US$247
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$125
US$115
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$298
Agoda.com
US$416
Kensington Hotel
7,634 results
All reviewsregents parkgreat portland streetdry martiniclassic roomwarren streetsuperior rooman upgradeoxford circuseuston stationmini barlondon hotelwest endrooms are smalltubeloungeconciergedoorman
Reviewed November 4, 2006

I stay with my daughter for 5 days. The Staff is careless. But for the price and a metro station almost in the front is okay. Rooms are small. Very nice neighborhood. I eat all nights at a nice italian restaurant in the street great portland, I think call de martino. Nice price, very good food and nice staff. I have breakfast out all days. The hotel location is very good. Is an area of a lot of hospital, Business and you have three or four mini markets 24 hours. You have also a lot of mini fast food places like au bon pain in ny. the metro station very easy to move. I get a week pass and my 9 year old and me go all the way around london without problem. I never feel insecure. I repeat London I love it, the people.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eur2005
Reviewed October 28, 2006

Stayed there for two nights in the middle of October. Clean hotel, the breakfast was fantastic, and the location is great: 10 min walk to Oxford Circus (shopping), 1 min walk to the tube, 4 min walk to another tube station (with other transfer options).
Only minus would be that there was always a line at the reception, even when they had 8 people behind the desk (!). Also, their carpet-cleaning left a weird smell in the hallways.
The rooms were clean and decent size compared to other London hotels, but still smaller than what Americans (or Scandinavians) usually expect.
Worth a 4 star, and about £130 a night for a double.

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank TPost
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I have just returned from a weekend away in London where I had booked a reduced deal on Lastminute.com for a twin room without breakfast.

The hotel looks very grand inside although the heavy smell of smoke in the reception and lobby areas was really bad - perhaps bring in a non smoking policy - can't wait till next Summer when this will be enforced!

The gym was a good size - larger than led to believe on this site. The sauna was great and towels provided.

The bedroom was fairly small but adequate and the bathroom was quite nice although bath was very high so difficult to get in and out of!

The location of the hotel was great - 2 minute walk from Portland Street and Tesco & Pret a Manger were good for a cheaper breakfast!

As a hotel with a mate I'd recommend but not sure if you were a couple.

I'd never pay the advertised hotel prices - extortionate!!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
4  Thank Helen K
Reviewed October 1, 2006

booked with last minute.com secret hotels. Shared twin with my daughter, very small , uncomfortable single beds with old-fashioned sheets and blankets. Very dated decor, only one chair in the room, very basic. Tiny Bathroom, only one hand towel. paid £99 incl breakfast. Normal price is £240 plus £25 for room upgrade. Certainly not worth it. Large Buffett breakfast with lots of choice, but slow service. Would not book this again or recommed to anyone, stayed in the Marriot before, 10 times better.
Pluspoint: Good public transport nearby, lots of bus stops, and three tube stations. Fairly quite area.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank renifos
Reviewed September 30, 2006

We just came back from London at the end of August and stayed at the Melia White House Hotel for 5 nights.

We got to the hotel around 2:30pm and we got checked in right away. Got to our room and was quite surprised at how tiny the room is for a supposed "Junior Suite" that we paid for. It didn't look like a junior suite but I took that as it's simply because rooms in Europe are typically smaller. But anyhow, it looked a lot smaller from the pictures and virtual tours shown for junior suite rooms. Our room had a king size bed and a sofa bed. The room was too cramped for 3 skinny people and our luggage. You can bounce from one wall to the other.

We didn't take the upgrade simply because we were already supposed to be in a Junior Suite and our deal already included breakfast so whatever deal came with the upgrade was worth paying for more.

