7,905 results
All reviews regents park great portland street dry martini classic room warren street superior room an upgrade oxford circus tube station mini bar london hotel west end rooms are small lounge concierge euston pubs
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed in this hotel when in London at a conference
The hotel is in a good location / underground is close by
very good standard of hotel which is extremely comfortable
food is very good with a wide range of choice
staff were very helpful with directions around London and getting taxis, etc
Watch for offers as it makes a stay more affordable !!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Lainie32
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed here recently. The foyer is being refurbished and one might say it looks like a palatial hall, open and bare with no atmosphere. My room was supposed to be a 'classic' twin/double. Whatever does classic mean? In this case it meant there was just 12" from the end of the bed to the wall, the TV must have been one of those invented by John Logie Baird, the bedside furniture had the once fashionable "distressed" look but the piece de resistance was the bathroom. The bath was about 3 feet deep but was tiny in all modern respects. There was barely just enough room to sit in it. If you are over 5' 7" tall, then getting in would be easy but sitting down might not be comfortable. It is not a good example of a comfortable bath in which you can relax after a day walking in london or after a long journey. But, the story does not end there - arising from the throne is not comfortable - there is less than 12 inches from your nose to the wall when you get up from the toilet! The wash hand basin is tiny and altogether, if there are 2 of you, with 2 suitcases, plus hand baggage, I wonder how you will get on in the main room. Then there is the soundproofing, I was able to hear the mighty roar of London's traffic and the conversation, admittedly a little loud, in the next room!
My buffet breakfast in a small and very busy dining room was only warm and, at £23, is another expensive outlay. You can get it at half price if you take out a loyalty card, which I did. But, I was so appalled at the bathroom that I asked for the price of the breakfast to be taken off the bill. The manager had to be consulted but customer care here extends to saying 'No!'
The hotel is run by a Spanish company and at £168 is just not worth the money. I wonder what room I would have been given if I was Spanish.
We are reminded of their need to conserve water (like many other places) and they grow herbs on the roof top.............Oh, they also give money to charity. I would suggest to them that charity might begin at home and, for the not cheap price of £168, they improve the facilities in their 'Classic' room.
It would appear the hotel is very busy, but what does that say about the hotel industry in London in particular? To me it says I will look to see if there are better hotels for that price for I will not be staying here again!

Room Tip: Pay a lot of money and ask for a room on the quieter side, if there is one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Service excellent, especially the concierge whose knowledge of sightseeing and local bus & train services, was most helpful. Enjoyed the very good entertainment every night in the lounge bar...guitar, harp, piano, solos etc. Lounge area top class. Good location near Regents Park & very handy to local shops, cafes & restaurants. Room a good standard but smaller than some we have used.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

From previous experiences traveling in Europe, I knew hotel room sizes are generally not palatial. No surprises here then if you book the standard Classic room with twin beds. The space is clean, but it felt dark and stuffy because of the furniture, decor and questionable air conditioning/heating unit (it seemed to have trouble maintaining a stable room temperature). The room and bathroom are narrow, so be warned.

Front desk service was competent, as was the concierge and room service. I did not make use of the gym or hotel restaurant.

The hotel's location is decent. Great Portland Street tube stop is across the street, and Regents Park is close by. All tourist attractions are easily reachable using public transport or walking (it took me about an hour to walk from the hotel to St. Paul's).

There are much better hotels in London, but it was the best option I could find at under $200.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Was there during London fashion week and as there was no place in my usual hotels, I stayed at the Melia White House for a night. Location is great, right next to Regents Park and within walking distance of most of central london attractions.
The entrance is really welcoming, with a large lobby and a luminous hall and the personal, at forst glance, seemed pleasant enough.
The room, however, was old, dirty and tiny. The wooden furniture was so old that the top layer had started to warp, the bathroom windows were so unclean that you could not see out of them and finally there was hardly any space in the room to walk around the bed.
As it was only for a night, I didnt complain, but whilst checking out, I guess out of courtesy, the Reception asked if I had a nice stay. When I replied 'no', giving the reasons, there was absolutely no reaction. The lady really didnt care at all and just gave me my bill and said goodbye. Scratch this hotel off my London list!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business