“Far too expensive for poor quality”

Thistle Bloomsbury Park
Ranked #460 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Room was too small and there was a ventilating shaft outside of the window could not let us to sleep whole night!!! It was a horrible voice during all night. We tried to change our room but there was no available rooms for that date. bathroom was too small and all towels were smelling something we could not understand, the view of the room was dark and like garbage outside like a hall.. beds were comfortable but as i said before you ll never sleep because of the voice of ventilating shaft. My room was 115, do not prefer this area for your room. It was a expensive accommodation but definitely did not worth...

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Serkanbayraktar,

Hope my response finds you well.

First of all thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us at the Thistle Bloomsbury Park, it only pleases us to receive honest comments from our guests on our product and service.

I am sorry to read that the room location and some of its features, especially the decor and soundproofing, did not quite live up to your expectations.
We do appreciate and take all our guest comments into consideration and use them to improve our product and offer in a proactive way.

It only pleases us to read that you found our beds comfortable and we are investigating the ventilating shaft issue you mention in your feedback to understand what might have disturbed your sleep on the night.

We do hope we can welcome you back on a future occasion and see some of the improvements to our rooms offer based on your feedback.

Thanks again for your honest feedback.

Warm regards

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped here for a business trip booked by my company. Upon arrival, shocked that there was no lift to the room/floor I was stopping on. The lobby has an overwhelming smell of air freshener which chokes you. I proceeded up the well worn stair case to my room, the freshly laundered linen was left on what you could only be described as a window ledge on a stair case. My room comfortable I couldn't say was very clean, the walls were strained,and had finger prints,a few cobwebs and the bathroom left alot to be desired for. On arriving back at the hotel I ordered a beer and wine from the bar, I asked for chips for which I was then charged nearly £3 for the service charge. I understand it's the Capital but I did get my own drinks which didn't really amount to alot. Breakfast was a free for all. The young girl left in charge hadn't got a clue, I helped my self to coffee and breakfast or I think I would still be waiting now. I asked for gluten free bread as l wanted toast at this point she gave me normal bread, I could have been seriously ill if I had not watched her actions. I also watched guests arrive to breakfast after me also left to their own devices. I don't usual moan but these are a few things that need to be addressed for the price paid of the overnight stay the service was appalling. I also used express checkout as nobody was available.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 489tigger
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Got booked for company trip for 3 nights due to its proximity to the office. Things done well by the hotel:
1- friendly staff at reception & breakfast room
2- good breakfast
3- convenient location

Things I don’t like:
1- no elevator. Carrying luggages up the flight of stairs is a no no for hotel in this bracket. Receptionist offered to carry my bags up to room to which I gladly accepted.
2- no security. My friend’s backpack got stolen by a random guy walking into the hotel lobby!
3- hotel decor is cheap & outdated
4- no plugs near bedside

Expect a budget hotel stay with old but clean facilities if staying here. I do not think hotel offers good value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mulberry79
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Mulberry79,

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay with us, it only pleases us to received good comments on our hotel team and service.
We are also glad you enjoyed our breakfast selection. I have passed your comments to the team who will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future occasion.

We are truly sorry t0 hear about your colleague's loss, as security is something that we take very seriously at the hotel.
Unfortunately we cannot take responsibility for unattended items in our public areas, as these are also accessible to the public.

Many thanks again for your honest feedback!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We’ve stayed here before and I’m pleased to say both the hotel and the staff have maintained their high standards and friendliness! Having booked directly we were offered complimentary breakfast buffet, which was super.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mick C
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Mick C,

Hope this email finds you well.

First of all thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us, it only pleases us to receive honest comments on our hotel team and service.

I have passed your comments to the team and we will all be looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel on a future occasion.

I am glad you enjoyed your guest recognition treatment and we look forward to welcoming you back on yet another future occasion.

Many thanks again for your time and feedback!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with a friend and asked reception if they have any complimentary dental kit as I forgot to have one. Reception said yes sir I’ll have one sent out to your room. Waited for about 10mins and the bedside phone rang and it was reception and said sorry sir we don’t have any dental kit! basic amenity that a hotel cannot provide! A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rainmancej
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Rainmancej,

Thanks for your time and feedback on your recent stay with us, it only pleases us to receive honest comments from our guests on our team and service.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issue with the dental kit, as we do stock these and provide them to our guests free of charge on request.

I will follow up on your comments with the Housekeeping management to ensure the stocking levels are always adequate and in line with our occupancy level.

We trust you enjoy the rest of your stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Many thanks again for your honest feedback!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Please ignore whosoever writing bad abt this hotel. We stayed for 9 nights ,first time visit to london. Front desk ppl were more thn welcoming esp david and cute blonde girl. Although rooms were smaller we asked for another room they gave us room 218 at back of hotel . The room was big and suited us. They give water bottles free. We were r thr for exam and it was so peaceful to study thr. Room housekeeping girl was so good!!! . I didnt catch her name. Common ppl in d heart of london one cannot find a good hotel at this price. Not a single day i missed home. Thank u management and staff for a memorable stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Deeaash,

Hope this email finds you well.

First of all thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us, it only pleases us to receive such great comments on our hotel team and service.

I have passed your comments to the team, with special mention to David and Anni (the blonde girl) and we will all be looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel on a future occasion.

Many thanks again for your time and feedback and appreciating the little gestures and good service which are paramount to us!

We all hope your exams went really well!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Check in was fine, sadly it was down hill from then on. Allocated a room on the 4th floor, very tired in decoration and small even by London standards, the bathroom was in poor condition and so small it was ridiculous. Tried to get a large glass of red wine in the bar but they didn't have a corkscrew to open a new bottle so poured what remained in the old bottle into a glass and passed it over, sadly it was off so it very quickly got returned. Check out was a joke, spent 10 minutes waiting before we went into the breakfast room to find someone. They advertise a 50% at the nearby Bloomsbury SQ car park, there is no discount available. Stay at the Kingsley thistle it's so much better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RMolledo, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear costahotshot,

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay with us, it only pleases us to receive honest comments from our guests on our hotel and service.

I am sorry to read that the room features, specially the bathroom, did not meet your expectations.
I trust you will be happy to hear that the hotel is due a refurbishment in the coming months and our all our rooms features: air-con, double glazing as well as the in-room facilities will be upgraded.
We do hope we can welcome you back on a future occasion once that happens.
ens.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced at the bar and check-out I have passed this to the relevant management who will look into the possible causes.

The parking discount is processed in advance through the car park website, if you come back to the hotel on a future occasion; please contact us and we will only be happy to assist you with the procedure to follow.

Thanks again for your honest feedback.

Ruben