All reviews the natural history museum albert hall great location south kensington tube twin room short stay rooms are small minute walk tube station one night stay clean hotel hyde park piccadilly line tea and coffee budget hotel harrods hairdryer
Reviewed January 30, 2015

The hotel was easy to get to from the airport via the Tube with the Gloucester station just a short walk away. The staff were nice but the room was small for a double bed but it did look like the pictures. There was not even space for a chair but they supply a stool to sit on at a small desk. The bathroom is also small and large people would find it difficult to use the toilet as it so close to the wall and dispenser. The shower only had warm water and the room was cool at best. I used ear plugs to sleep but still heard traffic noise in the morning. When I booked the room I thought breakfast was included so was disappointed to find that it cost 7 pounds for a continental breakfast. The website is very misleading as it states that it is included. I would stay in the same area again but would look around for other hotels. Then again, I have no idea what it costs to stay at other hotels so this place may be a decent deal for what they offer.

Room tip: Rooms appear regular in THEIR pictures but large people will feel cramped.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tracybiker69
Reviewed January 22, 2015

Good hotel, excellent location for Museums/Kensington/Harrods. Natural History Museum just across the road. The hotel was clean and the twin room was a good size. Nice big shower and hot water, comfortable beds and I've paid a lot more for a lot worse in London. Lots of restaurants and places to eat within 5 minute walk and the Gloucester Road Tube station was 5 minute walk and is a quieter tube station but frequent tubes.
Only downside with hotel was as we were sat in our room another couple walked in, apparently the had double booked the room and even though we had locked the door from the inside they were able to come in. We did complain to reception but nothing was achieved by this.

1  Thank gelerumph
Reviewed January 17, 2015

Just returned from an overnight visit to see The Jersey Boys, a birthday treat for my friend. First impressions of hotel was wow, excellent check in and our room was ready so we were able to go to our room an hour earlier than the stated time. That is when we were dissapointed. We found our room and at first we thought it was the laundry room as there were sheets being stored there but then realised we had to go through this narrow corridor and our room was next to where the sheets were kept. The room was tiny and our beds were toe to toe, literally. We did have a good nights sleep though as it was quiet and didn't notice the traffic noise. When I booked the room I thought breakfast was included so was dissapointed to find that there was an additional cost for a continental breakfast. The website is very misleading as it states that it is included. I would stay again though as it is close to the Gloucester Road tube.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed January 14, 2015

The room we got was quite small but the idea was not to be staying in the hotel room. The breakfast was not included in our price so we had to buy it every morning. Since I love breakfast I rather would have the breakfast included in the price. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The location of the hotel was really good it was near a museum (cannot remember the name) and we had walking distance to the subway.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stlars
Reviewed January 11, 2015

hi just back from this hotel,had a great time took my wife to see the commitments ,great show great seats(lastminute.com) the hotel was clean and well looked after ,little bit out the way but who cares your in london 5 mins from the station loads places to eat and drink £15 in a taxi lecister square would i stay here again yes at that price £134 for tonights but prever the strand palace £245 but right in the heart of the west end ,covent garden,lecister square ,no train fares ,or taxi have a nice time g see the show its fab !!!!

Room tip: room 404 to small
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple