“Enjoyable weekend break”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #692 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Two night weekend break at this Hilton was very enjoyable. Our room was spacious, clean and the beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed eating breakfast in the restaurant and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Everyone had a smile for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular our breakfast buffet in the Society restaurant. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton London Olympia in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Room: Our room was a twin. It was small by global standards, but quite acceptable by London standards. The bathroom was downright roomy. The hotel is fitted into an older building so the layout is kind of funky, but it was clean and functional.

Location: This is not exactly conveniently located if you're a tourist as it's a ways from the tourist spots, but you're right on the 9 and 10 bus lines which connect to Oxford and Picadilly (which opens the whole city). Also, Earl's Court and High St. Kensington tube stations are each about 15 minutes walk. That walk shouldn't scare you if the weather is nice and you aren't trekking in from Heathrow with tons of baggage, but if it's cold and you're loaded down it's a long 15 minutes. Once you're traveling light and getting comfortable with mass transit the location is perfectly acceptable.

Overall: I would stay here again if traveling under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: Probably not the hotel for you if you need a stunning view. You're a fair distance from central...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank G V

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton London Olympia. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.
I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to West London.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has improved over the past year, but still has a long way to go. The bathrooms are in poor repair. On my most recent visit the furnace basted extremely hot air directly at the bed and could not be turned off!!
The staff informed me they were aware of the problem in that wing, but there was nothing they could do about it. I got absolutely ZERO sleep during my stay and was worthless at work the next day! I seriously considered sleep in the bus shelter outside. I would have surely been more comfortable!
I am surprised Hilton allows it's banner to remain on this property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank matty604

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review and opinion of our hotel.
I categorically disagree with your comment as to whether the Hilton banner should be above the hotel door as everyday we deliver a great service and product to many guests who stay within our hotel of which we are very proud of, especially since to the refurbishment of our bedrooms and public areas which you kindly refer to.
The issue you highlighted with the heating in your room was unfortunately a failure in the chiller unit which caused one corridor of bedrooms to only experience heating. I am aware of when this happened and is something which occurred unexpectedly and could not be immediately rectified. This is something that could happen in any establishment when plant equipment occasionally can fail and not be immediately repaired or restarted without a 3rd party engineer visiting the property. Naturally, we moved any guest who requested a room move due to this issue, and had some guests who did not want to move. Unfortunately, I am unaware as to which you are due to the anonymous nature of this website. I can also guarantee you that you would not have been more comfortable on a bus shelter outside.
However, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. I thank you for sharing the way you perceive our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Hilton, while a bit outside the touristy center of London, is a great place to stay. We spent 7 nights here. Olympia train and tube station is a short walk away and the bus line is at the end of the block. Earls Court is visible from the front of the building. The room rates are much better than in the center of London, but the accommodations are just as comfortable, well-kept. The reception area is clean and welcoming, as is the dining area. Breakfast is very good as is most of the menu....with the notable exception of the sliders we ordered. All in all, this hotel is a better value with easy access to all parts of London.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms toward the back or higher up because of the noise on Kensington High Street. If stair...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip.
I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for an exhibition at Olympia. Thought it was great. Staff were exceptionally friendly and a fantastic hearty breakfast. Just what you need when you are working flat out all day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for a great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and that you found our fabulous team helpful and friendly. It is our aim to ensure we deliver great service consistently. Reviews such as your help to reward the team as they are recognised for their hardwork and dedication. Thank you and happy travelling!
Richard, Director of Operations.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Lovely room - not too big but clean and very comfortable bed. Nice toiletries in the bathroom and great shower.

Stayed: April 2012
RFinn, Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for a good review after your recent stay with us!
Thank you and happy travelling!
Richard, Director of Operations.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here for one night as was attending a gig at Shepherd's Bush. This hotel was easy to get to and the parking, whilst expensive, made it very convenient.
Rooms and bar area were clean and nicely done up, with plenty of space for two sharing. As normal for a Hilton, room service, mini bar and everything else were expensive but for this kind of trip, the hotel was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the front of the hotel, as the traffic is very noisy here
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip to London, and I hope you enjoyed your gig at Shepherd's Bush.
I noted your comment in regard to some of our rates and car park prices, and wanted to let you know that our prices are in line with, and in some cases better, when compared with some of our similar competitors.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.