“Quick Coffee”

Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Stunning contemporary restaurant & bar just outside London Bridge Station. Azzurro London Bridge is located on London's Tooley Street, opposite the entrance to the London Dungeon & next to the main line & tube station. This modern restaurant is open from midday until late seven days a week, serving top quality, freshly prepared, great value, Italian food. The downstairs bar comes to life in the evening with the local office population visiting for the all important after-work drinks en route to the station. The restaurant area can seat up to a hundred guests and the huge basement bar is ideal for all types of parties up to 300 people.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I popped in here for a quick coffe and mostly to look for a toilet in this area. I was welcomed by a friendly girl and she as most charming. Only had time for a quick coffee as I was meeting a friend but the food looked lovely. Would certainly try this out if I as going to The Shard. Coffee was great.

karen m, Guest Relations Manager at Azzurro - London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Guest

thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again when you next pop in to eat with us

regards

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We enjoyed lunch here. The lunch special included a meal and drink. The restaurant should probably promote this a bit more amongst the surrounding businesses as it wasn't that full when we went.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the review - please feel free to tell your colleagues about us !

See you soon

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We popped in here whilst waiting to visit the Shard which is close by.
The majority of people were sat outside and it was almost empty inside.
We were greeted by a young lady who said "Sit where you like". Our waiter, a young lad, came over and stood there. I ordered a bottle of water for both of us and a diet coke for my wife.......to my surprise before I could order my glass of wine, he strode off.
Poor lad then had to make another trip.
The bottle of water was plonked on our table along with a glass full of ice. We had to open this and pour it ourselves.
We ordered our food which came in timely fashion. It was adequate at best, my wife had spaghetti Bolognese which she said was ok, I had risotto which was stodgy.

The bill came to £51.15 and they kindly added a 10% service charge for the "exceptional" service.

The place was extremely tired, I loved the fly in my glass of water (photo attached). I don't mind paying a service charge when I receive good service......
We WON'T be returning. A lot better places close by

karen m, Guest Relations Manager at Azzurro - London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest

I am sorry to read your comments - please could you email me directly karen@towncentreretsaurants.co.uk

Regards

Reviewed 23 August 2017

In the shadow of the Shard it is easy to overlook this place, and given how quiet it was on a Saturday nigh many people do.
However it is an excellent restaurant and although the service was poor (considering how quiet it was - two tables) it is well worth a visit.
I had the extremely good calzone, but our party covered risotto, pasta, pizza as well.

2  Thank DerehamDad
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favourite places to catch up with friends. The food is tasty and the staff friendly. Conveniently located and never overcrowded or loud.

karen m, Guest Relations Manager at Azzurro - London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest

thank you for the lovely review and we hope to see you again soon

kind regards