“All good”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #234 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were happy with our selection for London. This was originally the hotel associated with Harrods and is within walking distance to shops like Harrods. It was nicely decorated both in the lobby and our room. We thought our room was a good size for London. The breakfast selection was good and the staff were professional and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Rembrandt

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My parents, brother and I went to the Rembrandt for 11 days in the end of March and early April. We thought it charming. My parents' room and bathroom were small. My brother and I paid for a disabled room (about 15 pounds more per night), and so our room was bigger with twin beds. The twin that my brother was sleeping in squeaked and was uncomfortable, but mine was fine. Our bathroom had a wonderful shower and didn't have to take a step to get into it. The breakfast food was good and it had a lot of variety. We didn't use the spa services. We thought it a little too expensive (7.50 pounds) to just swim in the pool.

Room Tip: It was right across the street from the Victoria and Albert Museum and about 5 small blocks away fro...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotel is easily found directly opposite the V&A, reception areas are nice enough, although they have struggled with combining a more modern theme with the historic building. Check in fine. Unfortunately for this hotel our last stay at a four star would be very hard to beat...(see Rudding Park, Harrogate). We were not asked if we needed help with our luggage and were given our room keys. Entering the room I was very disappointed, I know rooms in London can be tiny, however as I had upped the budget for this one since my last visit (Raddison Bloomsbury) I was expecting a little more. The room was tiny, which I could have delat with if it was well decorated and had a bit of something to it...it didn't it appeared tired and lacklustre. The bed was small and the bathroom tiny and a little dated. On this room i would not have rated this as a four star (and I accept that rating are not given solely on rooms). Anyway we upgraded and were much happier. Our new room was larger, in all ways and had a whirlpool bath. The tea-tray was disappointing with only English Breakfast and instant coffee, nothing else.

Breakfast was well cooked and nice, although the service very inattentive and we did sit for around 15 minutes beofre we had to catch a waiter to get coffee.

All in all, I think the hotel is relying on its location which although is good, I feel that given the excellent transport system in London you can stay in many places and have very good and easy access to the whole of the city.

I would stay here again, but only if the prices for the better rooms were much more competitive - but maybe we just booked a bad deal - who knows!

Room Tip: Avoid the standard "superior" rooms unless you are happy with a tired shoe box.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Psycho8a88le
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I would highly recommend to stay in his hotel. Great location, great staff, very clean, generous breakfast and so much more.....
Thanks to everybody who made our stay so special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The reviews were largely very good for this hotel, and that is exactly what we found. The location was great for us. Easy access to tube station, safe and interesting neighborhood to walk around in, proximity to many major sites of interest in London. You could wander across the street to spend an hour in the V and A museum.
Rooms were clean and modern. I have never stayed in London before and was prepared for small hotel rooms, and it didn't bother me.
Staff were pleasant.
The pool facility looked great, but we were never able to use it. (I was traveling with a child, and children are not allowed after 6 PM- something that wasn't clear to me when I payed for the passes) My pool pass fee was refunded at check out when I brought up the fact that we hadn't been able to use the passes.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Calgaryfamily65
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spent three nights at the Rembrandt's, the hotel is very well situated (in front of the V&A museum, very near from the tube...), very nice reception, large and well fitted rooms, and a great breakfast.... This is a very fine place to stay in London, with reasonable prices!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spent last week in London at the Rembrandt Hotel. The hotel and staff were lovely and the location was wonderful. There were many, many places to eat and shop nearby and, of course, the great museums were just across the street. Our room was small, which we expected, but our small double bed was uncomfortable and substandard. The mattress sagged in the middle. The bathroom was pretty and clean and the toiletries were nice. We loved eating breakfast (included in our rate)in the hotel and were impressed by both the food and the wait staff. The concierges were helpful and friendly. We would definately stay there again but we would either upgrade our room or ask for two beds.

Room Tip: We overlooked the V and A Museum and enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple