Thistle Kensington Gardens
US$137
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$150
Orbitz.com
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
US$217
US$205
Orbitz.com
2,145 results
All reviewshyde parkqueensway tube stationpark viewcentral linealbert hallconvenience storenotting hillbus stopfirst floorminute walkstandard roomjunior suitemarble archstayed for two nightsexcellent locationexcellent breakfastweekend break
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The Thistle Kensington Gardens is very very good. The staff is very prepared and really nice and helpfull! The room is great! Mine had a view to the park realliy beautiful. The bethroom is very good and the shower too (very strong and hot).

I think the hotel is a great option! There's a subway station very close (Queensway), a lot of souveniers stores and a Starbuck's!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcela009
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the view over the park!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here in March 2011 - I know my review is a little delayed. Sorry.

During this trip I visited all the Thistle hotels in London as part of a Business trip. This was one of my faves and was the one we got to stay at. :) The location was fantastic, just around the corner from the bus stop, and petrol station... not far from the closest Tube station.

Rooms were beautiful, very clean and modern. Breakfast was to die for - a huge range to choose for in a beautiful setting.

The staff were always cheerful and helpful, evening lending us umbrellas to brave the London weather.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Meliss_John18
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights over the weekend in a Junior suite. We were pleasantly surprised that it was just an easy 10 minute walk from Paddington to the hotel. We arrived at 9.30am, and were told we could check in an hour later......much earlier than the advertised time. We went for a pleasant walk in Kensington Park then came back to collect our bags from the concierge and check in. We stayed in on the 5th floor and had a great view over the Park, Albert Hall and central London. I guess the view from the upper floors would have been spectacular, so perhaps ask for a top floor Park view room. We had breakfast one morning, which was buffet style and was delicious, setting you up for a busy day in the 'big smoke'. The cost was £10 per person, which was good value, but they could perhaps do a kind of package family deal for families on a budget. The room was brilliant with a huge main bed and a pull out sofa bed in the other part of the room, separated by a newly fitted bathroom. Both parts of the room had a flat screen TV with Freeview............excellent if the adults and kids want to watch different channels in the evening after a long day walking round London. The staff was all very helpful, and the concierge kept our baggage safe between checking out and out late afternoon train. The location is very well placed to see the sights, with the Natural History / Science / V&A museums being a very pleasant 15 minute walk through Kensington Park enjoying the friendly squirrels and surprising parrot-like exotic birds. There is an excellent kids play park just 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel in Kensington Park. The walk to Marble Arch is 10-15 minutes, and a further 10 minutes to Oxford Circus. Of course there are plenty of buses, hop on-hop off buses and tube stations on the hotels doorstep. The only downside of the hotel is the external appearance, which is not very pretty. However, do not be put off by this because everything else about the hotel is 'top drawer'. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in London, and the winter promotion is fantastic value. Thanks to all the staff there for making us feel very safe and welcome in the big city.

Room Tip: Ask for a Park facing room on the higher floors for a spectacular view over London.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank DevonDon

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the view!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay and would definitely return to this hotel.
Staff very friendly and helpful and the food is excellent.

Room Tip: Was on 7th floor and had not problems.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

My daughter and I have just returned from a wonderful two night stay at the Thistle Kensington Gardens! As I had stayed at this hotel in the past I emailed them a couple of weeks before my stay to request two front facing rooms allocated next door to each other as I was travelling with my friend and her family and I was thoroughly delighted when I arrived at reception to be advised that my requests had been met - Top class service!!
The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the hotel is situated in a central and convenient location near to tube stations and bus stops and you can even buy a ticket and get on the Sightseeing bus right in front of the hotel - perfect! There is a mini supermarket below the hotel and also a cash machine which accepts major cards with no charges for withdrawals. The rooms are lovely and tastefully decorated and are fully air conditioned and the breakfast is plentiful with a huge variety of choices.
I hope to come back again for my third visit to this hotel in the very near future and would certainly recommend it to others!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gillybeen

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the breakfast! I was pleased to read that you are already planning your next trip to stay with us.