“Pretty good”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #368 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Hotel is in a very convenient location. After initial problems with wireless, everything was great. The gym was adequate, the lounge was very good. Best of all was the service and friendly greetings from all the staff. You make Marriott proud

• Stayed: April 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Marriott London Grosvenor Square Hotel April 2-6, 2012. The location is great! My kids (7 and 9) walked down to Buckingham Palace, as well as to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby as well. Just a couple of blocks from the Bond Street tube station, it was easy to get around to other parts of London as well. The rooms were spacious. The staff were great, finding an available room for us, even though it was well before check-in time, and we made full use of the concierge for advice on getting to places, and particular sites to see. It was a great trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at the Marriot Grosvenor Square Hotel for a business trip. Upon arriving I was told that I did not have a reservation at their hotel. When I gave them my passport and my name again and asked them to please check again. I was then told - OH I have a reservation under a MRS. To which I said YES, I AM MRS (insert my full name). To which the very rude receptionist named TINA said no this is a typo you are not married and proceeded to change all of my information in the system. When I said No I am married and my name is MRS. (INSERT FULL NAME). She refused to change it back. I said whatever and accepted my room key. Just to find that she had put me in a non-corporate room that I had booked right next to the elevator. I had to later switch rooms because it was so loud and not the type of room that my company books through this hotel. I then asked another person at reception to change my name BACK to Mrs... and it wasn't changed.

None of the rooms have the same amenities. And if you look young you get treated with zero respect apparently. EVEN IF YOU ARE THERE ON BUSINESS. Also, it is a very expensive hotel and if you want internet there you have to pay an extra 50 pounds a day to have internet. TOTAL rip off for average rooms and ignorant service.

Room Tip: If you do not like your room demand to get a new one until you do get a good room. None of them have...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank irish2482
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed last week and it is very nice. It's in a good location and the food is excellent. But rooms are a little small.

Room Tip: Go for third floor not lower
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

we visited this hotel for a second time with 2 kids (ages 9 and 11). the set up with a queen bed and a pull out sofa worked well for us. we had enough room. location is excellent. very close to hyde park (we did the paddle boats in the park, as well as visited the diana memorial). it is also close to the bond street tube station. very nice to be on grosvenor square. we did the club lounge, which again worked well. we felt very welcome in the lounge, and they had good drinks. it would be better if they had more food, as some hotel lounges do. we also ate at maize grill. the food was excellent - i think we all had steaks. the waitress was not the most pleasant, but we enjoyed it regardless. i would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have stayed in many hotels in London and this has fast become our favorite. The decor is modern and sleek with an old world exterior on the building. This hotel is often confused with the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House. They are close to each other but this one is a bit better on the location. It is close to Hyde Park but at the same time near Oxford street, Selfridges and the Bond Street tube stop. This makes it very convenient to get almost anywhere in London by tube.

The hotel concierge level is fantastic. They serve breakfast and a range of snacks and drinks which make it a very useful stop-in to refresh after a noisy and hectic day in London. There is also the Gordon Ramsy restaurant called Maze in the hotel.

The rooms we stayed in were modern and nice. One of the rooms was the King executive room which was very modern, sleek and nice. Another time we stayed in a two room suite and the decor could have used a bit of updating but it was a very spacious and nice room by London standards. With a t.v. lounge room, pull out couch and dining table as well as a king bedroom. The bathroom was lavish with marble. We will be staying here agin this summer and we are looking forward to yet another great stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room. They may have all been renovated by now but if not ask for one.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelleraroundthewo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We only stayed one night here, but the combination of great service from all of the staff and the really nice executive lounge puts this up fairly high on the list of Marriott properties for me. The rooms were large for London standards, and the food options between Maze and Maze Grill are exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family