New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

““I will never, ever hesitate to stay at The Cadogan. We loved it.”” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cadogan Hotel

and 1 more site!
Cadogan Hotel
Ranked #588 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Gravesend, United Kingdom
““I will never, ever hesitate to stay at The Cadogan. We loved it.””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My partner and I, along with our friends, recently stayed at the Cadogan London hotel. We have found our stay at this wonderful hotel an absolutely positive experience. Everyone at the hotel is very professional as well as friendly and helpful Special Adriana at Reception desk . Their breakfast menu is superb and the waite staff is very competent. and our accommodations were quite comfortable and our room was fresh and clean on a daily basis. Our friends were equally pleased with the hotel and, since it was their first time to London, the staff ensured that they had a room with a wonderful view which they enjoyed throughout their stay. The hotel is conveniently located both near an underground and a bus stop. Also, it is a convenient walk to Knightsbridge station. We found that no matter who we dealt with at the hotel that they were courteous and accommodating. The concierge services are helpful whether you have already mapped out your trip and need some further direction or advice or, if you have no specific plans, they are able to make great recommendations. Reservation office personnel can help with services like printing of boarding passes and airline check in. We highly recommend the hotel because you can tell that the staff is committed to helping you make the most of your stay. Perfect location for a shopper, 5 minute walks to the Harrod's and Selfridges and everything in between We hope to stay at the hotel on our next trip to London and will continue to recommend it to our friends. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Top floor Garden Viiew on Sloane Street
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lewonnon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

An anticipated business trip was made simply wonderful by staying the Cadogan. A great hotel with very professional staff. Colleagues recommended the hotel and I was very glad I took their advice to stay at he Cadogan, really a great experience. Thank you guys.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cadogan9, Front Office Manager at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of The Cadogan Hotel and I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

The entire team here at The Cadogan Hotel endeavour to create that 'Home away from Home' feeling, wether you happen to be in London for business or pleasure, and we strive to make all our guests feel comfortable and well looked during their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Cadogan Hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael Kaminski
Reception Manager

mkaminski@cadogan.com
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Overpriced even though it was a special offer - staff were very attentive and welcoming

Room Tip: We did not stay over but sure it would have been nice and a good location
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tallies
Cadogan9, Manager at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our restaurant, Great Taste at The Cadogan.

At Great Taste at The Cadogan we have a 3 course menu available at £28.00 per person, which showcases some of the United Kingdom's award winning ingredients from artisan producers.

Oliver Lesnik, Executive Chef along with our current curators, (Thomasina Miers, Masterchef winner and Lucas Hollweg, food writer for The Times on Sunday) design and create the menu.

We are sorry to hear you have not felt that you have had value for money and I am always available to discuss this further if you wish to do so. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Great Taste at The Cadogan in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael Kaminski
Reception Manager

mkaminski@cadogan.com
Lorton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We had a two night stay at the Cadagan and it was a enjoyable. The hotel is an a lovely old Victorian building , the corner of which was once owned by Lily Langry. It also boasts the Oscar Wilde room, so it's one of those hotels you wish could talk.

The staff was excellent throughout the stay, all well mannered and helpful in every situation. The food was also very good, fresh and well presented.

Located In Knightsbridge, the hotel is a close walk to a retail haven of stores , including the famous Harrods. An easy walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum, a bit further to Kensington Palace, but good access to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. Cabs are plentiful if you don't want to walk.

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. It is not new, or modern in any way but it does have some character which made us want to return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nanny1Lorton
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Really enjoyed the meal last night at The Cadogan. My client hosted me there, which is always a nice treat, but I was really impressed by the quality of the produce, the knowledge of the waitress and also the price point - £28 for three exceptional courses.
I would really recommend the meat platter - just for the sake of the incredible corned beef - wondeful. Also the Ray wing was fantastic - served with beautiful caper berries and chorizo. After the incredible selection of breads - raisin - what a treat, I was a bit full for desert, and could only manage half of the quite rich pannacota.
Lovely atmosphere, although a bit quiet, this is a really nice treat place to go. For £28 you could return and retun. Great concept, great food. Lovely evening.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jo G
Menerbes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I went to the Cadogan Hotel for afternoon tea on Sunday, April 1st for a very special celebration. My friend from the U.S. was visiting me, and it was the first time she had ever been to England and she was also celebrating her 70th birthday, so I really wanted it to be a special occasion for her.

I contacted the hotel before our visit, unbeknown to my friend, and got a response immediately from Linda Roduner who is the Food & Beverage Manager at The Cadogan. Linda was just wonderful, and said she would make sure we had a wonderful time. We were greeted on arrival by Richard, the Assistant Manager who was so attentive during the whole of our stay. When we arrived, Richard presented to my friend a gift from The Cadogan, it was wrapped and was a signed copy of a book by Merlin Holland, Oscar Wilde’s grandson. My friend was absolutely thrilled and she was so surprised that she was quite lost for words for a few moments! Besides this gift, and of course the wonderful Champagne Afternoon Tea......there was also a 'special' birthday platter for my friend....and if that wasn't enough, Richard very kindly took us upstairs and showed us the room where Oscar Wilde was arrested!! So as you can imagine, it was a wonderful afternoon for both my friend and I. I cannot say enough about the kindness and attentiveness that Linda and Richard showed me before and after our visit to The Cadogan. A big thank you to you both.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank midatlantic2001
Guernsey, Channel Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Visited on Good Friday with 3 other friends to indulge in afternoon tea. The hotel is tucked away in Knightsbridge but well worth seeking out. We were seated in the beautiful drawing room, full of plump cushions and comfy chairs. I specifically booked this because the afternoon tea menu was traditional fare rather than some of the more modern variations appearing on other luxury hotel menus. Finger sandwiches, scones (though no cream, the only downpoint), cakes and mini desserts were served on a huge cake stand, and were absolutely delicious. A wide variety of teas and coffees was on offer, with regular top ups to keep them fresh. To make things even better, we took advantage of a special '£15 for champagne afternoon tea' and started with a glass of bubbles (normal price £28). The staff were discreet and friendly, and there was no pressure to leave, despite the fact that they had to start preparing for dinner around us - 3 hours passed without us even realising it! I cannot comment on the hotel in terms of accommodation, but I was very impressed with this visit, and will certainly look at staying in the Cadogan next time I am in London. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends