“Closer than you think .” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel London West

Novotel London West
Ranked #394 of 1,089 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay in London. Went back to this hotel as we stayed there last year and had a good stay. Everything was just as good this time. We used our Tesco clubcard vouchers and treated ourselves to an executive room. The room was lovely with a Nespresso coffee maker, ipod dock, dressing gowns. slippers and a lovely shower. London hotels are very expensive so using the Tesco vouchers was a really good way of saving us some money to spend on seeing West End shows. The hotel is very close to Hammersmith Tube (5 mins walk) and is on the Picadilly line giving easy access into the West End. The rooms are clean and the breakfast very good. I'm sure we will return here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lesley999Walsall
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Kind regards,
E HOBSON

Director of Sales & Marketing
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on business in Hammersmith and stay because it is very convenient for our office across the road. The rooms are small, basic but adequate for a short stay and if you have large amounts of luggage then you'll find the wardrobes/ hanging space very limited. The rooms have good sound insulation, double glazing from the outside and we could not hear the traffic noise from the flyover below. The rooms were cold and the AC/heating did not seem to work very well, if at all. Though the mattresses look thin and cheap, we both found them to be supportive and had a good sleep. No free wi-fi in the rooms which should not be the case in a business hotel, though there were free to use computers in the lobby but you had to register and it was a limited allowed time per guest/room. Breakfast was good with the normal cooked, continental choices on offer, this was included in our rate.
Typical inner city hotel with mostly foreign staff, but it's adequate and provides most of the essentials for a short stay. Direct tube line to Heathrow and central london.
Will doubtless stay there again when we next visit London (on business)

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is near the elevators as we had a long walk before getting there.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Surrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Novotel in Hammersmith on business. My second visit. Whilst it is perfectly functional, please do not expect anything more. My room was clean on first inspection, but as I ran a bath I suddenly discovered someone else's pubic hairs, presumably belonging to the previous guest! Funny yes, but not when being faced with them swimming about in the bath you are about to step into. Things like that make me gag at best! I did not check whether the pillows and mattress had protectors because if I had, and they had been absent, it is likely I would've ran for the hills, quite literally. And, as I had to stay for two nights I thought ignorance was probably bliss. I never walk on hotel carpet and had slippers so at least my feet were safe!
On the first evening I met colleagues for a drink in the bar, only to be met by the most unfriendliest of bar staff, I have experienced better customer service in Macdonalds! They were so surly. I had to ask to be served, only to have my drink made with such agression that I was almost scared to point out that I'd asked for a single and they had poured me a double. I laughed this off with a couple of companions, but really.....! I ordered a cooked breakfast in my room the following morning, a continental arrived with no sign of the cooked. I rang down to query where the remainder of my breakfast was, I was dealt with by another surly staff member who quizzed me to the point that I felt I was in some replay of the Spanish Inquisition. She finally passed me over to a more senior hotel staff member who assured me he would look into it. I was called back swiftly to be informed that the cooked breakfast was £10 extra which is why THEY had decided the ordered breakfast should not have been delivered. I had given my card details to reception on check-in, to cover any extra expenses, so was really astounded by this attitude and communicated so. They assured me a breakfast was on it's way. It came! I really wished I hadn't fought so strenuously for the damned thing - it was pretty grim & cold, wrapped in clingfilm. I have never to date had any room service food delivered to me with clingfilm, I pecked at it briefly and thought it best to not abuse my stomach. I went to Starbucks across the road the next day! The following evening I needed to use my laptop for work only to be told that free wifi was not available. 'I beg your pardon did I just hear right....' I muttered, at this point about to burst into a fit. Yes I had, no free wifi. I run a smallish business that has approx. 800 clients visit a month, and we offer free wifi, what is going on when a business hotel doesn't offer it's guests free wifi!
I try to stay in the best accomodation that I can afford for holidays, and you definitely get what you pay for in my experience, but when it comes to service, I don't care where I am I expect to be treated well. Whether it's in MacDonalds or Pret or a mid-range hotel, or a store, and it strikes me that in general, customer service in this country is appalling. Does nobody understand the concept, it is not rocket science. It does however require fantastic, and continual dedicated training, something obviously most companies, including the Novotel do not invest in!

Room Tip: Take your own cleaning products!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank woodpa
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed at Novotel as attending meetings in central London. Great location with easy access on the tube. Check in was nice and easy. Rooms quite small but typical group hotel room. The room was freezing at night even with the air con on trying to heat it. No sky tv so no sport channels. Housekeeping walked in whilst I was half dressed without knocking, a bit of a shock. Nice selection for breakfast but would pay £27.00 for it as advertised. Tables not set up properly and all guests squashed into small areas of restaurant which is not what you need in the morning. Cheese had run out and the bacon had been mass cooked and put in trays but all stuck together. Sausages were cheap and cheerful and had to ask twice for coffee. The outside of the hotel on first floor balcony was disgraceful with smashed glasses on the floor, fast food wrappers and general waste. Needs a good clean up as that's the first impression I got of the hotel when walking from the tube. On the whole convenient but needs to look at customer service, heating and cleanliness

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I would stay here again. as it was a plesant stay and the beds are lovely and worm and cozzey i would recomend to a friend as its right near the three kings pub which is great, and it also has excellant decor inside and out but i think the price of breakfast is a little bit high

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Suwon, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

It is located close by Hammersmith Station , it's very convenient for tube and bus.
There are many stores and supermarket.
I stayed 5nights there. The Room is very clear and had a comfortable bathroom.
And buffet breakfast was excellent.
I think the tube is a better option than the bus because the tube take about 15minutes
to tourist spot.
BUT there is NOT free wifi.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family