“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #477 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Higashikagura-cho, Japan
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently stayed with a friend for 2 nights. I do recommend booking an executive room as it will give you that extra space to make your stay more comfortable.

The room was spotlessly clean and a good supply of tea and biscuits as well as bottled water each day.

Carolina on the front desk was especially nice and made us feel very welcome indeed. Upon checkout she wished me a pleasant trip back to Japan (where I live).

As others have noted the location is really convenient as it is right next to Paddington station and so easy access to both the London Underground and National Rail. Plenty of shops, cafes, pubs etc within walking distance from the hotel.

It is my second time to stay here and I will certainly stay again the next time I am in London.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an executive room to give you that extra bit of space as the regular rooms are pretty...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guests,
We are pleased to read your second visit to our hotel was as good as the first and you found the hotel spotlessly clean and everything you needed.
I will pass on your kind words to Carolina our receptionist.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your third stay.
Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel: small rooms but very confortable, employees always at your service, services fast and convenient.
To mention Carolina and Alex - extremlly helpfull and kind!! 5 stars employees!
location: close to transport or connections to all turistic points in London.

Room Tip: mention at the reception if you want / need something in particular and they will help!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your kind review on our hotel and we were please our staff were 5 stars.
We pride ourselves on our service and thank you again for these comments.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

After a good night and good breakfast I left the hotel in a hurry and left my (expensive) watch in my room. After an email it was send to my homeadress with priority mail. Honest and outstanding staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Wow what a great review and compliment to my staff. We are pleased to hear your watch arrived safely and next time you stay with us. Your toiletries are on us! We do look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tasmania
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I first stayed at the Paddington Hilton due to its proximity to Paddington Station (being on top of it) as I had to catch an early Heathrow Express.

The next time I came to London the price at the Hilton had become ridiculous and looked for another option.

The Quality Hotel Paddington was next door and overall a better option for accommodation.

The rooms are nicer, and like most hotels in London the size of the rooms are small, but clean, modern and recently refurbished. It was the rooms and location that gets my rating nothing else.

I didnt like the breakfast that was supplied and wouldnt eat there again.

The staff at times were rude and unhelpful, but once I have checked in and have my room, I really dont care as it is a place to live.

Having access to the MacDonalds wifi from next door made working good and cheap.

In Paddington station there were two small supermarkets, and options to eat.

Paddington station is great for most of the underground services and most importantly the Heathrow Express. You can get off the express and a 5 minute walk and you are at this hotel. So you can dump your gear and move freely.

It is my preferred area to stay and now my preferred hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your great review on our hotel and im pleased to hear we are now your preferred hotel in London. We could not ask for more. Regarding breakfast and the breakfast staff from Garfunkel’s please accept our sincere apology and be assured I will pass on your comments to the restaurants head office. Next time you stay with I would like to recommend you eat breakfast at our London Street Brasserie just across the road from the Mercure Paddington, where I know you will really enjoy it.
gloucestershire
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Right next door to Paddington Station, but very quiet. I was upgraded from a single to double but for a double it was very cramped. The lobby was small with curious changes of level and odd steps up and down, awkward for heavy wheeled suitcases. A good breakfast in the attached Garfunkel's.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review. Wherever possible we do upgrade our guests subject to availability. Unfortunately with us being a historic building we do have a few small level changes which we could not unfortunately change. I was also pleased to read you enjoyed your breakfast.
We hope you chose us again for your next London visit.
Brussels
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I don't normally write reviews but this was really quite unexpectedly a very nice experience. For a reasonable price (esp in terms of London standards) we got a nice renovated room and super helpful staff - esp. Witek and weronika but everybody really was effortlessly customer oriented. As the hotel is well located not too far from the shopping and also well connected public transport wise (or when its four of you it costs less to take a taxi to the tourist centre) we will be back!

1 Thank katarzyna b
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your great review and we are so pleased you took the time to inform our future guests of the great experiences you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit to our hotel
We could not have asked for more and hope to see you soon.
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I will strongly recommend this hotel to my friends. It is good for business stay and for vacation too. Rooms are not very big but clean and renovated. The location is really great.. right next door to the tube station. I will come back to this hotel for sure in the future. Special thanks for Witek and Weronika as well as very nice other reception desk staff for support!

Room Tip: room number 410
Dear Guest,
Please accept our greatest thanks for your recent review. And pleased to read everything was to your liking and again my staff pulled out all the stops to ensure your stay was everything and more than you needed. I will pass on your kind comments to Witek and Weronkia. And we all hope to see you back again in the future.