4,605 results
All reviews hyde park swan pub central line executive room winter wonderland paddington station afternoon tea rooms are small kensington gardens full english marble arch heathrow express booked this hotel breakfast was excellent english breakfast west end concierge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

big hallo afternoon tea ers - Oh my the the whole thing was terrible. I would expect sandwiches for an afternoon tea, there was a tiny croissant with chopped smoked salmon, a spinach wrap filled with thick cream cheese and beetroot and a tiny bit of bread with smashed avocado and a salmon mousse (I think). All a bit tasteless. The scones were crispy and the jam was of a very poor quality with no fruit and the cakes were just filled with lots of cream - no flair anywhere. The only saving grace was that the tea was made with tea leaves with a menu to choose from. Just a shame the T pots were dirty looking and didn't pour very well. My son took me as my birthday present. I feel very disappointed even if it was a Groupon deal.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra B, General Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your afternoon tea experience at our hotel.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. I have shared your comments with the restaurant manager and he has passed on his apologies. The restaurant manager has shared your feedback with the team.

Our hotel is located in the Hyde Park area. It is known for afternoon tea and we receive lots of compliments from our guests. I can assure you that it is a one-off and we will use your comments for further training and to improve our services.

If you have any further feedback or suggestions, you are more than welcome to contact us on : operations.londonhydepark@corushotels.com.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room was brilliant; I was in an executive room, giant bed, situated at the back of the hotel and was very peaceful through the night which is important for me. Bathroom could have been updated but all complimentary items were of decent quality, robes were available. Hairdryer that may have even been more powerful than my own! WiFi connection was good and free. Dinner was interesting with half the menu being Malaysian Style, the staff were the right amount of attentive. Breakfast was busy -the restaurant is small- but had lots of choice even though I arrived well into the breakfast slot. Overall great business trip experience, maybe not a family or romantic getaway as it was very fast paced.

Dear Ms. Kate Hamilton,

Thank you for sharing the feedback regarding your stay at Corus Hotel, London Hyde Park.

I am delighted to know you had a brilliant stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the team and they are happy to hear that.

Thank you again for the comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After more than 7 years of staying at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. my life and job takes me elsewhere. I am delighted to say goodbye by thanking all the wonderful staff who always make my time so pleasurable. Not in any order:
Sandra - the highly professional and delightful manager and...
Maria, Sanjay. Dana, Mariana, Nigel, Chris, Baiba, Terry, Andreas, Andreu, Ali, Norbert, Claudia, Billy, Margaret, Sharmarce, Kristian, Monica, Aditya, Adriana, Krassamira, Abdul, Izzi, Laura, Joanna, Thomas, Bernice, Jorge, Antonio, Deborah, Rutandra, Lucio, Kaloyen, Frederica, Ken, Ibrahim, Zaim, Pancrazio.
Apologies if I have missed anyone. I wish all the staff well. They are all excellent and work so hard with beautiful smiles. Don't go to any other hotel in London for business or for a holiday. Corus wins every time. steverees100@gmail.com

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank SteveRees37
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel/Concierge was kind enough to receive some of my online shopping items before I check in the hotel. Mrs. Najat in restaurant was very helpful and friendly during breakfast.
When I called Reception and say "good morning" the lady there never responded back with good morning, but kept silent until I asked for what I need. I asked for UK power adapter and she told me to come down to the Reception to collect it!!!! When I told her I'm in bathrobe going to shower, then she had to bring it up to my room.
After check out, my taxi and I had to wait for 10-min until concierge brought down my luggage from my room even I asked for that before leaving the room and proceed to check out. Overall staff is friendly and somehow helpful. After check in I knew from concierge that hotel has some rooms where bathroom has external bidet (water source) beside toilets for Muslims use.

Room tip: Book Excutive DBL not Business DBL as same rate but different room size. Has rooms with external bidet (water source) beside toilets .
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear the comments regarding your stay at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the heads of departments and they are very disappointed to hear that. Regarding asking to come down for UK power adapter; I have spoken to front office manager and he has passed his apologies for the inconvenience.

On the note of bringing your luggage downstairs, I have shared your feedback with the head concierge. He will address to the team.

On the other hand we are delighted that concierge were able to help you in receiving online shopping bags. I have spoken to Najat, our restaurant team member and she is happy to know that you found her helpful and friendly.

Thank you again for the comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tiny room, totally shabby. Completely outdated with mouldy/damp windows and minuscule bathroom you can’t take a proper shower in. So glad we weren’t staying more than one night. 4* is a joke. Pillows like bricks.
Don’t waste your money.

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear about your comments. I have spoken to the team and they are disappointed to hear that as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We are one of the leading hotels in Hyde Park area and we are sorry that you got this impression about us. Please be assured this is not our standard at all.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance by visiting our hotel again.

Thank you again for the feedback.