2,375 results
All reviews close to hyde park bayswater road kensington gardens central line quiet street tube station minute walk heathrow express marble arch twin room rooms are small breakfast was included your luggage bus stop full english breakfast tea coffee west end
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Lancaster Gate Hotel From July 7 till July 12, it was a success. For me it's the best Hotel for London. Not too expensive, has a good service and Breakfast(I will never forget those delicious bacon and sausages) and the most important thing is that the staff is very kind and friendly. When we wanted to get informed about tourism in London there was always somebody who was helping us especially a member of the staff called EWELINA who had been very helpful and nice ( If you read this sorry for disturbing you with my Harry Potter thing all week long hahaha)
In general, i give credit to this hotel that i find perfect for a trip to London specially that it's near the "Big Bus Tour" stop and the tube station.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was located across from Hyde Park, and several minutes from the Lancaster Gate Tube Station. You could walk to Kensington Palace, and Paddington Station for the train to Windsor, and we walked ( while, but doable) to Harrods and Portobello Market. The staff was incredible, and helped us with everything from cabs to tube directions to setting up tours. They were patient, helpful, sweet and caring, and even though the beds were a little hard, the staff makes the place shine. I would never hesitate to stay here again as a result of the location and the excellence of the staff. Besides, I was so tired at night from our daily excursions that I was asleep before I hit the pillow.

1  Thank Dcraftlady
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Good size bedroom with comfy bed. Quieter than expected, although what I thought was the noise of air conditioning turned out to be the humming of the generator near our open window! However, did not cause problems with sleep! Perfectly acceptable cooked breakfast plus good croissants and we were lucky to have a fab table right by the open windows.
Great location in attractive street and with the added bonus of 2 mins and you cross the road and are in Hyde Park.
In terms of overall rating, I have limited experience of London hotels and we really did spend minimal time in the hotel, but I would say between average and very good is fairer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. Was just ok im afraid paid £125 bb per night for 2 nights. Room very small and very noisy when opening the window which we had to as very hot weather. The noise was from a machine out back as no where near any traffic and air con in room equally as noisy. Hence no sleep and uncomfortable beds with flat pillows. There was only one lift working which was a nightmare at one time waiting 15 mins to get to room would have walked but on 5th floor. On the plus side good location in nice area but overalll disappointed as it was a treat for my daughter. Premier inn Victoria was far superior to this hotel :-(

Room Tip: Dont get room at back
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster Gate Hotel about a week ago for several days. I have only positive things to say about our experience there! We were there with our college daughter who had just completed studying in London. It is in a very nice location-practically across the street from Hyde Park in the Notting Hill area. It was fairly close to a Tube stop. It was a smaller hotel (not sure how many rooms), which we prefer over larger hotels. It had comfy feel with a nice, very responsive staff. We had called them after we made our reservation to add our daughter and get a 'triple room'. They were very accomodating and helpful throughout our visit. The room was lovely and bright and well-appointed. The breakfast that was provided as part of our stay was excellent and included hot and cold items.
We highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor on the side. We did hear a lot of birds on the window sill. Overall, it was a good location. I would say if you can try to get a room that faces the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family