We stayed four nights on a business trip (paid for, so I don't know value for money). Very convenient location. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was bright and clean, if a little functional and lacking in character. A good, standard English breakfast was provided.
Our room was on the top floor and although clean and reasonably comfortable, there were some drawbacks.
1) It was very hot and even with the aircon on full we still required the window to be open as far as it would go- this made it noisy at night as we faced the Cromwell Road.
2) There was very little storage space for clothes.
3) The magnifying mirror in the bathroom was badly lit and was difficult to use if, like me, you aren't very tall!! Not good for applying makeup.
We were charged for an extra breakfast but this was rectified when pointed out.
I would stay here again and recommend the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Evoline ltd and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London