The Rubens at the Palace
US$137
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$309
US$150
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$217
US$206
Hotels.com
4,521 results
All reviewsbuckingham palacevictoria stationlibrary restaurantafternoon teaold masterscavalry barred carnationjames parkking roomfull english breakfastconcierge deskwonderful hotellovely roomgreen parktrafalgar squarebig benlocation was perfect
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The service of the staff at the Rubens is one of the best that I have seen in Europe. Everyone, not only the ones at the reception, but also everyone else working on the floor, had shown the enthusiasm to help us with any questions we had. When we were asking questions about things like local tour, transportation, etc., other staff would also jump in and give their opinions. You can feel that they are trying their best to help and that they have a great teamwork.

Location is another excellent thing about the Rubens. It is 10 mins walk from the Buckingham Palace and only 5 mins walk from the tube. The neighbourhood was quiet but also with a lot of restaurant choices.

I have not tried their restaurants but I could see that they have a lot of choices on the room service menu.

We had stayed in the King Room, and it's really spacious. Although it's located on the first floor and the view was blocked, but I would still recommend it.

Lastly, I just want to compliment the staff at the Rubens for being so helpful, friendly, as well as flexible in our requests. I will definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Unun218
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My friend was visiting from the U.S. and this was her very first visit to England and to London as well so it was a very special trip. Plus the fact that she was also celebrating her 70th birthday, and so I definitely wanted her trip to London to be memorable. I contacted The Rubens before arriving at the hotel, unbeknown to my friend, and I could not believe the response I received or the welcome we received on our arrival. Our room had been upgraded, and there was a knock on our door early in the evening on the day of our arrival, and we were presented with a birthday cake and card!!!! My friend was absolutely speechless that the hotel would do this, and I can assure you that we were both surprised at this wonderful gesture..........!! We had breakfast every morning which was just wonderful, with a great selection and again the service was perfect. We also ate in The Carvery one evening which was also very good. We spent each evening in the lounge for an after dinner drink and the staff were always so attentive. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience and such great memories for my friend to remember.

Room Tip: Wonderful location and great atmosphere.....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank midatlantic2001
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very nice, clean, wonderful European hotel! The staff was very attentive, and eager to help. The accomodations were more than adequate. So many great amenities too! Very centrally located, we were able to walk to most sights. I would definately stay here, my next trip to London!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joni S
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here for my Girllfriends birthday. Fabulous, worth every penny, service terrific, room excellent and one of the best breakfast I've ever had. Worth every penny. Class.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I've just returned from a trip that started in London and ended in Paris with my mother and son. While in London we had the pleasure of staying at Ruben's. The staff was kind and friendly and easily gave us the best service. They remembered our names, greeted us each and every time they saw us, asked how our day was...... We were there over Easter Sunday and would miss the Easter egg hunt planned for all the kids in the hotel. Easter morning my son found a huge chocolate Easter egg, chocolate bars and a bag of mini chocolate eggs hanging on our room door! I thought that was so kind. They were even pleasant when my mother set off the fire alarm because of her straighter! My son wants to return to London mostly because of how we were treated at this hotel. Let me also mention that we ate breakfast there everyday and we had dinner in their fine dining restaurant. The food was great. Our room was finely decorated, clean and well presented. We thought it was lovely. We can't wait to return to London and stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family