US$177
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$301
US$167
US$223
galahotels.com
2,172 results
All reviewspine baroxford streetthe club loungeamerican embassyoverlooking grosvenor squarepiano barafternoon teastandard roomhyde parkexcellent locationgreen parkan upgradewest endavistaconciergeselfridgesdoorman
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had a lovely stay here. Perfect location for shopping !! Rooms clean & omfortable. Reception & concierge very helpful.
Nice evening bar. Cocktails pricy but you don't need many.
Wouldn't recommend paying £16 for breakfast though !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison W
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here in September 2006 and I am only adding my review now as I am new to tripadvisor and wanted to express how bad our stay really was.

We decided to stay in London for my 30th birthday and after getting lost in London, we arrived later than expected.

When we went to check in, my boyfriend's card was declined as the bank transfer he did that day wasn't showing and the bank confirmed it would be there first thing in the morning. We explained this to the manager, who showed no compassion and said without paying for the room in full we couldn't have the room. We explained that we only had a cheque book, with guarantee card, but that wasn't acceptable. As it was late we had no other choice and ended up going to cash in some cheques to get some money to pay for the room. Upon our return we were advised that we had to pay £50 extra towards any potential extras on the room too!!! As we spent so much time trying to get some cheques cashed, we arrived too late to have a meal at Brian Turner's restaurant. The restauarant would accept a cheque for the meal but the hotel wouldn't for the room when it is in the same hotel!!!

You can imagine how annoyed we were to be running around London cashing in cheques on my 30th birthday when we had planned to have a lovely stay and meal at the hotel but it ended up being a complete nightmare and I just wanted to cry!!!!

I would never stay here again, even if you paid me, as the manager treated us appalingly and wasn't bothered about the situation at all and made no attempt to make things any easier for us.

BE WARNED!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maria C
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the new year2011/12 and were very impressed by the whole experience. Staff were so very friendly and helpful and having read other issues on Tripadvisor, I have to say we encountered non of them. We returned to London on 21 April for 2 nights for our silver wedding and our natural choice was a return here. Again, friendly helpful staff and a free upgrade to a top floor suite facing Grosvenor Square (thank you so much!) A bottle of champagne I took along was duly presented for our 'champagne breakfast' and every single member of staff in the room came across to congratulate us. After the meal, one of the waitresses came in with a huge wedge of scrumptious chocolate cake, and the words ' Happy Anniversary' had been piped around the plate. We just feel so at home here, glad we found you last new year, and we'll definately be back. Thank you everyone for looking after us so well.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor facing the square, windows are double glazed so no noise problem
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sargenottingham_11
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in March 2010.

This was my first trip to London and work booked me into this hotel for 2 weeks.

The hotel is in a fantastic location. It faces Grovesnor Square in Mayfair and a short walk brings you to Oxford Street for shopping and Hyde Park. Bond Street station is less than 10min walk while Green Park station is about 15min walk. You can even walk to Buckingham Palace if you fancy a slightly longer walk. There are some restaurants and pubs around the area but are slightly more pricey, presumably because of the location.

Check-in was done swiftly upon my arrival in the late afternoon. The hotel lobby has plenty of chairs and sofa which is great while waiting to meet your colleagues or friends.

The room is very spacious by UK's standards. Decor is alittle outdated as like most chain hotels. Bathroom was very spacious as well and has a bathtub. Had a small hiccup one evening whereby there wasn't any hot water for bathing due to a burst pipe which also resulted in a mini flood in the gym.

Housekeeping was not very prompt in my request for body lotion which they did not replace when my room was cleaned.

The gym was rather small but it wasn't a major problem as not many guests seem to use the gym.

Breakfast buffet at the hotel was just a small selection with not even the slightest variation at all during the 2 weeks stay.

I had drinks at the piano bar in the lobby which is quite nice. The bar manager (I think he is) was friendly.

I had dinner one evening at the Japanese restaurant at the hotel. It was crowded, which is probably a good sign, and food was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NomadicLass
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I went to this hotel with work and was far from impressed with the facilities, the services and the amenities. We were sharing rooms ad were supposed to be having twin rooms, but these were tiny. There no space at all between the 2 beds.
The carpet in the room was stained and burnt in place. The bathroom door was a sliding door that didn't close properly and didn't have a lock (great when you're sharing)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business