“A must do for history lovers”

Churchill War Rooms
Book In Advance
More Info
US$29.86*
and up
Churchill War Rooms Entrance Ticket
Ranked #4 of 1,816 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The underground headquarters of the British High Command served as the nerve center of Britain's war effort during World War II.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived early before opening to queue up for the rooms and were pleased that we did as the people who work there were advising that the non booked tickets could be up to a two hour wait. We waited for about 30 mins but it would have been good to know beforehand that you really need to previous a time beforehand for a specific time as they have to limit the number of people inside at any one time. The war rooms are set up just as they were at the time and the information is clear and interesting. Besides the rooms there is an extensive museum that is insightful and through into the life and times of Churchill. The map rooms after this area were a real highlight for me . Allow a couple of hours for this place and you will not be disappointed. Even the gift shop is good.

1  Thank Robboart
Write a ReviewReviews (17,880)
All reviews
in 153 reviews
"ww2"
in 1,211 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had timed tickets to enter at 2:30. When we arrived, we were told we would have to wait in the back of the line, because everyone was delayed. The line was extremely long and not moving fast. We said, we would like to change our tickets for another day. We were told "no", "this is not possible". Apparently getting our money back was "not possible" either. We ended up waiting 1 hour and 15 min in the rain to finally get in. When we finally got in I asked to speak to the manager. I believe her name was Carolyn. While polite, she told me my only recourse is to email the museum, because "she was powerless". So it was a bit of the- too bad so sad defense.

I understand this is the holidays, and I even understand that errors happen. However,I think that when the system gets screwed up, it is not only the responsibility but the obligation the museum to try to fix it. I was completely annoyed by their lack of empathy and unwillingness to accommodate a time change- especially since it was their fault.

My other gripe with this place is the complete lack of organization in the big open museum room. This room is filled will all sorts of great information about Churchill, but it is not organized in any order, so one minute you are reading about his pre WW2 life and the next about his 4 kids. Really hard to follow.

I encourage everybody else who had a similar experience with their tickets to complain.

1  Thank ShopgirlHK
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We bboked ahead of time and walked right to the front of the line. We allocated about 90 minutes and that was just about right though if you want you could spend more time depending on long you spend on the interactives. Really loved the history of the place, the audio tower and the variety of types of exhibits. Watch the Darkest Hour before you go, it helps!

2  Thank Guinness13
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A really interesting experience. Both of my children aged 9 and 11 enjoyed it. My husband's Grandmother was the security to the foreign minister at the time of world war 2. It gave us insight into what it was like and told us more about Winston Churchill himself. Very informative and interactive. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Lydia W