“Good choice”

Ranked #94 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good choice”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I originally booked the rooms on reading the good reviews it had received. We were not disappointed. We only stayed for one night but were really pleased with the service we recieved, each one of our party being asked what they would like for their cooked breakfast. We had a really warm welcome and Tessa was very helpful with local knowledge and info.. i would recommend this hotel to any other travellers and will certainly try to book again on our next venture to London.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

When I originally booked I was only in London for one night. A last minute change of plan required a second nights stay but unfortunately the Arosfa was now full. My loss.

I was allocated a recently refurbished single room near the ground floor. It was small but well planned and the bathroom was excellent with a decent shower. There was no closet but there were some hooks and coat hangers on the wall and the bed was designed to leave a space to store luggage under it. Everywhere is clean and tidy and they have a plan to refurbish all the rooms over time.

As always you are made to feel very welcome when visiting the Arosfa and nothing is too much trouble. I've stayed here before and I will have no hesitation to stay there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I would just like to say thank you to Attil and Tessa for our stay at their beautiful hotel. They really made us feel so welcome and at home. The room was lovely, the food was delicious and plenty to fill our tums. The hotel is in the right location for shops and theatres and other attractions and they were very helpful with information, places to go and getting around London ( and we needed all the help we could get ) So if you are looking for somewhere to stay then this is the place, they really are beautiful people, thank you again Attila and Tessa x
Best Wishes
Tracey, Cheryl and Val x

Room Tip: we stayed in the ensuit and there were three of us ( all girls ) sharing and it was fine for us.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a really good value hotel in a convenient location just 5 minutes from Googe Street tube station meaning that it's very quick and easy to get to Covent Garden and all its theatres and restaurants. It also feels like a safe area.
The hotel owners and staff are without exception friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds with good quality linen.. The breakfasts are well cooked and the service is good. We stayed as a family; myself,my elderly mother and two grown up daughers and we all agreed that we will certainly try to stay here again on out next visit to London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Arosfa on Saturday night, as we had a surprise trip to the theatre planned for our 6 year old son's birthday. The location is great, especially for the West End, but what struck is most is how helpful & friendly Tessa & Atilla are - you really are made to feel welcome.

We had the apartment which was well worth the 3 flights of stairs!! Both rooms were extremely spacious and comfortable.

The full English breakfast was delicious and set us all up for the day.

On our arrival we had mentioned to Tessa that we were in London celebrating our sons birthday & just after we had finished our breakfast on the Sunday morning the lights were dimmed and Tessa & Atilla came into the room with a birthday cake, with 6 candles on it. Our son was very happy and we thought that this was a very kind gesture.

We hope to return to London soon and will stay, without a doubt, at the Arosfa.

Thank you Tessa & Atilla.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Excellent location within walking to 3 tube stations. Safe neighbouirhood right next to University of London. Easy access to areas like Leicester Square - Chinatown, Covent Garden & Oxford Street etc. Full English breakfast served by friendly owners and staff. Internet access is rather slow as we stayed at the highest level. There is no elevator so the many flights of staircase is really challenging and good exercise.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second stay at Arosfa, the first a few years ago with my husband and daughter. This time I was a solo, senior (60) female traveler. I had not been able to get reservations again until this visit (we travel through London twice a year) and am so glad I did. The hotel is the same, great location, comfortable, clean linens, free internet in the lounge, wonderful breakfast, excellent value, etc.. Last visit, staff were pleasant, helpful, etc. This visit, everyone was extraordinary. Tessa, Atilla and other staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are helpful in every possible way. Tessa and others made an effort to get to know you and I felt I was staying with friends, not at an impersonal hotel. I had to leave at 5:30 am and Tessa made sure my bags were brought down, woke up herself to give me a wake-up call at 5:00, pre-ordered a cab, brought me a take-away breakfast, etc.- just one example of the special care taken of guests.
The rooms are small, the bathroom tiny, there is no elevator, stairs are a little narrow and steep but I still give the hotel a 5* rating as you CAN NOT get better value for money or better service anywhere in London. I really appreciate the charming decor, the small touches like having a bowl of apples in the room along with the usual coffee and tea service, the iron and ironing board on every floor (offers to bring one to your room if you prefer), etc. etc. Also if you are a book-lover the best Waterstones is across the street. I've stayed at many places in London (some much more expensive and more centrally-located) but will always try to get reservations at Arosfa first again on all future travels.
Thanks Tessa, Atilla and all for such a lovely stay!

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for a room on lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo