US$200
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$210
US$148
  • Breakfast included
US$138
US$127
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$369
US$307
Hilton
2,172 results
All reviewspine baroxford streetthe club loungeamerican embassyoverlooking grosvenor squarepiano barafternoon teastandard roomhyde parkexcellent locationgreen parkan upgradewest endavistaconciergeselfridgesdoorman
Reviewed August 21, 2006

We had decided to "upgrade" our hotel booking in conjunction with a european tour we had arranged with our local travel agent. We had decided to extend our stay in London and added an additional 5 days at the Millennium to the end of our tour.Check in staff was both polite and helpful. The rooms that we were given were another story. They were dark, dingy and small. During our second stay at the hotel (our final five days) we were given one room that smelled of exhaust and a second room that had the view of a mass of large metal pipes on the first floor. I asked for the rooms to be changed and were givenrooms 456 and 464 on the fourth floor of the same wing. These were similiar to the rooms we had during the first part of our stay equally dark and dingy. The bath tub could only be filled using the shower head as there was no way to use the tub spout. The sink stopper was broken so you could not fill the sink with water. The blow dryer was upgraded to a modern model in only one of the four rooms we had occupied, the other rooms had a tube like apparatus that was too hot ot hold on to in less than one minute of attempting to dry ones hair. The room itsef was quite spartan with one desk and one chair. No magazines during our second room stay. We had a Where magazine in our first room. Toiletries consisted of shampoo, rinse, cake of soap and some cotton balls. A make up mirror was included in the bathroom but the electrical componets had been removed, therefore no extra light in an already dim room.
I asked to have extra pillows,an iron and ironing board delivered to our room. The board was exactly that a painted piece of particle board. The iron shut off every time you ran it once over a piece of clothing and had to be turned up with each stroke until the dial was at maximum heat where it would completly shut off.
We tried to order a movie one evening but the T.V. would not give us access to the avaiable listings. I had someone come into have a look he was able go and find a list of some of the available movies. He was able to access the one option that we were albe to find. He asked us where the written list of movies was that was supposed to be located in the room apparently we did not have one of those either. He was kind enough to go and locate one for us somewhere in the hotel however it was only a partial list. Our kids said that other options were available in their room during our first stay(our first room did not have the option of Blockbuster etc.). In short we did not get to see a movie. The gentleman who was trying to help us was very curteous but smelled so strongly of curry? that we had to try and sprinkle some powder round the room following his departure in an attempt to clear the air. (And I like curry!)

During our 3 week holiday we visited a number of different hotels and were pleased with our accomodations, unfortunately our 10 days at the Millennium were our biggest dissappointment.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dew-000
Reviewed June 4, 2006

I stayed at this hotel at the bank holiday weekend and loved it!

I read bad reviews on here after I had booked it so I emailed the manager. He reassured me that the hotel had undergone new management and all had worked hard to improve the hotel and promised allocation of a refurbished room. He continued to assist me with questions I later emailed to him and was a big help.

Upon arrival at the hotel there was a few minutes wait for our room so we were offered a complimentary drink in the bar. When we got to our room there was a bottle of champagne for us as it was my husband’s birthday. Both of these gestures were really appreciated.

We were very impressed with our room. It was decorated lovely, very clean and surprisingly big. We had two single beds put together to make a large king. There was also a sitting area, mini bar, tea coffee facilities and a view out to Grosvenor Square.

I thought the whole hotel was decorated to a high standard and I found most of the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

For its excellent location and yet very reasonable price this hotel cannot be faulted. Maybe just make sure you ask for a room overlooking the square!

8  Thank sunworshippermum
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Just returned from a wonderful, 8-night visit to London. My husband and I were traveling with his parents and this trip was his mother’s first to Europe, so a special occasion indeed. Not being as savvy of travelers as ourselves, we decided to handle hotel reservations -- we are familiar with just how expensive hotels can be in London and wanted to make sure we had comfortable and convenient accommodations. We’ve used Priceline during past visits to London and knew we could get a great place for a fraction of the cost. We had to split our stay because Priceline didn’t seem to have inventory for 8 straight nights for 2 rooms. For the first three nights, we stayed at the Millennium London Mayfair. We were a little disappointed at first, having stayed in the Thistle Charing Cross during our last visit to London, we were very spoiled with the location – not to mention, the reviews of the Millennium are quite mixed.

