US$233
US$149
US$137
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$153
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$366
US$106
US$93
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hilton
Hotel 41(London)
US$639
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe natural history museumgreat locationalbert hallsouth kensington tubetwin roomshort stayrooms are smallmain roadminute walktube stationone night stayclean hoteltea and coffeehyde parkbudget hotelharrodsscience
Reviewed February 11, 2015

You get what you pay for so we were quite satisfied with our excellent value 2 night stay at the Eden Plaza. We had a problem with the toilet flush in our room late in the evening but the helpful staff arranged for us to move to another room. Rooms are small - but bathrooms are modern and clean with everything you need for a short stay. The heating system is in a ceiling unit so top tip, turn up the heating to max for a while to get the room warm. Duvets were thin but staff gave us another when we asked so we had a cosy night's sleep. Location is right by museums and a short walk to tube stations so very convenient for sight seeing and getting around.
So my conclusion? Yes we would stay again and would definitely recommend to others

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank sjc47
Reviewed February 9, 2015

We had a very nice one night stay at the Eden Plaza. Reception very friendly, room and en suite clean and bed comfortable. A slight bit of noise from the corridor but could be sorted out with earplugs. Excellent location right across from the Natural History Museum and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed February 8, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Room very small for 2 persons and luggage for a couple of days.
Free wifi but Low coverage in room. Internet Ok in reception area.
Location of hotel was very good. Short distance to museum of Science, Royal Albert Hall and Imperial College. Affordable restaurants and many places to eat breakfast nearbye if you choose that. Close to The Tube. Quite area.
Friendly and helpful staff. Secure area for luggage if you arrive to early or leave later than checkout.
Only minus: Very small room and noise from other rooms and corridor. If you hear them. They hear you. All in all an average experience that earns three stars. Not bad enough for two stars (poor) in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mizzentopman
Reviewed January 30, 2015

I like to be positive, so I'll start with all that was good. First of all, and the main reason why we chose this hotel, the location. Right across from the Natural History Museum, near the Science Museum and V&A. 15 minutes' walk from Hyde Park. Near the major Gloucester tube.
The rooms are clean, water hot, enough light in bathroom (first hotel I've been to that I could say that), many mirrors.
The rooms are small, and creatively arranged - and that is fine. But the following is a list of things that could easily be improved by the hotel's management to make the experience of staying there pleasant instead of just satisfactory. In any order, not necessarily of importance:
- WiFi unreliable. Signal keeps changing from OK to low to even disappearing. Hard to work like that.
- Not enough storage space, and even with the space there is could be better arranged. For instance in the closet there were a couple of shelves that didn't go all the way to the end of the space, so that only a couple of cm were left - nothing can go there, and with so little storage space every little bit counts. The desk could have more drawers and the couple there are used by the hotel to place coffee/tea and cannot be used by guests.
- Hardly anywhere to put things in bathroom, and the one shelf that was there had a slant so things kept falling off. There was room to put a couple more shelves, and ensure they are level.
- Walls paper thin: I could hear TV and talk from both sides and one night even from above. Slept very badly all 5 nights. Worse than in any other hotel I've stayed at.
- Beds very uncomfortable. Thin mattresses, very soft. Contributed to my sleeping badly. I got up in the morning with an aching back – not a problem I usually have. First time in all hotels I've been to that the bed is an issue.
- The hotel seems to have suffered major thefts, and honest guests are paying the price. For instance first time I've encountered disposable glasses in bathroom; and the base of the electric kettle is screwed to the desk (and placed most inconveniently to make the desk useless). Personally I found this to be insulting and think management should consider the cost of the occasional theft of a kettle or glasses made of glass – especially where the hotel has the credit card information of all guests and can charge them if need be – vs the implication this has on guests' experience.
- Reception staff, most though not all, does not know how to smile. Not only that, but many a time we'd walk in and say hello or good evening and the people at the reception did not even raise their heads or answer. We had little need for them and have no issue with their service when we did. The reception is the face of the hotel, a smile is a universal signal of welcome, and saying good day is just polite. We got used to it and soon made jokes of it, but still I cannot understand this behavior.
So to sum up will we return? Not automatically. Only if we want to be at that location, and can find no better deal – and we will look hard for one. Will I recommend this hotel to others? Again, only if this hotel offers the cheapest rates in the area. Of course, this may change and when the time comes we will follow up on recent guests' experience to see whether changes have been made.

Room Tip: At either end of corridor, so that noise from only one adjoining room and not two.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank ofra01
Reviewed January 30, 2015

The hotel was easy to get to from the airport via the Tube with the Gloucester station just a short walk away. The staff were nice but the room was small for a double bed but it did look like the pictures. There was not even space for a chair but they supply a stool to sit on at a small desk. The bathroom is also small and large people would find it difficult to use the toilet as it so close to the wall and dispenser. The shower only had warm water and the room was cool at best. I used ear plugs to sleep but still heard traffic noise in the morning. When I booked the room I thought breakfast was included so was disappointed to find that it cost 7 pounds for a continental breakfast. The website is very misleading as it states that it is included. I would stay in the same area again but would look around for other hotels. Then again, I have no idea what it costs to stay at other hotels so this place may be a decent deal for what they offer.

Room Tip: Rooms appear regular in THEIR pictures but large people will feel cramped.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo