welcoming kindness that we have never found anywhere else. London is our favourite town, and Milestone is our favourite hotel.

We will recommend general manager Andrew Pike and his lovely staff in a wonderful Kensington building.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotters49

Thank you for your very complimentary review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your Christmas with us here at The Milestone. I happy to read that you managed to join us for our very special Christmas lunch and dinner, the team went our of their way to make them both very special events. Our team are delighted that you enjoyed their service and look forward to welcoming you back again in February.

I look forward to meeting you upon your return.