Upon arrival (at 11am) we were told that one room was ready and the other would not be available until 2pm. We decided to let the parents take the available room since we knew they wanted to change and get rested. The room was average size (although my mother in law called it small – not used to Eurpoean hotels!) with 2 single beds and located on the 6th floor in a very quite area of the hotel. The bathroom was spacious, with large, thick towels, a towel warmer and an array of nice amenities including a shoehorn, sewing kit, q-tips and cotton balls. There were two robes in the closet as well as slippers, a trouser press, iron and loads of room. My husband was impressed by the wide screen HDTV, (not to be confused with a plasma), and there were plenty of channels to choose from. There was also a mini bar, a selection of complimentary teas and a hairdryer (located next to the mirror over the desk with a rather short cord). Overall, the room was comfortable and tastefully decorated… a little worn around the edges, but nothing worth noting.

At 2pm, my husband and I were able to check in and were given a King room on the first floor. We were shocked when we opened the door to see the size of the room! It was enormous, even by American standards! There was a sofa, 2 chairs, coffee table, and small cushioned bench. The bathroom was also HUGE, complete with a shower and a tub, plenty of counter space (granite btw), a towel warmer, and the same amenities listed in the aforementioned paragraph. What was interesting is that this room did not include robes or slippers and did not have a mini bar. There was a note mentioning that the two bottled waters next to the complimentary teas were free since the room did not have a mini bar. The view from the window was directed at an interior air conditioning unit – no biggie. We felt guilty having such luxurious and spacious accommodations and decided we would switch with the parents. They graciously accepted the offer!

Overall, I give this hotel an 8.75 out of 10. The lobby is large and inviting with plenty of seating. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The bed and room was comfortable and the shower had the best water pressure I have ever experienced in Europe! The location is in a quiet area just a short walk from Oxford, Bond and Regent Streets, but far enough away that you feel a little secluded from the hustle and bustle. We found a great little café for breakfast -- Truc Vert… just a short walk from the hotel – between Grosvenor Square and Oxford Street. We also had a few late night drinks in hotel bars -- the Brian Turner, a hip little place with great service, as well as in the Pine Room, where we had a (late night) sandwich and a few beers. Friendly staff, decent prices.

I apologize for the length of this review, but wanted to be as thorough as possible. Having paid $160 on Priceline, I consider this hotel a tremendous value. We were actually a little disappointed that we had to switch for the remaining 5 nights of our stay! For “PART II” of my London hotel review, please see my post under the Thistle Charing Cross for information on how these two properties compare.

10  Thank bethy2120
Reviewed May 29, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights recently. My wife checked in first and I was going to meet her an hour or so later. To my dismay I got a call from from from her after she had checked in to tell me how awful, miserable and depressing the bedroom was. I was quite surprised because the hotel had generally got some good reviews on tripadvisor.com although my expectations are never particularly high for London hotels unless you stay in a 5* place and pay a lot of money. Anyway, I arrived at the room myself and my wife wasn't far wrong. The room was on the first floor and the window opened up to a brick wall with an air conditioning duct running the length of it. The room also had a very stale smell in the air, the carpet was threadbare and the bathroom was very dated. Basically it was desperately in need of some modernisartion. Anyway, no problem I thought so I went to reception to see if I could find a better room. The lady at reception could not have been more friendly and accomodating and promptly moved me in to a room on the 3rd floor (#317) which she told me was fully refurbished. What a difference. The room overlooked Grosvenor Square so you could see trees, grass and sky ! Everything was new (including the bathroom) and a total contrast to the first room we were given. So if you stay here request a refurbished room and don't be fobbed off with a tatty first floor unrefurbished room. Once the room was sorted everything else during out stay was perfect. The staff were polite; we had a fairly good dinner in Brian Turners Restaurant (food is OK but quite pricey for what it is) and slept brilliantly. The hotel is in an excellent and quiet location. So all in all I would fully recommend this hotel and it only falls short of 5/5 because all the rooms have not been refurbished.

8  Thank edwardsoul
Reviewed May 28, 2006

We just got back from a 2 night stay there over the Bank Holiday and are pleased to be another satisfied customer to contradict the other appalling / harsh reviews. The room was fine: linen was all clean, deco was up-to-date, all facilities worked fine, power shower was fabulous, service was obliging. In short, everything you would expect from a 3-4* hotel.

We got our room for a good rate off Priceline... it seems like the Millennium chain also do many deals with airlines and travel agents which would make them worthwhile. I did however find the bar prices a bit over the top... they were 4* prices but I find the standard rooms more like 3.5*.

In its defence though, the location in Mayfair is wonderful. You couldn't really ask for a better location (quiet square as opposed to being on Oxford Street). Also, despite our room being bargain rate, the staff were happy to oblige us by giving us a double room (as opposed to the twin we were given).

3  Thank flyingirl80