New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #489 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Los Gatos, California
“Convenient...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The best thing about this hotel is that it's clean and very convenient to Paddington for the Heathrow express and underground. The rooms are quite small, but efficient. I had problems that took some sorting out. I had a shower hose that was split and difficult to shower. After reporting it, was told it would be fixed which wasn't and had to change rooms on the second day. Also the hotel is noisy with street noise and people checking in at all hours slamming doors.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and we are pleased you found our hotel clean and convenient for your needs in London. Accept our apology regarding the broken shower hose. We were surprised you could hear any outside noise as all our windows are soundproof to ensure our guests enjoy a good nights sleep.
We do hope to see you again when visiting London.
Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

A very small hotel in an excellent position just outside Paddington Station. Nicely decorated and clean, rooms are a bit small and literally there is no room to swing a cat round. However, the fitted bedroom furniture made the most of the limited space and it worked quite well. Breakfast was taken at Garfunkels next door by voucher and entrance was by way of a private door from the hotel. There is no restaurant within the hotel but the surrounding area is alive with places to eat. I have to say that staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the location was perfect for my business needs. However, the cost versus the lack of faciliities makes this hotel not quite so good value for money. I paid around £140 for the night through the company booking agent which I thought was a bit steep for such a small place. Overall though, I quite liked this little hotel but I am sure I could find somewhere cheaper with more facilities if I was travelling privately.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review on our hotel and we are pleased that our location was excellent and our hotel was clean and nicely decorated. We do have some smaller rooms at the hotel due to it being over 100 years old. Should you book again with us I would like to recommend you try one of our king bedded rooms which are much larger.
We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I did not stay there but my daughter was in London she had lost her jacket cards every thing got separate from her friends and did not know were she was went inside hotel to ask for help. And what happen next is what i would call a first class service Alex notice she was so stressed and did not now left from right that he walked her all the way to her hotel in bayswater. then after his kindness he called the hotel to make sure she was fine. i would like to thank mercure and the staff they have i know were i would be staying when i come to London. so again thank you alex for being so kind to my little girl

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guests mother,
It was our staff’s pleasure to assist your daughter in her hour of need. We are here to help all travellers in London and understand it can be a daunting city if not know. I have passed on your kind words to all of our staff involved and especially Alex. Who passes on his thanks.
We hope that should you or your daughter visit London soon you will stay with us as you are always welcome.
Higashikagura-cho, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently stayed with a friend for 2 nights. I do recommend booking an executive room as it will give you that extra space to make your stay more comfortable.

The room was spotlessly clean and a good supply of tea and biscuits as well as bottled water each day.

Carolina on the front desk was especially nice and made us feel very welcome indeed. Upon checkout she wished me a pleasant trip back to Japan (where I live).

As others have noted the location is really convenient as it is right next to Paddington station and so easy access to both the London Underground and National Rail. Plenty of shops, cafes, pubs etc within walking distance from the hotel.

It is my second time to stay here and I will certainly stay again the next time I am in London.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an executive room to give you that extra bit of space as the regular rooms are pretty...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,
We are pleased to read your second visit to our hotel was as good as the first and you found the hotel spotlessly clean and everything you needed.
I will pass on your kind words to Carolina our receptionist.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your third stay.
Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel: small rooms but very confortable, employees always at your service, services fast and convenient.
To mention Carolina and Alex - extremlly helpfull and kind!! 5 stars employees!
location: close to transport or connections to all turistic points in London.

Room Tip: mention at the reception if you want / need something in particular and they will help!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your kind review on our hotel and we were please our staff were 5 stars.
We pride ourselves on our service and thank you again for these comments.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

After a good night and good breakfast I left the hotel in a hurry and left my (expensive) watch in my room. After an email it was send to my homeadress with priority mail. Honest and outstanding staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Wow what a great review and compliment to my staff. We are pleased to hear your watch arrived safely and next time you stay with us. Your toiletries are on us! We do look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I first stayed at the Paddington Hilton due to its proximity to Paddington Station (being on top of it) as I had to catch an early Heathrow Express.

The next time I came to London the price at the Hilton had become ridiculous and looked for another option.

The Quality Hotel Paddington was next door and overall a better option for accommodation.

The rooms are nicer, and like most hotels in London the size of the rooms are small, but clean, modern and recently refurbished. It was the rooms and location that gets my rating nothing else.

I didnt like the breakfast that was supplied and wouldnt eat there again.

The staff at times were rude and unhelpful, but once I have checked in and have my room, I really dont care as it is a place to live.

Having access to the MacDonalds wifi from next door made working good and cheap.

In Paddington station there were two small supermarkets, and options to eat.

Paddington station is great for most of the underground services and most importantly the Heathrow Express. You can get off the express and a 5 minute walk and you are at this hotel. So you can dump your gear and move freely.

It is my preferred area to stay and now my preferred hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your great review on our hotel and im pleased to hear we are now your preferred hotel in London. We could not ask for more. Regarding breakfast and the breakfast staff from Garfunkel’s please accept our sincere apology and be assured I will pass on your comments to the restaurants head office. Next time you stay with I would like to recommend you eat breakfast at our London Street Brasserie just across the road from the Mercure Paddington, where I know you will really enjoy it.