“Near Perfection!”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Milestone, and we could not have been more pleased. A smaller hotel located right in the heart of Kensington, it was in a very convenient place, which made sightseeing easy. We had two suites, which were quite large and accommodating. They were also most clean and neat, and there were some nice little touches, such as a plate of small fruits provided every evening.
I was most impressed with the level of service, which was impeccable. All members of the hotel staff knew us by name, were solicitous of our needs, and were always most polite. Not even my sometimes-rambunctious 9 year old could rattle them, and their courtesy was always extended to my children, which was most appreciated.
The hotel has a wonderful and renowned restaurant. We originally had a dinner reservation but instead opted for a late afternoon tea, which was a big hit with the children in particular. While I enjoyed the tea as well, the hotel’s cozy bar was my favorite. After each fun but tiring day of sightseeing, I would camp out there – very relaxing!
The only qualm – and it is quite small – concerned the breakfast, as it was a tad skimpy compared to breakfasts provided at some of our other stays in England. The relatively small size of the hotel’s dining space may be the culprit there.
The Milestone is quite expensive, but we had such a wonderful time that I smiled as I reviewed the bill. It was worth the splurge!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rorytory
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our service and small touches and especially pleased that you were able to make use of Cheneston's for a late Afternoon tea.
Whilst I'm pleased that you enjoyed breakfast, I note that you felt a little more choice would have been appreciated. We do try and ring the changes with one or two seasonal extras and even if we do not have the space to offer a more extensive range of items we are usually able to provide one or two additional items upon request and will always go the extra mile with any specific favourites where we are aware of these. I'm delighted that you enjoyed spending time with us with your family who I know we enjoyed looking after!
Warm regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here for a week last August for a girls trip with my young daughters and the service and accommodations could not have been better. Both Neil at the front desk and Neil the concierge were incredibly helpful and Pedro gave the kids a wonderful tour that was part of the family package we booked. We had a wonderful dinner in cheneston's one night with my parents who were visiting at the same time - highly recommend the Dover Sole! This trip was a very special splurge for us and this hotel did not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wooches
MilestoneGM, Front Office Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations in our restaurant and with Pedro, our fantastic Butler, showing your children around the hotel. That has proved very popular with our younger guests.
I sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Neil Anderson
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel every week to London and it's been a very pleasant surprise to discover The Milestone. Excellent service, taking care of every need. Good restaurant also, including an amazing wine list. Finally, the location is perfect. Will repeat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank abernad
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

It’s wonderful to read that such a regular traveller as yourself rates us so highly. We are always especially delighted to read comments about our restaurant Chenestons from our repeat guests, and hope that we will remain your first choice for your stays in London.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon, and I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is a luxurious place to stay. The facilities are excellent which include a pool and a gym. The staff could not have been better and pedro the butler was great showing us round the hotel and resolving any issues. The area could not be better near hyde park, the tube and museums. A big thanks to all the staff and I could not thing of anything bad about the hotel. We would recommend this hotel and will come back in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Colm H
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your lovely review of The Milestone Hotel

I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel tour with Pedro; he does thoroughly enjoy showcasing our lovely property. I am happy that you managed to visit some of the many Museums and attractions in our local area. I have made a note to give a special thank you to our team at the next team meeting as they thoroughly enjoy hearing how much our guests appreciate their service.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed last year for one week with our two kids and it was the best experience. Alexandra ,the receptionist, was very helpful and very nice , but most important , very professional. Location is unbeatable and restaurant was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruth S
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for your review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read that Alexandra took such good care of you during her stay. She was delighted to read your comment as she does really go out of her way to make sure all our guests have a wonderful time. I am happy that you enjoyed being in our Borough of London with all its wonderful attractions and Museums.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although it is a bit pricey, Milestone delivers a real personal touch in a fine environment. The head guy in the restaurant has endless stories about this and that-----the breakfast is great (excellent scottish smoked salmon)----location is great too. The rooms are fine, very comfortable and well kept, but nothing extraordinary when compared to other hotels of this category.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alanglazen

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that you enjoyed the Salmon we serve at Breakfast. We do benefit from a wonderful location opposite Kensington Palace with great access to local shopping and attractions.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have just returned from our weekend trip to London, we enjoyed it very much. The hotel was so friendly and not at all stuffy, people were engaging and genuinely interested in anything they could help you with. The room we had was a suite and it was truly spectacular even down to the candlelit bathroom.

The room overlooked the park, so when booking its best to ask for a room that over looks the Park, as some can look onto the conservatory which can be a bit noisy at times. As regards to the food, if I am honest we were not impressed at all, very expensive and all quite cold. breakfast was really nice, so if you I were you I would use the facilities this hotel has to offer but eat elsewhere after all you are in London tons to choose from.

Overall definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the Park
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weekendtravelle... B
MilestoneGM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to note that overall you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt we took good care of you. Whilst I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast, I am very concerned that you were disappointed with the other items of food that you ordered.
As guests who have stayed with us before, you will know that we really do want to ensure that every aspect of our product is consistent. We would welcome any additional information or comments about the items that you ordered so we can ensure that we take any remedial action to address this. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Milestone on your next trip to London.
Kind regards