This was my fourth stay at The Trafalgar. I have always loved it for its location and for its modern appealing rooms. In the past, there were a few issues but nothing too odd. This time around, it was a little different and, sadly to say, somewhat disappointing. In short, the problems were as follows:
- the cold water knob at the bathroom sink came off on several occasions. We asked them to fix it. They did but it continued to happen. I didn't mention it to them again because it was already our last day.
- one of the elevators failed while I was inside and I was stuck in there for about 10 minutes.
- I asked to be moved from the first room that was offered because the carpet seemed very stained abd the room did not have a separate shower. All rooms on my previous visits had a shower.
- the floors in the bathrooms appear to be very worn and stained. This was true of both our originally offered room and the one we ultimately accepted.
- on our second day, we returned to the room at 4pm to find that it had not been serviced. We notified the front desk and someone came right away. However, they were very quick and never emptied the garbage or returned the pillows to the bed. We ran into our next door neighbor who said that her room wasn't serviced either and that it was the second time that this happened in just a few days.
For our inconveniences, the hotel's guest manager offered us a glass of wine each. We took her up on it. I know they are trying to be nice and that was a kind gesture but somehow I felt that we could have been offered a bit more.
The real problem here is that when you look at the reviews, you get a series of complaints and then subsequent responses from management with their apology...... and that cycle repeats itself over and over again. It doesn't seem to really get better. The rates at this particular Hilton as compared to the other London locations are consistenly the highest. I take it that this is now solely based on location because it certainly does not warrant the prices.
I am a Diamond Hilton member and I come to London frequently but I need to think seriously about whether there will be future stays at the Trafalgar or whether I'm ready to move on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trafalgar is located on the world-famous Trafalgar Square, many of London's star attractions within walking distance, such as the London Eye, Big Ben and Theatreland. Modern and boutique, the hotel facilities include Vista Rooftop Bar, Rockwell Bar & Restaurant renowned for serving innovative cocktails with international cuisine. Vista Bar offers breathtaking views of the ever changing London skyline. There are 129 rooms, many with superb views of the square, all featuring DVD players, high-speed internet and aromatherapy toiletries. Guests also enjoy complimentary access to Vista rooftop bar (weather permitting). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Trafalgar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trafalgar Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- The Trafalgar