“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have stayed in many hotels on business, both in and outside of London. It is rare to see a team of people who genuinely enjoy their jobs and genuinely care about guests' experience during their stay. I could find nothing negative to say about anyone who worked there - in my experience they went over and above their duties to make the stay an extremely pleasant one. Thank you to all the lovely people at the hotel who made it feel like a proper holiday. I came away feeling pampered and felt like my money was well spent. I would definitely stay here again and have already been raving about the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments about our team, every one of our employee absolutely love looking after our guests and enjoy being part of our guests’ experiences. Your kind feedback will be shared and I know it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, it will be wonderful to personally welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel and I hope to meet you when you return.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Chose this hotel for a last minute surprise visit for 3 nights in London for my birthday. My daughter phoned ahead to request a room upgrade which they said they would do. Due to flight delay we arrived an hour after check in and was told our superior double room wasn't ready, but after searching their system and intervention by the asst. manageress we were allocated one of the "best" room. Was a tiny bit disappointed in the room, it was rather plain, in comparison to the reception/lounge/seating areas in the rest of the hotel. The room was very clean, with a comfy bed, two chairs and a desk with chair. More than adequate for us. Bathroom was quite small, but plenty soft fluffy towels and lots of hot water.
Was delighted on our return from seeing "Wicked" later that evening to find a bottle of wine, fruit bowl, a flask of hot raspberry tea and two small chocolate cakes, compliments of the hotel for my birthday. There were also 2 bottles of water left for us each day.
The hotel is ideally located for shopping, restaurants bars etc. Marylebone High Street is a street away, Oxford Street 5 mins walk and not much further to Bond Street Tube Station.
Unfortunately my daughter took ill on our last day. The Manager, Nadia was extremely understanding and helpful, allowing us to stay on in our room beyond the noon check out time, until late evening at no extra charge, before we had to leave for our flight back to Edinburgh. We did not get the opportunity to go to the pool/spa area, there is just to much to see and do. The only meal we ate at the hotel was one breakfast time which was rather pricey at £23 each, but there was a vast selection of hot and cold food to choose from. I would definately return to this hotel for its location alone.

Room Tip: Room 490 very quiet even though it was Mothers Day/St Patrick's Day week/end. Not a nice view t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read that you were pleasantly surprised by the little treats we placed in your room to celebrate your birthday with us. We always believe that it is the tiny noticeable touches that turn a good stay into a great one and I am delighted that we were able to make your birthday a little more memorable. Thank you for mentioning Nadya’s helpfulness on departure, she is a true asset to our team and genuinely cares about our customers. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments. I also hope your daughter is feeling much better now.

Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel, beautiful decor, a very tasty breakfast, offering everything on the menu from freshly made smoothies, figs and watermelon to pancakes, sausages and eggs with soliders! From the moment you walk into it, you feel the atmosphere of cosmopolitan London. (The aroma of Neom candles burning in the backround was so divine, that I could not resist purchasing one to bring home!) The staff are fabulous, are ever so helpful without being too imposing as they genuinely want to help you. You can also tell that they are well trained and it shows that they all love working within the Marylebone, they enjoy their roles, they are empowered to work their best efforts within this hotel. The hotels location is deal, just a 10 minute strole from Oxford St, the nearest Tube Station being Bond St. It is also located with a beautiful, stylish village called Marylebone which has very nice restaurants situated throughout. Am definitely returning to this hotel on my next visit to London - couldn't resist it!

Niamh O'Sullivan, Kildare, Ireland.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Niamh O
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am absolutely thrilled to read your positive review, particularly the mention of the service you experienced from our team. We are very fortunate to have a team of employee’s who genuinely care and love going the extra mile for our customers and it is always incredibly rewarding when that is reflected in our guests’ comments. Being fairly new to the Marylebone area myself I couldn’t agree with you more! It has such a wonderful village feel and yet the accessibly to the City’s sights and sounds is only a stone throw away, it really is a brilliant area to visit.

Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed for 5 nights and I'm glad I chose that hotel! The location is perfect! You can walk to all the major streets in London for shopping, food and drinks. You have access to all transportation (metro, bus, taxi etc). The Marylebone High street is a wonderful street to walk providing everything you may need. The hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable rooms and with free access to wi-fi which was very useful to me (and everyone I beleive). The staff was very polite and helpful and the concierge responded perfectly to everything we wanted. Breakfast was pretty good and the smile of the staff there was the best way to start your day. I also enjoyed the bar - it is located in a different level of the hotel and because it has a street view away from the rest of the hotel, it gives you the impression that you are in a bar apart from the hotel (practically it makes want to stay in the hotel longer).
If I had to say something negative about my experience at the Marylebone that would be : 1) a smell of fryed food (on my floor at least - 4th) which was coming from the kitchen of the hotel and was there all day long and 2) I would deeply appreciate a little better cleaning of the toilet in my room (of course it was acceptable and I was ok in general).
In conclusion, I will definitely suggest this hotel to anyone and the next time that I will visit London I will stay there again!
Thank you Marylebone for making my vacations even better!
Food tip : if you want to eat fish&chips, one of the best places is just across the bar of the hotel (sorry, i can't remember the name).

Room Tip: I stayed at room 452 wich was at the back of the hotel, next to the stairs and the fire escape door...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LamprosX
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that you felt that our team responded perfectly to your requests. It is incredibly important to us that our team engages every one of our guests with genuine hospitality and play their part in our guests’ experiences. Thank you for letting me know about the odor of cooking food and the cleaning of your bathroom. Our aim is to makes sure your stay is perfect in every way so I can assure you I will look into these two areas, which I am confidant we can resolve quickly.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Was booked here by client. so had no expectations. About 10 mins from Paddington Heathrow Express by taxi. Check in was efficient and friendly. All public areas seemed to be soaked in aromatherapy, so watch out for your senses.

Room was good (not large but well planned). Bathrooms were very modern but a trite small (what we call a 1/2 tub). Staff were all foreigners but very helpful. Nice little touch was a GBP 5 upgrade from standard to full English breakfast.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms seem to be located miles from the lift bank
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that we managed to surprise you positively whilst in our hospitality! We firmly believe that friendly, helpful and professional employees who genuinely care about our customers form the foundation of our service offering and it is always great to read when it positively impacts our guests’ experiences. The contemporary feel of the hotel does indeed flow through from the public areas into our bedrooms and bathrooms and our design team looked carefully at optimizing space, functionality and aesthetics during the recent renovations.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

A pearl in the heart of Marylebone, London, excellent location and proximity to Oxford and Regent streets. Even the standard rooms are cozy and very decent size, comfortable beds, good size bathrooms and fantastic room service. The hotel now has a luxurious, modern spa in the basement, including a good swimming size pool, hammam and sauna. The lobby is a very comfortable design lounge including a nice fireplace. On the lobby floor, the TV room is as cozy as a home living room and the large screen is perfect for watching Sunday sports events. I have now gone back several times, never disappointed. Totally recommend the stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BrindusaF
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your positive review and delighted that you have visited us several times now! Thank you for your continued support, loyalty and valued custom, we place great importance on creating and nurturing long term relationships with our customers and your comments help us understand where we succeed and where we need to improve. To read that you felt at home and cozy in our lounge, drawing room and bar is music to our ears and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our design team and staff, who genuinely love to create a real sense of “home away from home” for all our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, I look forward to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel and hope to meet you personally when you return.

Zichron Yaakov, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Where do we begin. Well let us start with the efficiency of the booking. Upon our arrival we were welcomed by the front of house staff who made us feel as if we were personally known to them. We were told that we had an upgraded room and advised if it's location. The room was superb, spacious and well appointed. If one could find fault (and this is personal), it would be the opaque glass door to the bathroom which if one had to get up in the night could possibly disturb the partner as the light was very bright and shone through. Also the safe was almost at floor level which made it difficult to access and see inside. However, the sumptuous comfort of the bed made up for any minor inconvenience. I used the spa and pool and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The dining room was delightful and the food superb. If one had to pick a member of staff, it would be an extremely difficult task;however Rahim the Senior Concierge was outstanding. He was friendly, full of advice, courteous beyond his remit and helpful and all times. One should also mention the young waiter at breakfast, Mark from Connemara in Ireland. He made our day begin on a high, with his smile and cheery attitude.
Would we recommend this hotel,? - most definitely. Would we return? - . Absolutely. If you want an exceptional experience then the Marylebone is definitely for you.

Room Tip: Try rooms to the rear of the hotel, they are larger and quieter. Also, using your room key card you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank carjohn2520
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so appreciative of your brilliant review, thank you so much for talking the time to not only give such a positive review of your overall stay but also for highlighting 2 members of our team who made your stay special. Both Rahim and Mark are absolute stars, we are very privileged to have a family of employee’s who truly care about our guests and I just know they will be over the moon when I share your kind feedback.

I take your comments on board re the opaque shower glass door and the positioning of the in room safe. We will definitely look at it and see what we can do to make this more practical, the safe positioning could be easily remedied, whilst the shower door will require more thought! Your comments are really important to us, we can only improve if we listen to our customers and our best product enhancements to date came as a result of our customers’ feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and hope to meet you personally when you return.