The Milestone Hotel and Residences
US$136
US$112
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
US$144
US$133
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$105
US$232
US$168
  • Pool
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$227
US$196
Agoda.com
2,105 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streetthe general managerhyde parkwonderful hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelthe ritz
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family recently had the pleasure of staying at the Milestone Hotel in the Kensignton area of London. In all our years of traveling, we have had the opportunity to stay at several high quality hotel establishments including the Ritz, Four Seasons, Cloister at Sea Island, Sanctuary at Kiawah Island and the Breakers in Palm Beach. However, we have never had an experience quite like the Milestone. The entire staff from the front desk, to the doormen to the concierge went above and beyond our expectations. The staff covered every request with genuine courtesy, precision and the utmost professionalism. More importantly, they made our daughters feel special each and every day. The highlight of our stay was an afternoon tea that will remain in our hearts for years to come. The Milestone embodies a level of old style "British" service that we thought was gone forever. Thankfully, we were mistaken.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott C
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Scott

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your recent visit to London. Our team were very happy to read you comments about their excellent service; they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. We were over the moon to read how favourably we compared to the Luxury hotels you stayed at before. I am also very happy that you managed to join us for afternoon tea and had such a memorable experience.

I hope you will be keeping us in mind for your future travel endeavours and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I do not dish out the 'excellent' badge very often, but came close this time. This is a top class hotel, whilst remaining to be a little quirky and British. No fancy palm filled atrium here, but some nice cosy snugs and other little hideaways. Aims to provide impeccable service, and came rather close.

My only complaint was that the cooked breakfast really was made to order, possibly even sourced to order, as it did not arrive in time for me to eat it. Breakfast here is clearly to be enjoyed at a more leisurely pace than I could afford.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Origami_kid
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Milestone.
Whilst I'm pleased and encouraged that we came close to ticking your "Excellence Box" I am disappointed that we missed this opportunity by your having to wait longer than you should have for your breakfast. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Whilst we do prepare our hot breakfast dishes to order this should not have taken so long that you did not have the time to take it. Our team are always aware that our guests have different time constraints and we should always be able to pick the pace up if required to delivery a speedier service. One or two of our hot dishes are also a little quicker to prepare and serve and our breakfast team will always advise on this. Please do remind us about this when you next have the opportunity to stay and I will ensure that not only will breakfast be with our compliments but we will also ensure that you are able to enjoy it as intended.
Andrew Pike, General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This was my third stay at the Milestone and I am happy to say it did not disappoint. It is in a terrific location right across from Kensington Gardens, it has a wonderful classic London feel - but what really sets it apart is the impeccable service. Each and every person I came into contact with provided excellent service - and it is done in a truly genuine and friendly manner. They make you feel welcome and taken care of - and after a long day it was like coming home. The hotel itself is very nice ( and I am a picky traveler!) , the restaurant and amenities quite lovely - but the service is something that you just don't get at the other fine hotels. The Milestone is definately the choice I will make on my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nlg2012

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Milestone, especially as it was your third stay with us! I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location directly facing Kensington Palace and the overall feel of the hotel. I am most pleased of all though that you enjoyed our service which is what we work hardest at. To convey a genuine feeling of being in a "home from home" is exactly what we strive for so I'm delighted that you felt we delivered on this for you.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon to your new "home form home" in London.

Kind regards

Andrew Pike, General Manager.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed five days, and every single day without fail all of our needs were met and them some. Our park view was lovely but the Internet service that they say is free is horrible if not impossible to use. You have to keep putting in your specific long winded code and you get bumped if you stay on it. In our room 409 we had a telephone shower, which wasn't what we had hope for, at the price of our stay. The toilet if you flushed it once would run for a long time and not flush again for quite a while. So you can imagine if two people have to really use the Jon. I prepaid for the trip and asked if my trip could be paid with out being converted into pounds, the booker said yes. When the will came in over 86 dollars was added by Amex because they used their conversion service to pounds. I offered them other cards, they would not budge and I ate the fee. My stay was in the thousands so it would have been nice for them to follow through on their word. The staff were incredibly helpful and professional.
Go to their Freshfields down the block for special artisanal Engish food and they have dining up stairs. Go down the block to Spencer and Marks for money changing they offer no fees and a great rate of exchange. The breakfast package we added, if you like fish their lox and cooked breakfast fish is truly suppurb and they will make you any thing you want or breakfast. Definitely the hotel is worth the stars and than some.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank travelPAUSA

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of service and product consistency I am very sorry to read of the difficulties your experienced with our internet service. We have recently been working on this and are in the process of making this service much quicker to log onto and use so please do bear with us as I'm confident that we will have this addressed for you for future stays!
I am also most concerned to read of your frustration with the credit card process. We do accept all major credit cards and in the case of the type of card that you used I have to point out that we would not have been able to affect the currency conversion service as this is governed by the card company and not ourselves. I am sure that in this instance any charges would surely be reviewed and adjusted as appropriate.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the convenience of Wolefoods Market just along the road from us which is the only one in Europe I believe. My apologies for the small frustration with the cistern in your bathroom which we have since checked thoroughly to ensure this has been fully addressed.
Each and every one of our rooms is different and I'm sure that we will be able to find one that you enjoy even more on your next stay!
Andrew Pike, General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a hotel in the Kensington area to be near our son who is attending an abroad program. We also wanted a hotel with an indoor pool. Previously we have stayed at the Berkeley and the Savoy, both wonderful hotels so we were taking a chance, but were not disappointed.
We have now stayed at The Milestone twice in February and are returning in April. It is a lovely gem, small with a lot of character, and wonderful service. It has a thoroughly British, almost Victorian flair and reminds me of the Lowell in New York in terms of size, comfort and service.
We had two different junior suites, The Venetian and The Harlequin. We preferred the layout of the Harlequin but both were lovely.
Room service in the morning was exactly on time.
We highly recommend The Milestone, particularly if you need to be in this lovely area of London.

Room Tip: Every room is different.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah G

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your second stay with us. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our two quite different suites and I'm quite sure that we have now noted your preference for the Harlequin Suite!
Most of all though I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the overall character and our service which I always feel is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back this month for your third stay!
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel