“Choose Millennium Gloucester for Travel Made Easy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #490 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Choose Millennium Gloucester for Travel Made Easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I just stayed for 5 nights in a club room at the Millennium Gloucester over the long Easter weekend. The hotel is tucked away off the main road among a variety of small stores and restaurants. First, I recommend this hotel for the location. As long as you are comfortable with riding the subway (which by the way is quite easy in London) then your daily transportation needs will be met with ease because the Tube (subway) is right across the street. Coming and going is a breeze. Second, I recommend spending a few extra dollars for a club room. Our bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept in and though the hotel receipt stated that it would be a double bed, clearly this bed was more king-sized with excellent linens. The room was quiet and the club-program breakfast was included; the breakfast (eggs, sausage, muffins, beans, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, and fruit) is served in a charming 6th floor space with attentive and polite staff ready to help. Third, the lobby staff is helpful when presented with a problem. I communicated with the desk that a few of our outlets seemed to be malfunctioning, and the woman made an immediate note to have a worker tend to it as soon as we were ready to make the room available. This hotel is very large, so if you are seeking a very personal relationship with the management, it may not be the one for you. However, if you are in the market for a convenient hotel location, safe and charming neighborhood, and a responsive staff, choose the Millennium Gloucester.
I'd go back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a Club Room. And, the internet fee is 20 pounds a day, so I recommend regist...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear LauraWashingtonDC,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor!

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and that you were specially satisfied with the Club Room and the breakfast in the Club Lounge. Your lovely comments have been passed on to the team.

The Millennium Gloucester Hotel is quite a large property indeed, but the management has a hands on approach and is not rare to see them walking around the property, making sure the guests are well looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Executive Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were looking for a hotel within walking distance of the Royal Albert Hall and this fitted the bill perfectly. A bonus for us was that the hotel had an underground car park (£37 for 24 hours - so not cheap - but very convenient!)
The hotel is very large and has very good facilities - which we didn't use. (Breakfast for £21 or go to Caffe Nero which is almost next door........)
Our room was upgraded to a king size and the room was certainly large and well equipped. The bed was extra large and comfortable. The room had air conditioning that was user controllable. There was a fridge for cooling drinks, ironing board, trouser press, programmable safe, hair dryer, widescreen television - with purchasable extras such as film channel and internet access. A kettle and beverages tray was provided - but surprisingly the only tea supplied was Earl Grey.
The chair next to the television had seen better days and was a little scruffy on the arms - but otherwise the room was smartly furnished and very clean.
The bathroom was luxuriously fitted although the sealant round the sink was a bit scruffy and the bath had chips in the enamel. A good range of towels and a bathrobe was supplied along with complimentary slippers and toiletries.
The curtains were nice and thick - so they blocked out the light well, and we were not disturbed by noise from other rooms -so we slept well.
Staff were all very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Booking direct with the hotel would have cost us about £20 more than using one of the hotel booking...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Wan2binthedales,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor!

I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Indeed we are very well located, close to many attractions, including the Royal Albert Hall, Hide Park and museums.

I see that you were mostly happy with the bedroom standards and that you had a good night sleep. I hope next time you opt for inclusive breakfast as I would like to have your feedback on that area as well. About the teas in the room, I apologise, there should be English breakfast tea as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just spent 2 nights there and enjoyed the stay. The location is really wonderful, just round the corner fron Gloucester Road tube station. We were given a room despite arriving at 7am. All the staff we met were wonderful and very friendly. We are still in London but changed to Park Plaza Westminster just to try something different and we are starting to miss Gloucester's location and staff already. Only down side about Gloucester is that it can do with some new carpet in our room.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear William C,

Thank you for your kind review about the Millennium Gloucester Hotel! I was just a bit disappointed to learn that you decided to try something different elsewhere.

I hope this experience will reassure you that the Gloucester is your home away from home as you started to miss us already.

Just a note about the carpets in the rooms, we replaced them on few floors last year and we have plans for the higher floors in the not so distant future, hopefully we will have them in place for your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 with my boyfriend for one night. We stayed on a Saturday night. We arrived saturday lunch time and checked in. The hotel is very impressive, the lobby was beautiful. The room we were in was very nice and well priced. We paid £100 for the room including 2 breakfasts.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

My only niggle about the room was that it was 2 single beds pushed together, and one of the beds was about 1 and 1/2 inches higher than the other which made it a bit uncomfortable to cuddle!!!

The hotel was only about a 2 minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station.
The breakfast the next day was very nice. Lots of choice and very tasty. Again only niggle was we were sat in a small room off the main breakfast room (they had a lot of pilots in the main room), but the breakfast was still nice and the service was still very good.

Overall a lovely place and good value, would go back!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sarah L,

Thank you for your review!

I was delighted to know that you had a enjoyable stay with us and that you were impressed with our lobby, the bedrrom and the breakfast.

Regarding the points you were not so happy about, we are progressing with our bed replacement program and we expect to change beds in a number of rooms over the next few months. I do not know in which room you stayed in last time, but since August it is likely we replaced those already.

Sometimes the occupancy levels are very high and to ease the service during the peak breakfast hours, we open a second room just next to the main restaurant where we offer virtually the same options and service.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Sacramento California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed for 8 nights in Sept 11. The rooms are huge for London... I usually stay at the Bailey's (small vintage rooms) but went rogue this trip tried the neighbor.

Only issue is that there are ossome "bad" rooms if your a light sleep like me--on the street side--directly facing the garbage maintenance area of the complex across the street. Noise through out the night and ealry morning hours was a bit much for me.

The next morning the front desk clerk was just wonderful about it and moved me 180 degrees to the other side of the building to a room facing the inner courtyard with no neighbors for the next 4 nights..pure quiet. After moving to the new room I stoped by the front desk and tipped the desk to her surprise, she seems quite shocked--I think like most hotel clerks they are used to dealing with picky customers who do not appreciate nor show thanks their efforts.

Now understand the inner courtyard has a beautiful glass structure-perfect for receptions etc and thus loud if a party in going on but at 11pm on the dot they shut it down...so never an issue. If your in bed before 11pm on a Fri/Sat night in London something is simply wrong.

I'm getting ready to book this week for 17 nights in June...I just wished I had written down the room number of the "good room"...I want to bribe my way back into it-haha.

Ahh when you are tired of London, you are tired of life!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Oldworldphotographer
Dear Oldworldphotographer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel!

I was pleased to know that you had a nice stay with us and that our recepcionist was able to move you to a more suitable room. We are always happy to accommodate our guests' requests when an alternative is available.

We look forward to welcoming back on your next stay. If I can assist you with anything, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel was lovely, modern, well located.
The rooms are spacious, clean, modern and well decorated. The main lobby area is beautiful and the cocktails in the bar are just wonderful!
I was very impressed with the variety in the breakfast buffet.
Had a bit of an issue with a member of staff at breakfast though. When leaving, I wrapped a plain, mini bread roll in a tissue to take with me for the day encase i dint get a chance to stop for food.
As soon as I did this, a VERY aggressive staff member rushed over and told me that I was not permitted to do so. I told him that with the amount of money I was spending in the hotel that week, I mini bread roll was not a big deal. He began shouting in the middle of the dining room the physically tried to grab the food from me! I was shocked! The manager soon came as told the staff member to step down. The manager apologised but this is still unacceptable.
Other than that unfortunate incident, my stay was great! All other staff very helpful and the gym/business centre also good.
Location is fab too!

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ash_Halpin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor!

I was glad to read your lovely comments about the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and to find out out that overall you had a great stay with us.

I was very disappointed to learn that there was an regretful incident with one of our breakfast attendants. Rightfully food should not be taken outside South West 7 as it is an eat-in restaurant, nonetheless there are more appropriate ways to inform and advise our customers. I have passed your comments on to the restaurant manager, who will address this issue with the staff members. Please accept my sincere apologies for the manner our staff acted on that occasion.

I hope that you return in the future and give us the chance to provide you the service we can be proud of.

Kind regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband I stay in London once a month for business and occasionally stay longer over the weekend for leisure too. The Millennium Gloucester and the sister hotel Baileys are perfect for us. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel well located right next to the taxi rank and Gloucester Road Tube station., there are also very useful bus links right outside. It is also possible to bring the car and bring it into the Millenium Gloucester car park. The staff are always very helpful. I recently stayed two nights on my own here and as an older lady felt completely safe and at home here, both in the room, the bar and the restaurants, until my husband flew in and joined me. This is always my first port of call for a London stay and I am happy that approaching the hotel website directly I can get very good prices for a room and that their advance bookings will match any web site reductions. First class!

Room Tip: Upper floors are better and quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Janet B,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

I was very pleased to read your comments and find out that you feel at home with us and I thank you for choosing us as your base in London.

I have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,