“Excellent stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Provence
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Bloomsbury hotel is an excellent choice due to its key location, with an easy access to the main tourists spots. Room was well furnished, comfortable, beautifully decorated,good size, and overlooking Great Russel Street. When you walk in the hotel, the atmosphere is very warm and the concierge and reception are very welcoming and helpful. We definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely review and for recommending the hotel. We are all delighted that you found the hotel to be so comfortable and the teams so welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint-Lambert, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Nice hotel, charming in fact. Very well located (Tottenham Court tube is 2 blocs away, British Meseum is at a 3 minute walk) Received great service. The concierge service was quite friendly and effective in gaining me suggestion for restaurants and ways to get last minute tickets to a play. I truly appreciated having North American standard electrical outlets available near the desk in the room ! Same with free wireless service (although not nearly as fast as one would expect in 2012, but hey, t'was free). Breakfast included with base price nice buffet, enough to chose from. But food services should know what a café au lait is however !! ;-)

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank FLR450
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for writing such a great review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you found the Concierge team to be so friendly and it is always great to hear that the little touches that we pride ourselves on like the American adaptors in the wall by the desk are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
Lytham
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had the pleasure of stopping at this fantastic hotel whilst on business in London on the 2nd April. The hotel as always was spotless, the concierge and front desk were as always attentive and pleasant. As other reviews suggest the rooms are not overly large but are comfortable and very well furnished in a contemporary fashion. The breakfast room is well appointed and the service and quality of food was good. I do however have one issue, during my stay in room 706 I was repeatedly woken by a knocking noise coming from either the plumbing or A/C, switching off the A/C at 4am made no difference. I did report the fault to the night desk who, to their credit offered to change my room, something I didn’t relish at 4am, but that was my choice I did at least have the option. On checking out I was asked if I enjoyed my stay to which I replied yes but unfortunately I had a noise in the room, I then asked if it was reported, It hadn’t, apologies were given and I was told that the manager would be informed etc. In my job I don’t get the opportunity to travel extensively, my hotel choice is usually made by myself so the Bloomsbury is my hotel of choice in central London I don’t usually write reviews but this hotel is so good I think that my issue, the fact that I had a disturbed night’s sleep, should be addressed by the management if the hotel is to further improve on what is already an excellent establishment. This one issue has prevented me from giving 5 an excellent rating, hopefully at my next visit, and I will visit again these issues will have been addressed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest review We are all delighted that we have become your choice of hotel when in London and thank you for acknowledging the housekeeping team as well as Concierge and the Front Desk. I was of course naturally very disappointed to read the problem you had during your last stay but I would like to assure you that we have taken the comment very seriously as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests' is of utmost importance to us. I would be delighted to discuss the issue further with you and would kindly ask that you contact me on beccy_gunn@doylecollection.com. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had our second visit here in February 2012. It really is a lovely hotel in central London. Rooms are small but beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Can't comment on the food in the hotel as we refuse to pay £20 per head for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for posting such a lovely review following your second visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit so much that you returned for a second time and again were impressed by the clean rooms and the staff. I am sorry that you feel our breakfast is expensive but I would highly recommend booking breakfast in advance at reception when checking in where we offer a discounted rate which includes the full continental buffet, your choice of juices and hot beverages as well as one of our many cooked dishes. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I like boutique hotels a LOT! This place definitely covers that for sure, its my 3rd stay here,but my first time reviewing. I think its hard to rate any London hotels well, as the rooms are always SOOOOO small. As someone who has traveled to about 30 cities across the globe, the rooms in London hotels are always small, but you can't hold that against the bloomsbury, obviously.

Their staff is always very helpful when you need. The location is great as well, especially being so close to a major underground station.

The restaurant is so-so, but with so many other places accessible, don't let that influence your decision. The Bar (Landseer) in the basement always has a nice set of tech-geeks it seems like, and the bartenders down there are always great, with whipping up great drinks and offering advice for tourists / visitors.

I'd recommend this place for sure, just keep in mind, the rooms are gonna be small.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank wilreynolds
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay. I am delighted that the bar in particular was able to make your stay so positive and it is always fabulous to hear that the staff are so helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
birmingham
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife had an accident a couple of weeks before we arrived and she arrived in a wheelchair, all the staff were very helpful as soon as we arrived assisting in using lift at side of hotel to foyer then very efficiently booking us in and giving us the opportunity to have another room with a shower for use with disabilities. the room was very clean.and cosy.. we used the bar which was spacious enough for the wheelchair and the service , drinks to table, were lovely. Toilets emaculate .Due to mobility we used the room service and the food was bought up fast and was smashing. All the staff were so nice and pleasant they made what was unusual and difficult circumstances for us with my wife in a wheelchair an enjoyable occasion. It was very close to theatre area,British museum and covent garden. 10 out of 10 for everyone there.Thank you and we will definately return .(were there 9/3/12 and 10/3/12)

Room Tip: there was a fitness centre but did not use
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
We are all delighted that you would make your stay so enjoyable and help your wife get about with a minimium of fuss. Thank you so much for posting such a positive review and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here recently for a week on business and have stayed here several times before with great satisfaction. When I arrived it transpired that there had been a mix up that that the agent I booked through (otel.com) had cancelled the booking without calling me. Anyway they assured me at the check in desk that they would sort this out. I sat down in their lobby for almost an hour without anyone updating me. Then when I went to the desk they said that they could do nothing they were fully booked. I asked to speak with a manager who ended up giving me a room for the night and saying he would sort it out in the morning but that I would have to check out the next day. I checked out the next day and was told I would be called in the morning to confirm there was a room available from the manager - no call came. I called them in the afternoon only to be told that they could do nothing there was no room and I would need to book in somewhere else. I couldn't believe how poorly I was treated. They said they could book me in the following day but that I would have to pay their daily rate which was triple what I had booked per night. I asked them to honor the rate which they said wouldn't under any circumstances. Had they made it clear on the first night that there was no room I could have made other arrangements however they left me completely dependent on them and were useless. I asked why they had not done this and the manager said he hadn't wanted me to feel "deserted". I can't believe that they would treat a customer in this way. I had to book another hotel and arrived back to the hotel late to collect my bag the manager then said he could fit me in and would honor the rate. After all of their fuss and the stress they caused they could honor the rate so they lied in the first instance. The people on the check in desk couldn't have been less useful. I would never stay here again as I cannot imagine being treated worse. On top of this the breakfast is exceptionally poor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank coco55555
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for bringing your recent experience at the hotel to my attention. Firstly I would like to apologise for the treatment that you received during your recent stay with us. I have now had the time to fully investigate the situation and please rest assured that the staff involved are also very sorry for the mistakes that were made. It really was the intention of the staff to try and resolve the situation by allowing you to remain in the hotel but I fully accept that the way they proceeded to go about this only caused you more anguish. I would be delighted to discuss this further with you and hopefully resolve the issue to your satisfaction and would kindly ask that you contact me on beccy_gunn@doylecollection.com