“The most amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1,087 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scarsdale, New York
“The most amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Milestone Hotel in one of their apartments. We were traveling with 2 teenage children and my mother. The accomodations were fabulous! We had so much space and the rooms were beautful. The service was exceptional...the hotel didn't know what to do for us next and the food was great. Breakfast was wonderful, we really enjoyed high tea and had a lovely dinner one eve in the hotel sitting by the fireplace. The concierge service was top notch. In fact, I forgot my house keys at the hotel and they immediately sent my keys back to me in the states. I travel alot for business and pleasure and must say that this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay there on our next trip to London. It was truly an exceptional find. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it an 11! I can't wait to come back to the Milestone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Apartment #1. It had a very large living room on the 1st floor that we put a roll away...
2 Thank Francine18
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our Apartments are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave us a 11 out of 10 for you overall stay. I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel. I look forward to meeting you and your family on your next trip to us.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed one week at Milestone in March 2012. This hotel is very special and is a real 5 stars hotel. Beautiful decor in our room, excellent service from everybody from the concierge to the room service. The food was excellent, the decor unforgettable. Everybody made us feel good. Perfectly located. We will choose this hotel again for sure and will remember the truly warm hospitality. You won't regret your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise M
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Denise

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am very happy to read that you had such a great time with us during your week to London. Our individually styled rooms and dedication to service excellence are our biggest attraction and highlights of the Milestone. I am delighted at your recommendation to other travellers and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

White Plains, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just returned from April holiday visiting our son who is studying at King's College this semester. We rented an apartment at the hotel-which truly surpassed our expectations. The apartment was beautiful, with magnificently appointed rooms for ourselves and two of our children- ages 18 and 15. We also had a lovely living/sitting room where we could read, relax, watch movies, visit with our older son and his girlfriend, etc. The kitchen came already stocked with juice, milk, coffee/tea, cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit. The staff is amazing- kind, helpful, hospitable--you truly feel "at home", welcome and part of the family. They are solution oriented-- if your college junior decides on the spur of the moment that he wants to sleep over- they have a comfortable bed set up in the living room 5 minutes later. If you have a reservation for tea for four, and two more guests show up at the last minute- they are received-- without skipping a beat-- with warmth and true hospitality.
We have been lucky enough to vacation at some truly wonderful places--Palazzo Sasso in Ravello, Gran Hotel Serbilloni in Bellagio, King David in Jerusalem--this is more than a match for any of them.
Please note- the team is what makes this place great- wonderful doormen, warm friendly front desk, rockin' concierge-kudos to Jose, Andrew- the "heart" of the hotel, and awesome bartender Markus. Thanks to all of you for an awesome vacation.
Steve, Barbara, and family

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Steve, Barbara and family,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in our apartments. We have received some great comments about how these apartments work well for longer stays and I'm especially pleased that you were able to make full use of the hotel services and most of all spend time with our team who are passionate about what they do. I will take much pleasure in passing your kind comments onto each member of the team including Markus and Jose of course. We very much hope that we have won you over as future guests who will regard us as your "home from home" in London.
Your warm validation is hugely appreciated and most encouraging. Please rest assured that we will keep working hard for you and look forward we hope to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
Warm regards Andrew
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,299 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I went there with a bunch of friends for afternoon high-tea. I didnt actually pay for the high tea so i can't tell you how much it cost. There were scones with whipped butter and jam. Prawn mayo sandwich (I think), tuna sandwich, ham and cheese sandwich. There are sweets ranging from cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, fruit tartlets and etc. They were all very yummy and if you want a classy, high-class and girly high-tea with your girly friends, this is the right place.

After the high-tea, there were complimentary cocktails which i think its pretty standard.

The service from the waiter was very good, toilets are clean and atmosphere was very good too.

Please click YES if you think this review is helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel’s Afternoon Tea

I am delighted that you and your girlfriends enjoyed our tea and service so much. Our team do strive to deliver the best service combined with only the finest array of mouth-watering delights from our Chefs. We have also again been awarded The Tea Guild’s Award for Excellence for 2012 which is a testament to what our team constantly strive to achieve.

I sincerely hope to see you and your friends again soon.

Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed there with my family (wife and three kids 2,4,9) over the easter weekend and i never had a better one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx to the whole staff, they´ve been so nice and everything was perfect!

The best Hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Room Tip: Tudor Suite or any other! Every room looks brillant!!!
Dear Michael

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read that you had perfect Easter celebrations with us. I am very happy that your family enjoyed our hotel and sincerely hope to see you again in the future.

Marietta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My family recently had the pleasure of staying at the Milestone Hotel in the Kensignton area of London. In all our years of traveling, we have had the opportunity to stay at several high quality hotel establishments including the Ritz, Four Seasons, Cloister at Sea Island, Sanctuary at Kiawah Island and the Breakers in Palm Beach. However, we have never had an experience quite like the Milestone. The entire staff from the front desk, to the doormen to the concierge went above and beyond our expectations. The staff covered every request with genuine courtesy, precision and the utmost professionalism. More importantly, they made our daughters feel special each and every day. The highlight of our stay was an afternoon tea that will remain in our hearts for years to come. The Milestone embodies a level of old style "British" service that we thought was gone forever. Thankfully, we were mistaken.

1 Thank Scott C
Dear Scott

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your recent visit to London. Our team were very happy to read you comments about their excellent service; they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. We were over the moon to read how favourably we compared to the Luxury hotels you stayed at before. I am also very happy that you managed to join us for afternoon tea and had such a memorable experience.

I hope you will be keeping us in mind for your future travel endeavours and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I do not dish out the 'excellent' badge very often, but came close this time. This is a top class hotel, whilst remaining to be a little quirky and British. No fancy palm filled atrium here, but some nice cosy snugs and other little hideaways. Aims to provide impeccable service, and came rather close.

My only complaint was that the cooked breakfast really was made to order, possibly even sourced to order, as it did not arrive in time for me to eat it. Breakfast here is clearly to be enjoyed at a more leisurely pace than I could afford.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Origami_kid
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Milestone.
Whilst I'm pleased and encouraged that we came close to ticking your "Excellence Box" I am disappointed that we missed this opportunity by your having to wait longer than you should have for your breakfast. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Whilst we do prepare our hot breakfast dishes to order this should not have taken so long that you did not have the time to take it. Our team are always aware that our guests have different time constraints and we should always be able to pick the pace up if required to delivery a speedier service. One or two of our hot dishes are also a little quicker to prepare and serve and our breakfast team will always advise on this. Please do remind us about this when you next have the opportunity to stay and I will ensure that not only will breakfast be with our compliments but we will also ensure that you are able to enjoy it as intended.
Kind regards