1,229 results
All reviewsbritish museumsouthampton rowcovent gardenrussell squareholborn tube stationtheatre breaktwin roomwest endwithin walking distancetheatre landfree wifiroad noisemain roadironing boardcentral locationpiccadilly linestayed for one night
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Great location. Most locations are walkable.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite. Lovely room. Only issue with the room is that the sound travels through the windows when they are closed. Should have known that when there were ear plugs on the bed side table.

Breakfast was alright. Lots of choice. Coffee was weak and sausages tasted odd but other than that it was a good breakfast.

Bar menu could have been a bit more extensive. They couldn't make any cocktails.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear figgy1978,

Fist of all thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us, I am glad to know your stay with us was a satisfactory one and that you found our team professional and accommodating.

I have passed your breakfast comments to the kitchen team who will look into these straight away. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Also you we will be happy to hear that the hotel is due to undergo a full refurbishment over the coming months and all our rooms and facilities will be upgraded and a closer match to the your expectations.

We do hope we can welcome you back on a future occasion once that has happened so you can see the improvements.

Thanks again for your honest feedback!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night last week with my mom. The location was great, close to shops and metrostation. Also a nice neighbourhood. Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom were basic and clean. Breakfast was too expensive so i went out for breakfast. Only downside i would say is the heavy smell of scented candles in the lobby... gave me a headache.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear byStephanie,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us, I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with your mother at the hotel.

I have asked the Housekeeping department to look into your comments and the will do any necessary adjustments to our scent equipment in the hotel.

I am happy to know that you found the hotel well located and the team friendly and accommodating during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Best regards

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We booked three rooms for the weekend for my birthday with the family. The rooms were good value for the prices paid considering this was central London. The staff however were key to making our stay such a pleasant experience. Giovanna was exceptional organising a complimentary Prosecco at breakfast with balloons and chocs in the room! It's little things that go along way to making a good time special. The Bloomsbury have learned that in abundance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear John G,

First of all thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for the great feedback on your recent stay with us!

It only pleases us to know that you found our team, specially Giovanna, most welcoming and accommodating during your stay with us. I have passed your kind comments to them.

We are glad you enjoyed our little treats to make your birthday a bit more special and we hope you enjoyed the whole celebration whilst in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in a future visit.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

Best regards

Reviewed September 5, 2017

My wife and I , as seniors, regularly stay at this very central hotel, and as before were very pleased with our cordial welcome and for the fact that our room was ready early, and we were permitted to use it. The hotel is spotless, but it is an old building, and this does show occasionally from room to room. We regularly stay in the same room, which is a little tired, but is accessible from the lift and as it is in the back of the hotel, it is very quiet.
Breakfast food quality is fine, and all the staff are very pleasant and helpful. We shall certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning Mr Peter,

Fist of all thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us, I am glad to know your stay with us was a satisfactory one.

Also, you will be happy to hear that the hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment in the coming moths and the room features will be also part of it. We do hope we can welcome you back on a future occasion once this happens.

It only please us to know that you found our team most helpful and accommodating during your stay with us!

Thanks again for the great feedback!

Kind regards

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Slightly dissappointed with the room . It was a double room on the 3rd floor. Some hotel rooms had lift access but ours didn't. The room was very small, and plain, unlike photographs. Also there were only 2 plug sockets which we needed 1 to keep the fan (as it was so hot)going and the other to charge a phone , meaning we couldn't watch the TV. The bathroom has seen better days and was a shower only , although powerful and plenty of hot water. The wardrobe contained an extra pillow , hairdryer , safe , iron and ironing board. The bar area was nice and also breakfast . For one night the room would have been fine, but I wouldn't say this was a four star hotel based on the room . Other rooms , the ones in photos, probably were. Nearest tube station in my opinion is holburn, not Russell Square. There are lots of coffee shops and places to eat on the road of the hotel. Hotel staff seemed very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
RMolledo, Front Office Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear elainemariasharpe,

First of all thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us, I am glad that you found our team friendly as well as the hotel conveniently located to explore the attractions and areas nearby.

I am sorry that you the room did not meet all your expectations and I hope you are happy to hear we are due to upgrade their features as part of an upgrade project in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to enjoy the upgraded product and facilities.

With best regards