First to note I am a Hilton Silver Honors member and my two-night stay was paid for by a conference organiser so I don't know what the bill was. It was not a great stay. When I arrived quite late in the evening there was one receptionist struggling with a difficult visitor, and ignoring the queue that was building up. The room was OK but there was a lack of drawer space, and getting the air-conditioning to work was quite a challenge. There was no view, other than of a wall and a drainpipe and even on the top floor it was a challenge to see the sky. As with so many hotels the cost of wifi is just extortionate, so I decided to use the free wifi in the lobby. It turns out that it only works well on the west side of the lobby but most of the seats were on the east side of the lobby. You would have thought that the hotel could have invested in a repeater unit.
Breakfast was pretty good but the staff manning the hot dishes seemed never to be there when one or more of the hot dishes runs out. Perhaps a webcam? Staff seem not to be able to agree which table they are looking after and one morning I was asked by three different members of staff if I wanted tea or coffee. It took around 5 minutes to arrive. I did not eat lunch or an evening meal in the hotel.
Overall I just felt that there was no real pride in the hotel, and that both the restaurant and the front desk staff needed to have more training. I felt that in both cases they were making it up as they went along, and there was just not a genuine interest in building a relationship with me as a customer. My guess is that most of the people staying at the hotel do so for a couple of days in connection with an event at Olympia so the staff feel there is no need to try to ensure that people come back on other occasions or recommend it to others. Overall it's OK but I've stayed in much better Hiltons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton London Olympia hotel on bustling Kensington High Street, 2 minute' walk from Olympia Exhibition Centre, 10-15 minutes from Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and Westfield London Shopping Centre. Try our quintessentially British menu in our fabulous interior designed Society Restaurant inspired by the Victorian era or relex and enjoy our delicious cocktails and nibbles in Society Bar. Do business in one of our 10 newly refurbished meeting rooms, unwind in the fitness centre, or enjoy our COSTA coffee shop. Heathrow airport is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton London Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Olympia Hotel London
- Hilton Olympia London
- London Hilton Olympia Hotel