“Worst 3 star I have ever stayed in (I am so glad I had it booked for one day )”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #864 of 1,069 Hotels in London
uk
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed there for one day. Had to say the worst three star I have ever stayed in .
1. cold welcoming.( it seemed like , look another number .lets book in and get our money )
2. Noisy room . walls seems to be too thin because I could hear the people in the room next tous, speaking in the middle of the night & watching tv. Tried to change the room. No help.
3. The staff were shouting in the lobby in the morning . Told the red head three times to calm down but apparently she is doing her work with a walkie talkie.
4. Breakfast was a joke. Had to upgrade and pay ten pounds for a decent one.
5. I don't recommend this hotel at all.
6. The only good thing was central location.

Room Tip: please not this one :http://www.centralparklondon.co.uk/
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bluemoony2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denmark
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The location is excellent! That I cannot argue with. Very near the Queensway Tube Station for the Central and Circle Lines. The bus stop is just in the corner which I advise everyone who is going to Oxford Circus to just take the 390 bus as it is easier than the tube. Otherwise, the hotel needs a polishing in customer service. I have two seperate bookings as I was only planning to stay one night, but decided to add another night. The most irritating part of all this is that I have to check in for the first night, and check out, then check in again for the 2nd night. They do not have Customer Service at all! As in! Since they told me that the first night was a single room and the 2nd night I booked a twin room because my aunt will be joining me on the 2nd night, they cannot give me a complimentary upgrade to a twin room on the first night so that I do not have to pack all my stuff again and check out and check in for the 2nd night! RIDICULOUS!!!!! No one can make a decision, no consideration, no NOTHING!

Then, when I checked in for the 2nd night, they need a copy of my passport again. What utter bullocks! They are using OPERA for their front office, so my profile could have been there already , saved and yet I still have to give a copy of my passport, fill in the forms for my address, telephone number, nationality. It is sooooo damn consuming that it was so irritating and the poor girl in the reception has to take my grunt! Well, the managers are nowhere in sight! Too much paperwork that they forget the most important thing.... the guest!

There is no left luggage! The person manning the concierge is so rude! What kind of a 3 star is that???

The rooms are ok. Do not expect a nice view. The people cleaning the rooms are actually the nicest ion the whole lot! The best part was the water pressure, its awesome. Otherwise, nothing special aside from the location.

Room Tip: Ask for twin rooms in 03 like 403, 503 etc. The rooms have a separate sitting room and much larger...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TEYWEY
Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Once again we enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpfull and let us check in even though we arrived early. Our room was not as big as the one we had in december, but it was clean, tidy, and adequate considering the discounted price we paid, and the fact that we were within central London. We hope to return to Central Park later this year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed 28 March 2012

3 stars is a bit gracious for this hotel. My wife and I had the attitude that you go to Europe not to hang out in a hotel room but to see the beautiful sights. But after staying in 3 start hotels in Paris and Rome after our stay here, we were very disappointed. The beds were very old and uncomfortable and the alley behind the hotel was very very loud and at all hours through the night. So we did not sleep well which is what we needed after a long flight from Los Angeles. None of the staff seemed to speak English which was odd because we assumed this would be the easiest city with which to communicate! The safe needed to be fixed as soon as we got to our room and the continental breakfast was forgettable. If you do not want to spend money on a five star but don't want to sleep in a hostel either, find another 3 star hotel in London!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael S
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading the reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. Happy to report that this place was great. The rooms were very clean, small, but clean. We had a twin room for about $100 a night. The room was equipped with a kettle and fridge which we didn't notice at first because the exterior matched the cupboards in the room. Location was fabulous. You can walk to Bayswater station and reach many attractions on the circle line from this station. Alternately, there is another tube station even closer, which proved helpful when the circle line was closed for repairs one day. There are small shops with food near the tube stations and lots of tiny tourist shops with postcards, souvenirs etc. There are restaurants and an English pub nearby. The location of the hotel is on a quiet street with lovely homes and it is quiet and feels safe. We enjoyed our stay here.
If you want internet, it is expensive here, hence many complaints about this.
If you need help from staff, they were usually helpful, and always polite, however it seemed to me that management could improve customer service by always having someone who is trained at the desk, and by ensuring the staff speak English well. The person who was in charge of giving information about the city was difficult to understand, but courteous.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family