Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Highgate Cemetery
from US$54.20
More Info
1,441 results
All reviews karl marx guided tour douglas adams waterlow park buried here interesting graves grave stones west tour famous names resting place both sides victorian era northern line self guided fascinating place entrance fee knowledgeable guide
Reviewed April 1, 2018

There are two cemetery’s to explore,visited as part of a guided tour and it's worth more than the £12 it costs.Was great day.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We made our way to Highgate Cemetery not realising that we probably should have pre booked tickets for the tour of the private west cemetery in advance online. It was a foolish mistake on our behalf but we were very lucky as the lovely lady on the desk at the east cemetery made a phone call and managed to get us squeezed on to the 11am tour. She was an absolute angel - so friendly and happy. Our tour was conducted by Peter an ex teacher, who was so very knowledgeable and interesting- he was really great - showing us many interesting internments and some stories about the people who rested there. The tour took an hour and a quarter and the West cemetery is beautiful gothic and well maintained. The East cemetery likewise is so very interesting, well maintained and a peaceful place to be - the ticket for the west cemetery also covers admission to the east cemetery. I feel we will definitely be returning as it is so very interesting.

1  Thank JanMcD2801
Reviewed March 16, 2018

I so enjoyed the tour we took yesterday of the West Cemetery. Our tour guide was Peter and fabulous though the cemetery is, Peter just made it come alive (well, probably not the best term to use in the circumstances). His knowledge is clearly gained through passion, and that shone through. It's odd to stand on the spot that Julius Beer must have stood creating the mausoleum for his young daughter Ada and trying to understand the all-consuming emotions he must have felt. And poor Emma Jones and the other girls that life treated badly.
It is a wonderful and sad place, and the tour is an absolute must. If there was an all day tour, I'd be buying a ticket.
So much insight with so much passion and humour in perfect balance. Thank you, Peter.

1  Thank monty m
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I've lived in London for 11 years and have never been here before and I was so blown away by it. We paid for the tour of the west cemetery which was £12 which also included admission into the east cemetery as well. At first it seemed as though it was a bit expensive but it was absolutely worth it. Both Cemeteries are stunning and the tour was so interesting, I think our tour guide was called Steve and he was brilliant, he clearly loved his job and that really came through in his tour. I recommend it highly enough!

1  Thank benpappy
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I have lived in London for 12 years and finally decided to tick off my tourist list! Highgate cemetery is a must see.. so much history and the tours are excellent. The tour guides are incredibly knowledgeable and answer all questions! The cost of tour is well worth it and reasonable compared to other London tours. The tour guide John was so wise! The whole experience made me proud to be English!