We chose this site because it stated that dogs were welcome, and we always take our dog along on our trips, both for his enjoyment and security for the caravan. However, upon arrival, we were told that he needed to stay on lead for the whole visit, and couldn't even be let off to go to the toilet. Before being told this, I let him off for a couple of seconds and someone bellowed at me from the other side of the park - "dogs on lead!!" in a rather sarcastic, patronising voice. The following day, we left him as we always do in the awning, safely secured, with water while we popped out. When we returned, our awning was wide open and our dog had been moved. Before we could even get the key in the door, another little policeman came rushing over and gave us a lecture, which included the fact that our dog could not even be left in our own caravan while we were out, and if we did leave him they'd call the RSPCA. Our dog had been moved simply because they thought they had a right to relocate him outside of the awning. Our dog was stressed by this and very upset - as were we. No one, at any point, had mentioned this 'site policy'. We asked if there had been complaints or he'd been barking, and they replied no, he'd been fine - it just wasn't allowed. It seems a bit stupid to allow dogs to a site where people go to visit central London via buses and tubes, and expect them to take the dog along. We wouldn't return. Our advice is to avoid if you have pets - or you don't enjoy being lectured by the constant stream of nagging staff passing by and beaking through your windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful site that puts you in equally easy reach of both central London and the many attractions of Lee Valley Regional Park… Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye - from Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park you can be taking in all the iconic sights of London in less than an hour.Or you can be deep into the 1,000 acre River Lee Country Park or Epping Forest in a matter of minutes. There are also horse riding and ice centre nearby. The overall complex includes an 18-hole golf course, Odeon cinema and an athletics centre – in other words, you won’t be stuck for things to do!You’ll also find the site has excellent facilities, such as heated toilet blocks, free showers, a shop where you can buy travel cards and a fun adventure playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park, Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lee Valley Leisure Centre Camping And Caravan Park
- Lee Valley Leisure Centre Camping & Caravan Park Hotel London