“Beautiful property and fantastic location”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #449 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My frist trip to London and i chose to stay at the iconic hotel Mayfair. Beautiful hotel property though check-in took longer than usual. The concierge was helpful, tried really hard in tracking my lost phone and camera.

Breakfast options were good and the cook happily obliged fried eggs with vegetables, an Indian Masala Omlette. There were a huge variety of fruits and cereals. The rooms were big, bathroom even bigger. The service is prompt, food excellent. They even had the option of Indian chicken curry and rice on the menu!!!!

It is strategically located with just a short walk from Green Park and Buckingham Palace!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed June 2011 in a twin room with my friend.

Great location and close to all amenities...we were there for a concert.

Reception did their usual pitch of trying to upgrade us for a fee...this entailed a view of Grosvenor Park, larger room with seating area. We declined and when shown to our room discovered we had all these....for free!

We ordered room service after a late night and it was actually really good!

Would stay again....only downfall is no parking. I prefer to drive to London.

Room Tip: Don't pay for their upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank HeidiD23
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I got this hotel in a deal through a booking website, and we otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford it, but I'm so glad we did. We were attending an awards evening in the Grosvenor House Marriot on the same square and were delighted to find the Millenium was much fancier! We asked for a wheelchair accessable room which they did not have- a warning to everyone in chairs- but they did instead upgrade our room to a superior one so we'd have room for the chair in both the bedroom and bathroom, which was totally unexpected. The room was beautiful, the night was quiet and peaceful, and the restaurants smelled enticing although we couldn't afford them. The staff in particular were wonderfully helpful and friendly, and didn't even giggle at us when we forgot our room number and had to go ask again at the reception desk... they ran around to open doors for the wheelchair, helped with the little lift every time we had to transfer floors, and bent over backwards to help. It's a pricey treat but if you carry hundreds as small change or have saved up for something really special (or if you find a great deal elsewhere) then this is a wonderfully located, luxurious break I'd personally be overjoyed to return to.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fayera
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is an old hotel. It is way too expensive and not worth the money even for its location. The rooms are old and worn down. The club level lounge is old and small with cheap breakfast. I will never stay here again.....

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Ali A
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We always stay at this hotel when we go to London.This is mainly because of its prime location and also because of our experiences.
We were upgraded to a suite which was which gave us alot more space with two bathrooms two televisions and a lounge. It also enabled us to talk to our family who we reunited with in London as they live an hour's drive outside the city.
We made this trip as a birthday treat to see the shows which were part of our Agent package and were fortunate to see Michael Crawford in the Wizard of Oz and of course we saw The Lion King.
The hotel is very close to the shopping areas of Oxford and Bond Street and we did walk to Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Regent's Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square from there but rode back! My brother was our guide though!
The hotel is well maintained, has a good menu and food and service. But the staff are from different cultures and there is a language problem. It can make it difficult sometimes because they have a problem communicating with each other as well as the patrons. I did end up with more soft boiled eggs at breakfast than I had intended and I did wait a long time for them to be cooked. My advice is to stick to what you can see which is varied and well presented.I think that multi cultures are typical of most hotels in the city and it just requires a bit of patience and good humour on the part of the customer!

Room Tip: The suite was great if you can afford it without the free upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank joanrainbow
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Checked into Hotel which was booked online by my new wife. Her maiden name was still her old one on her credit card and passport. Was not allowed to check in until she arrived due to 'security reasons'. By making a phone call to my wife and handing phone to receptionist, I was eventually allowed access to the room, I could have phoned any female as they did not confirm her details. I then requested my credit card even though the room was paid for which made me laugh I must admit. Anyway, 30 minutes later had to rush to late appointment. Positive, upon return, spoke to duty manager as any feedback is useful to any business. Not only did the receptionist communicate something negative without speaking to a senior, another member of staff decided to get involved only to repeat what the original receptinist said, why??? I also overheard another receptionist speaking down to a perspective customer. This clearly indicated there is an inherant problem with communication to the front of staff.
I got room upgrade and must admit the room was far better. Pillows amazing, beds super comfortable and bathroom and toileteries above avaerage.
Negative, Provided feedback on their form and no contact in over one month. If this was my business... In a year where London could gain a lot, just being in Mayfair does not and will not guarantee custom. Very dissappointed which is why I have posted.

This is the first time I have posted, I feel that strongly.

Room Tip: do not go for basic rooms very small.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RogerSmall
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel has a perfect location and the most important: they have very comfortable madrasses. I have stayed in a lots of hotel and this is the best. Ask for a room with a view to the square. I had it the first time a stayed at this hotel and did not the second time. That was disapointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the square, a little bit more noise but it is worth it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family