“Great place to stay in London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #108 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great place to stay in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

After the airlines lost my luggage and my cell phone would not work, I was happy to find that Arosfa was everything as described in its website and in the TripAdvisor reviews. My room was clean and cosy, the breakfast buffet was yummy and healthy, and my hosts, Tessa and Attila were incredibly nice and helpful. Arosfa is centrally located by tube, bus, or train. If you are a walker, it is in walking distance of many sites. I stayed for six nights and I will return again when back in London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent one night at the hotel in a double room with twin beds, which was small, but adequate, and along with an authentic English breakfast, good for the price. I was disappointed that Tessa was not there, because we had exchanged emails before my stay and I was looking forward to meeting her. But Atilla and the rest of the staff were very accommodating. It was unusually warm for London in May, but Atilla was kind enough to give us an extra fan, (carried up to the top floor, no less!). Atilla was also a very gracious host to my guests; we all sat outside and enjoyed drinks to celebrate a family "reunion." I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room on the highest floor was too warm and stuffy; it might be that lower rooms are also warm and st...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Arosfa is well located within walking distance from the tube station. Our hosts Attila & Tessa, made us feel very welcome on our arrival and during our stay. The hotel was home from home, and we would recommend without hesitation the Arosfa experience. Looking forward to going back later in the year.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Tessa and Attilla were lovely hosts and extremely kind. In a wonderful location, quiet and near to the Tube stop, very centrally located in terms of connections with other lines. We stayed for two nights and were in the room at the top. It felt like home. Nice breakfast and lobby space.

Room Tip: The room at the top was very spacious, but you need to be prepared to walk about 4 flights of stairs...
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at the Arosfa for 2 nights in a single room and will be returning soon for 3 more nights. The hotel is wonderfully located, pleasantly decorated, the lounge area with 2 computers for guests is a welcome space and breakfast was good. But the best part of the experience is the staff, as helpful and friendly as it's possible to be.

The room I had was fitted with a shower/sink/toilet compartment which was not as comfortable to use as the usual ensuite kind. To give the hotel credit they do mention on the website the very small size of these units. I'd suggest that for a larger or older guest it might be wise to request a room with a full sized bathroom which I've done for my next visit.

I've had a difficult time locating a budget hotel in central London to which I'd care to return. But I feel now that I have and will happily stay at the Arosfa when I return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Me and a friend arrived for a two night stay and were showed into the comfy looking lounge. our luggage was taken up stairs which was great as we were on the 3rd floor. We had booked a twin room and straight away we were told it was a small room.... granted yes it was small but it was cosy!! The bathroom did take awhile to get used to as it was small but it was very clean (slight ocd when it comes to bathrooms). The breakfast we had was fab couldnt fault it, felt full both days and real coffee makes all the difference- good touch!!
Tessa and Attila were the perfect hosts and would recommend their hotel to all and we will be staying there again when we visit!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I booked a night at Arofsa because there were no other choices that night - I don't usually stay in these types of hotels but I must say I was pleasantly surprised – it’s no luxury hotel and service is minimal. My room was clean and the bed was acceptably comfortable . The bathroom was small but perfectly clean. The best part was the extreme friendliness of the man who welcomed me when I arrived at 11pm (after their normal closing time). I had to leave very early and they were kind enough to leave me a small breakfast tray in my room – even though I hadn’t asked for anything. In its category, Arofsa is a good choice for value-driven travelers in pricey London!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family