“Very good food”

Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: At Bella Italia, we find tradition and we treasure it. We're passionate about bringing you a true taste of Italy, so you can experience the love, food, and magic of this amazing country first-hand in our restaurants.
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

The food was very good, friendly personal and authentic Italien style. Try the Roma style pizza and the meatballs spaghetti. Cleaned the board so it was reusable without dishwasher! Will come back again when visiting our children here.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

This is a small restaurant but quirky in decor. Greated and seated by a very friendly and smiley lady who was knowledgeable wirh the menu and different tea varieties avalible.
Breakfast was bought using tesco Clubcard vouchers without any problem.
Food was quick and hot the bacon was extremly nice. Only fault was the toast was overcooked and hard.
Will defently revisit when in the area next.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed my visit here, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. There was one member of staff that really stood out to me and I would like to give her a special thank you. Maria you was very welcoming and had an excellent attitude. Thank you for making our evening enjoyable :)

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I went there with four of my friends and children for dinner - all seemed pleasant enough I.e cozy atmosphere and good menu - until I ordered a glass of wine.

When the wine arrived it smelt awful and was clearly off - I called over the only waitress that was there and asked her if she could change my wine as it didn’t smell nice and handed her the wine. She immediately looked extremely hostile and irritated and handed the wine back to me and aggressively asked me what wine it was and which waiter took my order.

I must have looked quite shocked at her manner - she repeated the question and we asked her to simply ask the waiter - to which she replied in the same angry aggressive tone “which waiter because there are two”.
As she was speaking to me I was becoming quite confused to whether or not she actually worked there - or in fact had I mistakenly called over a customer who was insulted.

Anyway the whole table was quite taken aback - I refused to deal with her any longer and she went downstairs and I suppose called a manager over. He wasn’t apologetic at all despite all members of our table telling him how rude she was.

He then brought over another bottle of wine and and poured a little for me to taste and it was perfect. He the said the new wine was from the same bottle” I looked at the amount in the bottle and noticed that only a tiny amount was missing and then he said that he had mixed this wine with some wine from the last bottle.

Anyway - I can’t comment on the food because I didn’t want to eat after my experience - but from what I could see it looked fine and my daughter enjoyed her pizza.

I can only imagine the reason for the staff attitude is that either they have so much business that they don’t need anymore - or they are just underpaid disgruntled employees.

Either way I won’t be returning as will no one else from out table.

Date of visit: November 2017
BI Guest Experi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Bella Italia, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Hiya,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad things got off to a good start but are sorry your were served wine that was not to our delicious standard and that this wasn't handled in a Bella manner.

Our service should be friendly, perfectly paced and accurate and we are sorry this wasn't the case.

We will ensure the Area Manager feeds this back to the service team to make sure all of our service is being met to Bella standard and pace.

In the meantime, if you would like to follow this up with us directly, please feel free to contact us at, social@bellaitalia.co.uk

We hope we get a second chance in the near future to prove we can do Bella next time!

Ciao for now,

Bella Italia.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Popped in for lunch during the week and I had a very pleasant surprise. Food was really good and the service was exceptional. Special thank you for my waiter Spartak for the amazing service and great tips!
Thank you!