“What a Charming, Friendly Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Victoria, Canada
“What a Charming, Friendly Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second stay at Arosfa, the first a few years ago with my husband and daughter. This time I was a solo, senior (60) female traveler. I had not been able to get reservations again until this visit (we travel through London twice a year) and am so glad I did. The hotel is the same, great location, comfortable, clean linens, free internet in the lounge, wonderful breakfast, excellent value, etc.. Last visit, staff were pleasant, helpful, etc. This visit, everyone was extraordinary. Tessa, Atilla and other staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are helpful in every possible way. Tessa and others made an effort to get to know you and I felt I was staying with friends, not at an impersonal hotel. I had to leave at 5:30 am and Tessa made sure my bags were brought down, woke up herself to give me a wake-up call at 5:00, pre-ordered a cab, brought me a take-away breakfast, etc.- just one example of the special care taken of guests.
The rooms are small, the bathroom tiny, there is no elevator, stairs are a little narrow and steep but I still give the hotel a 5* rating as you CAN NOT get better value for money or better service anywhere in London. I really appreciate the charming decor, the small touches like having a bowl of apples in the room along with the usual coffee and tea service, the iron and ironing board on every floor (offers to bring one to your room if you prefer), etc. etc. Also if you are a book-lover the best Waterstones is across the street. I've stayed at many places in London (some much more expensive and more centrally-located) but will always try to get reservations at Arosfa first again on all future travels.
Thanks Tessa, Atilla and all for such a lovely stay!

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for a room on lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

On arrival at the Arosfa Hotel we found Tessa waiting for us, she showed us into the lounge and then took our suitcase to our room. The room was compact but clean and tidy with a small bathroom with shower. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice on the continental buffet table plus traditional English, Atilla was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed with plenty of fresh coffee. The staff were all very helpful and we enjoyed our stay very much. We were able to walk to Shaftsbury Avenue within 15 - 20 minutes, in fact we walked everywhere.. we would certainly stay there again as it was excellent value for money and so much more personal than the big hotels where you never see the same person twice. Thank you Tessa, Atilla and staff for making my birthday special

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you have difficulty climbing stairs request a lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Gyor, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My 3 friends and myself stayed at the hotel for 5 night after a friend
reccomended it to us!
The staff were great at this hotel, charming attentive and genuinely friendly. The room was a little small but the wonderfully comfy bed made up for this. the location was good just a few steps from Soho. The breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.
Attila and Tessa, Thank You very much!
Big Like!

Room Tip: All room is good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reutlingen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed for four nights, and I will stay there again in December ;0).
- Location is near British Museum,
- you have three Tube stations in 5-10 Minute walking distance,
- Breakfast was great (you had the choice between Muesli and english breakfast),
- free Internet (2 PCs in the living room + printer),
- very welcoming and helpful staff,
- yes, the room was small (I had a single one) and the bathroom was tiny - but hey, you are there to see something from the city and for shopping - and the room was very clean!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ella-Nicole
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed for two nights, and had an impeccable stay. The staff was wonderful, and very helpful. The hotel is centrally located to the West End Theatres, British Museum, Oxford Street, Picadilly, and Covent Garden. My son and I are gluten free, and they bought us special breads and pastries for our second morning. They have a full english breakfast, which was wonderful. I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Gyor, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I spent a long weekend in London and I picked Arosfa on my friend’s advice and also because it is in the heart of the city. I can warmly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for welcoming staff, BTW who were Tessa and Attila, a lovely couple who were always willing to help and make my stay homely.
The rooms are small but cosy. Opposed to other reviews I consider the size of the room not to much of a problem. I was there to do sightseeing so I preferred hanging around in London to staying in my room. There is free wifi in the entire building and two PCs in the lobby.

I will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gabor M
Foz do Iguacu, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I could not be happier with the choice of Arosfa Hotel for my stay in London. Good location, spotlessly clean, warm and friendly welcome and a excellet breakfast to keep you up through the journey.
Attila and Tessa are the sweetest people and willing to make your stay the most pleasant one. Location is very good, close to a bunch of subway stations.
Rooms are small, it`s true, but they have just the right size for you to have a good night of sleep. In fact, the hotel is renovating some of the rooms to make them more spacious.
I should add an extra point for the decoration, which is of very good taste.
Recption closes at 10pm, but you get your own key, so that you can feel truly at home.

Room Tip: I heard that the apartment, on the top floor, is a gem, especially for families, but it gets quickly...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family