In any case, our first night, my friend woke up at like 2am and asked if we can hear something dripping and yes I heard it, but I was too sleepy to investigate and we had to wake up early that day to catch an early tour so I went back to sleep. But then the following night when we got back to our hotel, I noticed there was a puddle of wet spot right next to the sofabed. It came from the roof, there was a leak! That was what the dripping noise was. So at this time, it was already past midnight so I just called the front desk and let them know about this leak. A guy came up to our room and inspected it and he said he'll go downstairs and talk to the manager on duty. Btw, this is when we found out that there is another class of junior suite rooms that is bigger than what we got! In any case, the guy then called us in our room and said we will be transferred to another room the following day. We just needed to go to the reception in the morning and tell them to change our room. So we did that in the morning after breakfast around 9am and had already packed our stuff ready for the move. So we told them, we weren't in a rush, but we just need to make that our stuff be moved to the new room by the time we get back to our hotel by 4pm since we needed to get ready for a show that evening.

So we get back to our hotel around 5pm, and nothing was done! Because they only thought we were after the bigger sized junior suite and that is why we asked to be moved. So at this point, we already had someone checked our room the night before and verified the leak, we had already informed the front desk in the morning, so now this is the 3rd time I had to tell someone we had a leak and had to be moved. So the guy at the front desk told us they couldn't move us because they were fully booked and they didn't have another bigger room available. So now I'm freaking irritated, I had to tell him at this point I didnt care about the bigger room, we simply just needed to be moved to a room without the dripping noise and the leak and the bigger junior suite would just have been a bonus. So sure enough, at this point my voice was already raised, my two friends were just as annoyed, and all of a sudden, what a surprise, not even a minute later they found us another room. Well, well, well, we got another junior suite, but this time it was slightly bigger! This is the size of room we had originally thought we paid for! But just to get our problem taken care of, I had to be nasty and confrontational because being nice the previous 2 attempts, apparently fell into deaf ears. The people at the front desk were quite stuffy. The concierge, however, was very friendly and accommodating to us when we had questions.

The room had a mini fridge that was so packed you couldn't fit anything there anyways. And if you did attempt to store personal items there, they charge you 15 pounds!!! So we asked for a mini personal fridge coz they said it would be free if we ask that from room service. What a joke! They brought us what looked like a cooler, we nearly died laughing when we saw this, it could only fit 2 soda cans. It won't even fit a snapple bottle even if you tilt it sideways! That's how small this "mini fridge" on loan was.

The bathroom was miniscule. The only good thing was the towel warmer. The tub was so high off the ground that if you were short like me and my friend, you pretty much have to climb up in there. Our other friend is taller (5'9) but she even complained about it as well. The swinging tub door that only covered half of the tub wasn't a surprise since we had the same thing at a hotel in Melbourne, Australia when we went last year. But it can get tricky to take a shower in there without flooding the entire. bathroom since it was freaking tiny anyways. You practically have to shower facing the other way so that the water won't get out and splash all over the bathroom.

The breakfast was great, but I won't necessarily pay the 18.50 pounds they charge for it if it wasn't already included in our hotel deal (we booked our trip via AA Vacations).

The room service was exhorbitant as expected and the prices at the restaurants are just as outrageous. So if you want snacks and goodies, there's a Tesco right around the corner and you can get some food there. There's also a line of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel and the concierge can point you how to get there.

The location itself isn't in the center of the crowded tourist spot, which I like since it was more quiet, but it's very close to everything that you can walk or take a short cab ride, or take the tube or bus to get to Picadilly, Oxford, Bond street area for shopping. All other usual tourist attractions are so close that the location isn't a problem at all.

Like: Location, Concierge, Breakfast, Doorman
Disliked: Front Desk (rude and terrible service overall); Terrible Customer Service by the Hotel Management
Tips: There's a Tesco nearby to buy snacks and goodies from, and a line of restaurants within walking distance to eat at. Beware when you ask the hotel to book you a cab, you have to be specific, tell them to book you a "Black Taxi Cab" and not a "mini cab." Mini cabs are not metered and you have to negotiate the price before you get in and decide to go.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank crazyformo