“We LOVE this hotel!”

Ranked #358 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Minneapolis
“We LOVE this hotel!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights last week and it was fabulous! The rooms were spacious, clean, and modern. They were the only Hilton who would guarantee connecting rooms. I'm so glad that made us choose them! The staff was top notch. From our server Stephanie who helped us during the VIP reception on Tuesday night, to Marli - the guest relations manager, to all of the staff who helped us during the delicious breakfast, and also the director of operations - all were wonderful to work with and did everything to make sure we were comfortable at all times. This hotel is directly in Trafalgar Square. You can walk around the corner to Buckingham Palace. We didn't know that until the 3rd day of our trip - we had taken the underground there and realized it was a 10 minute walk! I couldn't have asked for a better stay and we will choose this hotel again when we return to London. Thank you to all at the Trafalgar!!! See you soon!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Looking for a hotel in London?? Finding it difficult to choose a hotel in the hotel-jungle?? Believe me - your worries are over!!

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful decorated hotel for three nights and all our expectations were fulfilled. Before arrival we had asked for a room with a view and an upgrade to 'king deluxe' - it did cost a little extra (sure) but not only did we get a room as requested a special treat was waiting. When we entered our room a bottle of prosecco on ice was waiting!! We were thrilled!!
Going on our second honeymoon - without kids - this was the perfect choice of stay. Luxury big rooms, delicious breakfast, nice staff, beautiful decor etc. etc. ...And of course perfect location!!
A special thanks to Marli S. for our room-surprise :))

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maieng
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The front desk staff were very pleasant & obliging on arrival, although the room was not ready for check in at around 5.00pm. We was offered a drink at the bar while we waited. The room was satisfactory. It was a large room but felt the wardrobes could have been better positioned, more than placed along the entrance way. We both felt that the subdued lighting in the corridor to the breakfast dining room & corridors to the bedrooms need to be changed as it was very dingy. For the whole stay there was only one lift working. The breakfast staff were very obliging & nothing was to much trouble. Still think it was a wonderful hotel and loved the central postion. London is a great place to be, so much to see & do. We would recommend seeing the Jersey Boys show. Overall we throughly enjoy our long weekend at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MarliSadzinski, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you very much for your post. I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is reassuring to hear that on adverse cenario (arrival) our front desk team did their utmost to deliver a warm welcome. Also, your compliments to our breakfast team were passed on and are a motivator to keep our great service.

I am positive that your comments regarding the room layout will be taken into account by our Operations Director and our Housekeeper Manager.

We are upgrading our lifts, and the works are due to be completed (in both lifts) by the end of March. A faster and reliable service will be available.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a glass and drapes bathed in low designer lighting place. You can't see a thing. The prices are crazy. We paid £24 for two glasses of wine and two waters. Still, it is a Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012
MarliSadzinski, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you very much for your post.

I am sorry to hear that our decor was not to off your approval. As a boutique hotel we use innovative design to make the ambiance unique, and memorable.

Our hotel offer a wide range of drinks, price vary and are in line with many other establishments in the area.

We are due to reopen our Vista Bar by the end of the month, the views to The Trafalgar Square are just amazing. With one more bar open our offer of choices will also increase.

I do hope you will once again to make a visit to our hotel, and that the options offerd meet your expectations.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Although there were some improvements that were sorely needed (the elevators weren't working for 5 of the 7 days we were there), the location and the staff at the hotel made you overlook the negatives. It's a predominantly young group of employees who are very friendly and eager to help. The housekeeping service was very good, and the maintenance staff extremely attentive. The minute we notified them of something that needed tending to, it was fixed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Paris
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at the Trafalgar in Oct 2011 for two nights. Having stayed 6 times with them and being HH Gold, you would expect some decent treatment by their front desk or service relations manager.

I booked the stay on points and cash and presented by reward certficate upon check in. I was assigned a terrible room that they call deluxe, failing to realize that I had already stayed in their deluxe or deluxe plus rooms before. The room was badly set up, had a waterpipes closet in it, with sounds all night. It was also badly maintained with different color light bulbs on each side of the room. Cleanliness was also not their forte.

I asked for late departure that they indicated it was complimentary given my HH status. Upon exit, i settled my bill and all was fine, I saw a guestroom charge which seemed like the cash part of my points and cash reward.

Four months later, in Feb 2012, they contact me to say that there is an additional charge and that they forgot to add the cash part to my bill for my points and cash reward and that the charge I paid was for late departure... I checked my records upon receiving the new bill and charge and realized irregularities in their HH points declared (actually they declared nothing) for my stay. I missed my HH Diamond status because of their errors in HH points declaration.

As I took the issue with them and with their front desk manager and guest services "leader" - they admitted their error and indicated they contacted HHonors to fix the problem. 3 weeks later, I contact HH Desk: no issue was raised, they never filed any correction for my points, and no mention is made to HHonors of their errors. HH desk asked me to file a complete detailed report about this incident with all supporting docs directly with the head of HH Europe, which I did. Trafalgar of course never answers emails with their correspondent indicating he left the job in his auto-reply! How pro!

All in all, I stay 40 nights a year with Hilton and been with their Hilton, Conrad, and Waldorf Astoria hotels. This hotel should not be part of the Hilton family. It is noisy and has a club in the lobby, badly managed, incompetent reception and employee relationship staff, and simply mistreats HHonors guests, especially on reward stays.

I hope Hilton gets its senses back and ditches this property - Hilton deserves better. As for me when in London, I will stay at the Park Lane or Waldorf - stated repeatedly with them and never an issue.

• Stayed October 2011
6 Thank EMMParis
Cheshire
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We won a stay at the hotel with a meal & theatre tickets through a competition with Virgin Atlantic. We arrived early and did not expect our room to be ready. However, we were able to leave our luggage & because of the great location went for a pleasant walk in the park. When we returned our luggage had been taken to our room. The room was pleasantly furnished and the sound proofing was excellent for a London hotel. We had tickets for Chicago and had a meal pre-booked in the restaurant for 6pm. Unfortunately, when we arrived they had no booking and were in the middle of a staff training session. They did clear the restaurant and accommodated us although they were clearly not expecting us. The food was good and well cooked. The staff were very apologetic and afforded us a free bottle of wine. Breakfast the next morning was very good although the knives are quite difficult to cut anything with. They do look very funky though! We stayed an extra night through Hilton honours and everything was fine. It was a bit of a pain with only one lift working but I understand they are upgrading. The location is excellent and after the initial glitch the staff were very helpful. I would definitely return and although the hotel is expensive, it is definately worth it for the location for theatres, art galleries and shopping.

Room Tip: Use Hilton honours to upgrade to Executive Room.