The Rubens at the Palace
The Goring(London)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
4,567 results
All reviewsbuckingham palacevictoria stationlibrary restaurantafternoon teaold masterscavalry barred carnationst james parkking roomfull english breakfastconcierge deskwonderful hotellovely roomgreen parktrafalgar squarebig benlocation was perfect
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a visit to the theatre. The hotel is well located in central London although a cab is required for shopping; unlike the Chesterfield Mayfair. The rooms are clean and well furnished, although on the small size, and the WiFi was free. As one would expect from a Red Carnation hotel, the service was impeccable. Candles around the bath and chocolates on the bed make this place very special.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CatandDogBrussels
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We arrived at The Rubens at 11am, not expecting our room to be ready, and were amazed that we could go to the room. This was the start of a lovely experience, mainly because all, and I mean all, the staff are so unbelievably friendly and helpful. You can have a lovely hotel but if the staff are miserable, it's just not enjoyable. Unfortunately, we could only stay one night but we made the most of it! We had lunch in the bar - very nice. We ate in The Old Library restaurant downstairs and the food is top class - very romantic and laid-back atmosphere too.
Breakfast had everything you could possible want and would expect from a great hotel, eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, etc. Also plenty of room to sit. So many London hotels don't have big enough breakfast rooms and the queues can be horrendous. Also the Rubens' breakfast dining room is lovely, chandeliers and carpeted.
Our bedroom was in the Royal Suite. It was lovely with a spacious bathroom, overlooking the Royal Mews at the front of the hotel. We didn't hear a thing all night, the mattress was really comfortable (my husband has back problems too) and it couldn't be faulted.
The interior of the hotel couldn't be faulted. It has been updated in keeping with the age of the building which is what you would expect. We love older, quirky hotels - it's always much more fun than stark, new or chain hotels.
I would definitely recommend The Rubens at The Palace. Great hotel, great location and great service. We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Helen P
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Rubens before, I enjoy the Carnation Hotels for their English vibe and decor.
My recent experience was very nice and the Polish Concierge who I nick named " Boggs " was a delight. He couldn't stop hugging my mother every time he saw her! Hotel staff is very good, attentive and helpful. Our room was nice but the mattresses were not great. I guess I am spoiled with my Temperpedic mattress at home. Breakfast was wonderful in a nice setting, only meal we ate at the hotel. Free WiFi is always a plus and the location across from Buckingham Palace is excellent. Victoria station is like a 10 minute walk with access to everything.
Joana, the Guest Services Manager greeted me and my family warmly. We enjoyed a beautiful bottle of wine that was sent for the special occasion we were celebrating. Thank you again Joana that Pinot Noir was to die for ! Everyone at the Ruben,s made our stay extra special.
Consider this hotel without hesitation, Thank you
MariaFSaenz

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went here in May 2011 for my birthday the location is amazing andthe hotel was just great I was greeted with a birthday card and In the room were candals chocolate strawberries and coins and flower petals for the bath.

Room Tip: I stayed in a front facing room traffic was quiet and it was sunny in the mornings
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have stayed at The Ruben’s three times now and have had a great experience each time. The rooms are clean, well decorated, full en suite bathroom, and have all the amenities one needs. The WiFi is free and easy to access. It is across from The Palace, The Mews, and around the corner from the Victoria Station so access to everything is right at your finger tips. The staff is VERY helpful with luggage, cabs and advice. I would stay there again and have recommended it to others. Great boutique hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business