“DEFINITELY MY CHOICE AGAIN!”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #64 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Nicosia, Cyprus
“DEFINITELY MY CHOICE AGAIN!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed for 5 nights and I'm glad I chose that hotel! The location is perfect! You can walk to all the major streets in London for shopping, food and drinks. You have access to all transportation (metro, bus, taxi etc). The Marylebone High street is a wonderful street to walk providing everything you may need. The hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable rooms and with free access to wi-fi which was very useful to me (and everyone I beleive). The staff was very polite and helpful and the concierge responded perfectly to everything we wanted. Breakfast was pretty good and the smile of the staff there was the best way to start your day. I also enjoyed the bar - it is located in a different level of the hotel and because it has a street view away from the rest of the hotel, it gives you the impression that you are in a bar apart from the hotel (practically it makes want to stay in the hotel longer).
If I had to say something negative about my experience at the Marylebone that would be : 1) a smell of fryed food (on my floor at least - 4th) which was coming from the kitchen of the hotel and was there all day long and 2) I would deeply appreciate a little better cleaning of the toilet in my room (of course it was acceptable and I was ok in general).
In conclusion, I will definitely suggest this hotel to anyone and the next time that I will visit London I will stay there again!
Thank you Marylebone for making my vacations even better!
Food tip : if you want to eat fish&chips, one of the best places is just across the bar of the hotel (sorry, i can't remember the name).

Room Tip: I stayed at room 452 wich was at the back of the hotel, next to the stairs and the fire escape door...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LamprosX
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that you felt that our team responded perfectly to your requests. It is incredibly important to us that our team engages every one of our guests with genuine hospitality and play their part in our guests’ experiences. Thank you for letting me know about the odor of cooking food and the cleaning of your bathroom. Our aim is to makes sure your stay is perfect in every way so I can assure you I will look into these two areas, which I am confidant we can resolve quickly.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, it will be wonderful to personally welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel and I hope to meet you when you return.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Was booked here by client. so had no expectations. About 10 mins from Paddington Heathrow Express by taxi. Check in was efficient and friendly. All public areas seemed to be soaked in aromatherapy, so watch out for your senses.

Room was good (not large but well planned). Bathrooms were very modern but a trite small (what we call a 1/2 tub). Staff were all foreigners but very helpful. Nice little touch was a GBP 5 upgrade from standard to full English breakfast.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms seem to be located miles from the lift bank
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that we managed to surprise you positively whilst in our hospitality! We firmly believe that friendly, helpful and professional employees who genuinely care about our customers form the foundation of our service offering and it is always great to read when it positively impacts our guests’ experiences. The contemporary feel of the hotel does indeed flow through from the public areas into our bedrooms and bathrooms and our design team looked carefully at optimizing space, functionality and aesthetics during the recent renovations.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

A pearl in the heart of Marylebone, London, excellent location and proximity to Oxford and Regent streets. Even the standard rooms are cozy and very decent size, comfortable beds, good size bathrooms and fantastic room service. The hotel now has a luxurious, modern spa in the basement, including a good swimming size pool, hammam and sauna. The lobby is a very comfortable design lounge including a nice fireplace. On the lobby floor, the TV room is as cozy as a home living room and the large screen is perfect for watching Sunday sports events. I have now gone back several times, never disappointed. Totally recommend the stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BrindusaF
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your positive review and delighted that you have visited us several times now! Thank you for your continued support, loyalty and valued custom, we place great importance on creating and nurturing long term relationships with our customers and your comments help us understand where we succeed and where we need to improve. To read that you felt at home and cozy in our lounge, drawing room and bar is music to our ears and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our design team and staff, who genuinely love to create a real sense of “home away from home” for all our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, I look forward to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel and hope to meet you personally when you return.

Zichron Yaakov, Israel
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Where do we begin. Well let us start with the efficiency of the booking. Upon our arrival we were welcomed by the front of house staff who made us feel as if we were personally known to them. We were told that we had an upgraded room and advised if it's location. The room was superb, spacious and well appointed. If one could find fault (and this is personal), it would be the opaque glass door to the bathroom which if one had to get up in the night could possibly disturb the partner as the light was very bright and shone through. Also the safe was almost at floor level which made it difficult to access and see inside. However, the sumptuous comfort of the bed made up for any minor inconvenience. I used the spa and pool and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The dining room was delightful and the food superb. If one had to pick a member of staff, it would be an extremely difficult task;however Rahim the Senior Concierge was outstanding. He was friendly, full of advice, courteous beyond his remit and helpful and all times. One should also mention the young waiter at breakfast, Mark from Connemara in Ireland. He made our day begin on a high, with his smile and cheery attitude.
Would we recommend this hotel,? - most definitely. Would we return? - . Absolutely. If you want an exceptional experience then the Marylebone is definitely for you.

Room Tip: Try rooms to the rear of the hotel, they are larger and quieter. Also, using your room key card you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank carjohn2520
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so appreciative of your brilliant review, thank you so much for talking the time to not only give such a positive review of your overall stay but also for highlighting 2 members of our team who made your stay special. Both Rahim and Mark are absolute stars, we are very privileged to have a family of employee’s who truly care about our guests and I just know they will be over the moon when I share your kind feedback.

I take your comments on board re the opaque shower glass door and the positioning of the in room safe. We will definitely look at it and see what we can do to make this more practical, the safe positioning could be easily remedied, whilst the shower door will require more thought! Your comments are really important to us, we can only improve if we listen to our customers and our best product enhancements to date came as a result of our customers’ feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and hope to meet you personally when you return.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here with my fiancee whilst attending a convention. Was upgraded to this hotel when we were told that a pipe had burst at the hotel we had originally booked. Gotta say, The Marylebone is perfect. The room was great, the shower, the service, all top notch. No complaints!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spider-Mike88
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your comments; although I am sorry that your original arrangements with another hotel did not work out I am delighted you ended up with us! Hopefully having experienced us now we will become your first choice hotel and I will have the opportunity to meet you and your fiancée when you return.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Christchurch
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We are due to fly to London in a weeks time from new Zealand. I rang and asked for help to book shows that I was having difficulty in booking online. Rahim, the concierge has provided outstanding help with booking the tickets we require and has telephoned each night this week to update me on how the progress for tickets was going. He has secured excellent tickets at very good prices and will make our stay in London memorable. This is the second time we have stayed at the Marylebone hotel and I would highly recommend it as the staff are excellent.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your comments, I am delighted that Rahim was able to secure the tickets you needed and that he stayed in touch throughout the process. Our concierge team, headed up by Rahim, truly loves going the extra mile for our customers and I know they will be over the moon when I share your kind feedback. I want to thank you for choosing again and also for recommending us to others; we value your continuous support and will never take your loyalty for granted.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and we found the whole experience fantastic. Because our room was not yet ready when we checked in we were offered a coffee to wait for a few minutes. The room was quite small but very comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathroom is small but very practical. The hotel was very quiet and we could not hear any noise from other rooms or from the street. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was an enjoyable experience. The bar is very nice too and the waiters very friendly. The quality of food and drinks served for breakfast was very high. We experienced the swimming pool after a day of shopping and needless to say we enjoyed it. We found the staff whatever their job in the hotel very friendly and helpful. Next time we come to London we will definitely stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your comments, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and am particularly pleased that you found the staff you encountered to be friendly and helpful across the hotel. It is incredibly important to us that our guests experience a genuinely warm, friendly and engaging service from the movement they arrive to the moment they depart and this very much forms the foundation of our service ethos. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team who I know will appreciate it greatly.