My friend was visiting from the U.S. and this was her very first visit to England and to London as well so it was a very special trip. Plus the fact that she was also celebrating her 70th birthday, and so I definitely wanted her trip to London to be memorable. I contacted The Rubens before arriving at the hotel, unbeknown to my friend, and I could not believe the response I received or the welcome we received on our arrival. Our room had been upgraded, and there was a knock on our door early in the evening on the day of our arrival, and we were presented with a birthday cake and card!!!! My friend was absolutely speechless that the hotel would do this, and I can assure you that we were both surprised at this wonderful gesture..........!! We had breakfast every morning which was just wonderful, with a great selection and again the service was perfect. We also ate in The Carvery one evening which was also very good. We spent each evening in the lounge for an after dinner drink and the staff were always so attentive. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience and such great memories for my friend to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace