“Wonderful stay!”

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #90 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Great and exceedingly helpful service, the best I've ever enjoyed at any hotel anywhere! (Not to mention nice large breakfasts...) Yes, the room (and especially the bathroom) was small, but I don't mind a bit if it helps brings the room cost down from what other area hotels charge! I stayed for 4 days at the Arosfa and enjoyed every second of it... Can't wait to return! Thanks, Tessa!! :-)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Misciell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at the Arosfa Hotel in August 2011 for a week for a work trip. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by Tessa who was wonderful and very accommodating. The breakfast was great, there was a big variety of cereals, croissants, yoghurts and a cooked breakfast was also available. I had long days of work the whole week I was there so I mostly bought food back to the hotel and Tessa and the other members of staff happily cooked it for me and bought it to my room which I thought was a lovely touch. My room was quite small but it fitted my requirements completely and was nice and cosy! There was a small wet room in the room which was nice and clean. My room was cleaned every day and new sheets were also laid. It’s a great hotel to stay in whether you are on a business trip or having a short break in London as it is in close proximity of the centre. There are buses that leave every few minutes just over the road from the Arosfa but it is also in walking distance of Oxford Street and the main amenities. I would highly recommend the Arosfa, great hotel and great staff!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sr2012
Gyor, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days while visiting London last year and loved it!

The owners Tessa and Attila were both really friendly and helpful and made the hotel feel like our home during our stay.
The hotel is in a great location in Bloomsbury not far from several tube stops and the British Museum. The heart of London Soho, Covent Garden and the West End are also just a pleasant 15-20 minutes walk through a nice and tidy neighbourhood.
The rooms are small but cozy and are the cleanest rooms I have ever seen in a hotel!
We will definitely be staying at the Arosfa next time we visit London!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

As per other reviews, the service couldn't be faulted. Even after we had checked out Tessa invited us to use the lounge and help ourselves to coffee. Our room (and en-suite) was certainly compact but had all the necessary mod-cons and was spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was good, with plenty of variety, particularly for a small hotel.
Only downside was traffic noise, although this could only be heard when window was open. Some visitors may find the stairs a struggle, so I would suggest that a request is made for a room on a low floor.
Location was very good, with three underground stations within a few minutes walk, also plenty of coffee shops and restaurants nearby.
All in all, we had a great stay and would heartily recommend this friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Location: couldnt be better. several tube and bus stations within a 2-5minute walk
Staff and service: extremely friendly and helpful. fulfilled any special requests immediately. breakfast was authentic and plentiful
Rooms: we had a very small but functional room. next time we will request a 3-person room for the two of us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I originally booked the rooms on reading the good reviews it had received. We were not disappointed. We only stayed for one night but were really pleased with the service we recieved, each one of our party being asked what they would like for their cooked breakfast. We had a really warm welcome and Tessa was very helpful with local knowledge and info.. i would recommend this hotel to any other travellers and will certainly try to book again on our next venture to London.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

When I originally booked I was only in London for one night. A last minute change of plan required a second nights stay but unfortunately the Arosfa was now full. My loss.

I was allocated a recently refurbished single room near the ground floor. It was small but well planned and the bathroom was excellent with a decent shower. There was no closet but there were some hooks and coat hangers on the wall and the bed was designed to leave a space to store luggage under it. Everywhere is clean and tidy and they have a plan to refurbish all the rooms over time.

As always you are made to feel very welcome when visiting the Arosfa and nothing is too much trouble. I've stayed here before and I will have no hesitation to stay there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo